Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Does the POTUS actually have to present policy proposals?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The point I'm making is the party, congress, republicans whoever have no interest in getting things done. Especially with an outsider like Trump.

A perfect example is Roy Moore being nominated for Sessions seat in Alabama. A few senators said if this is the type of people coming in they're going to retire. Why not work with the way the people are voting.

I know you don't like Trump and there are plenty of reasons not to, this one thooug is nitpicking when you consider politics today.
    Believe it or not, but I was one of the relatively few people who were defending Trump on this forum in the Fall of 2015 and last year during the Republican primaries. I was more than willing to give him a chance. Trump has earned my disdain.

Bob Corker was willing to give Trump a chance as well. He supported Trump for a long time. Trump bears a lot of responsibility through his words and actions for the situation he finds himself in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Believe it or not, but I was one of the relatively few people who were defending Trump on this forum in the Fall of 2015 and last year during the Republican primaries. I was more than willing to give him a chance. Trump has earned my disdain.

Bob Corker was willing to give Trump a chance as well. He supported Trump for a long time. Trump bears a lot of responsibility through his words and actions for the situation he finds himself in now.

If people really cared about was broken, they'd fix shit. They wouldn't worry about their hurt feelings or the need for Trump to massage their ego.

Blog Entries

The rhino establishment does not want an outsider like Trump to be successful. It's true that Trump has brought some of it on himself, but my guess is that 75% of the republicans in congress did not vote for him in the general election.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    The rhino establishment does not want an outsider like Trump to be successful. It's true that Trump has brought some of it on himself, but my guess is that 75% of the republicans in congress did not vote for him in the general election.
    I find this statement to be odd. What does it mean for Trump to be successful? If Congress passes a POS health care bill that only has a 17 percent approval rating, but call it a repeal and replace of Obamacare, is that a success for Trump? Why would that be a success for Trump? He didn't even know the basics about what was in the bill, and didn't care to know.

So, if Congress passes legislation, it's Trump's success, but if Congress doesn't pass legislation, it's Congress's failure? That sounds about right for Trump, as nothing is ever his fault. Trump has displayed zero leadership skills in the past nine months, and hasn't shown that he possesses any of the qualities of a "great businessman" who can broker deals to move the country forward. All he has shown is that he is that he is very adept at dividing people to distract them from the fact that he hasn't been able to get anything done.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

I find this statement to be odd. What does it mean for Trump to be successful? If Congress passes a POS health care bill that only has a 17 percent approval rating, but call it a repeal and replace of Obamacare, is that a success for Trump? Why would that be a success for Trump? He didn't even know the basics about what was in the bill, and didn't care to know.

So, if Congress passes legislation, it's Trump's success, but if Congress doesn't pass legislation, it's Congress's failure? That sounds about right for Trump, as nothing is ever his fault. Trump has displayed zero leadership skills in the past nine months, and hasn't shown that he possesses any of the qualities of a "great businessman" who can broker deals to move the country forward. All he has shown is that he is that he is very adept at dividing people to distract them from the fact that he hasn't been able to get anything done.

How in the world did you get all that from his statement..?

Blog Entries

How in the world did you get all that from his statement..?
    From the first line of his statement.

So, if Congress passes legislation, it's Trump's success, but if Congress doesn't pass legislation, it's Congress's failure?

Says the guy who started a thread to complain about Trump and lack of legislation.

Other posters were correct. The professional pols (both parties) have no desire for an outsider to come in and get something done when they spent most of their professional lives in politics and haven't been able to get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Says the guy who started a thread to complain about Trump and lack of legislation.

Other posters were correct. The professional pols (both parties) have no desire for an outsider to come in and get something done when they spent most of their professional lives in politics and haven't been able to get things done.
    This is 100% true. The entire institution of politics is in place to keep the bureaucrats fat and happy and employed. You don't get to suck off the teet once you've finished fixing the problems. Thus, the problems take years to fix. The country seemed to come to this realization after we elected BHO (the original hope/change candidate) twice and the country didn't grow/prosper/improve. This is why the electoral map was re-written in November. This is why DJT sits in the White House.

Despite all this, the economy is growing and the working class is benefitting.

Blog Entries

So, Trump bears no responsibility for anything. Got it.

Blog Entries

So, Trump bears no responsibility for anything. Got it.

What I read is that you think he bears all or most of it and others were pointing out that's not accurate. Not saying he doesn't bear any blame.

Blog Entries

What I read is that you think he bears all or most of it and others were pointing out that's not accurate. Not saying he doesn't bear any blame.
    No, I was saying that I think that Trump's White House bears some responsibility to generate some well thought out policy proposals that provide leadership on major issues. I don't regard one pagers and tweets as being policy proposals.

No, I was saying that I think that Trump's White House bears some responsibility to generate some well thought out policy proposals that provide leadership on major issues. I don't regard one pagers and tweets as being policy proposals.

I think your characterization as one pagers and tweets is inaccurate.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...ns-cuts-2017-9

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...cement-list-c/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/read-...ry?id=47585273