Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Jemele Hill at it again

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I just can't see enough of these players actually caring about this where it will potentially cost them money. I bet most of these players don't even know what they are "protesting." just jumped on the bandwagon with the rest of them. Don't get me wrong, there are some. Very educated and intellectual players that could answer questions pertaining to the this subject, but I bet most can't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I think you guys are really misjudging these players to say they wont care. Also to people wont care if they strike is false look at what this kneeling protest has done. I think these players should use the platform they have they shouldnt jist shit and color because they are athletes. If the rich dont speak up shit never gets heard

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I think you guys are really misjudging these players to say they wont care.
    How many were protesting before Trump said something? How many stopped protesting after the first time, and how many stopped after the second week?

If they cared so much, why not protest all along, and why not keep it up?

Also to people wont care if they strike is false look at what this kneeling protest has done.

Nothing, but piss people of and start facebook fights..

I think you guys are really misjudging these players to say they wont care. Also to people wont care if they strike is false look at what this kneeling protest has done. I think these players should use the platform they have they shouldnt jist shit and color because they are athletes. If the rich dont speak up shit never gets heard

On the field wearing their bosses uniform is not their platform. They can call press conferences, people would show up. Using that as an excuse is a joke. If they prove me wrong, good on them, I underestimated their love for money. To protest wearing your employers uniform and not to expect consequences is just flat out stupid.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

On the field wearing their bosses uniform is not their platform. They can call press conferences, people would show up. Using that as an excuse is a joke. If they prove me wrong, good on them, I underestimated their love for money. To protest wearing your employers uniform and not to expect consequences is just flat out stupid.

I heard Sean Hannity on Fox News offered any player an hour to come on his show and talk about it. I saw something that says he has about 3 million viewers. I bet that would go up a bit if a player really wanted to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I heard Sean Hannity on Fox News offered any player an hour to come on his show and talk about it. I saw something that says he has about 3 million viewers. I bet that would go up a bit if a player really wanted to talk about it.
    Clay Travis has reached out to Kaps people with nothing

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

You will see players strike its coming
    And I wonder what their demands will be?

Here's all I see:
    "my boss cant tell me what to do. I've got rights!"
    "I don't have to stand for no damn anthem"

Both of those demands will fall on deaf ears and they will be fired...as they should be.

This flag/anthem fiasco is costing the league money. If the players protest, it'll cost the league even more money and the players will lose.

They are in a "no-win" position and some of you guys are inferring that they plan to burn the league to the ground because they don't want to listen to their boss. Whatta joke.

You think fans leaving for the flag/anthem hurt the league. A players protest will destroy the league. MLB learned this lesson the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    And I wonder what their demands will be?

Here's all I see:
    "my boss cant tell me what to do. I've got rights!"
    "I don't have to stand for no damn anthem"

Both of those demands will fall on deaf ears and they will be fired...as they should be.

This flag/anthem fiasco is costing the league money. If the players protest, it'll cost the league even more money and the players will lose.

They are in a "no-win" position and some of you guys are inferring that they plan to burn the league to the ground because they don't want to listen to their boss. Whatta joke.

You think fans leaving for the flag/anthem hurt the league. A players protest will destroy the league. MLB learned this lesson the hard way.
    It's an open question whether fans are going to return to the NFL at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    It's an open question whether fans are going to return to the NFL at all.
    If they stop kneeling I'll watch again. It won't be something I HAVE to do but if it's on, they dont kneel (or protest) I'll watch if u don't have anything else to do.

I've already moved onto other interests. I've followed the NFL for a long time but honestly you can't kneel for our flag and stand for god save our queen then take it back.

You can't allow the whole league to get on one knee then take it back when it affects your business. I'd almost respect them more if they were a delusional spoiled rich ingrate like Keapernick. He maybe deluded but at least he kneeled with courage behind his convictions.

The NFL had the opportunity to do the right thing and didn't. They will continue to own that regardless of whether they have a change of heart. Also for the Dolphins talk about muddling the waters Trump didn't muddle the waters. Trump described exactly why Keapernick decided to kneel. He said he didn't respect the flag. He said he didn't want to stand for the anthem because America is an oppressive nation.

Those were his words. Athletes tried to coopt his protest and tell us they actually weren't protesting the anthem and flag while protesting during the anthem and kneeling at the flag. It didn't make sense because it was bullcrap.
    Last edited by boller4president; 10-12-2017 at 12:59 PM.

it gonna be crazy if they tell players they cant knee. they knew this, this is why they decided not to change it. the Kneel has got people talking but a lot of people missed the point of why they are kneeling it is no disrespect to the military in-fact the knee was created by a special forces member. if they try to control the players they will lose they know this. and if they using that platform to speak then so be it a lot of these players are not recognizable as stars because of the helmets but if someone like a brady or Rodgers franchise individuals get behind it then the press conference things will work if you know what I mean

it gonna be crazy if they tell players they cant knee. they knew this, this is why they decided not to change it. the Kneel has got people talking but a lot of people missed the point of why they are kneeling it is no disrespect to the military in-fact the knee was created by a special forces member. if they try to control the players they will lose they know this. and if they using that platform to speak then so be it a lot of these players are not recognizable as stars because of the helmets but if someone like a brady or Rodgers franchise individuals get behind it then the press conference things will work if you know what I mean
    It doesn't matter what something actually means, it's about perception. The majority of us in here know it's know meant to be disrespectful to the military, doesn't mean it isn't. It's not a right or wrong thing because it's about perception.

It doesn't matter what something actually means, it's about perception. The majority of us in here know it's know meant to be disrespectful to the military, doesn't mean it isn't. It's not a right or wrong thing because it's about perception.

I think you mean no disrespect to the military. The problem is people tend to hide their racism under the guise of patriotism which is whats happening. instead of being mad about what they are protesting listen to the message but they don't because deep down they may have very racist tendencies that they don't want to overtly show. But this is not just about race this is about class, dignity and respect for people.