Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 141516
    Blog Entries

Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Correa's mom will not cause any trouble for Kamalei with the Ravens.

Like all mothers, she loves her son and I have yet to hear from an NFL parent who didn't think their son was good enough to start in the league.

I think it's interesting she blames Harbs for moving Kamalei when it was Ozzie who drafted 5 OLBs in 3 seasons (Z Smith, Judon, Correa, Bowser, T Williams) to go along with Suggs, who is still producing. And let's face it, Kamalei's move to ILB wasn't based on his 46 OLB snaps in 2016. It was based on the coaches assessment of practice, play in camp, and his position on the OLB totem pole (6th per the coaches) as well as the team's need at ILB.

I thought long and hard about whether I should respond to her at all, but eventually decided I wanted to explain why I put him in the "Transitional" group.
    I guess you could argue that if they left KC at rush linebacker and he did well, then they wouldn’t have needed to draft Bowser and Williams.

I’m not suggesting KC would have been any better as a rusher than he is as a ILB. But I have to think that this coaching staff isn’t doing him any favors by asking him to do something completely different than what he was drafted on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This was one case where I have to give credit to RaveninWoodlawn, because while neither or us were surprised by the move, he really saw it coming sooner. At least, I think it was him, who delved into how they raved about his versatility during the draft. It was like the move was the plan all along.
    When I hear that a player is versatile, I usually say Uh-Oh! I'm not looking for a jack-of-all-trades in the 2nd round. If I draft a pass-rushing OLB, then that's what I'd develop him for. I wouldn't place him in another position where he is less likely to thrive... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I guess you could argue that if they left KC at rush linebacker and he did well, then they wouldn’t have needed to draft Bowser and Williams.

I’m not suggesting KC would have been any better as a rusher than he is as a ILB. But I have to think that this coaching staff isn’t doing him any favors by asking him to do something completely different than what he was drafted on.

I never heard Ozzie Newsome say that KC was drafted to be their pass rusher purely. It was mention that they love his versatility and etc. Before KC was even drafted not every scout/team saw him as pure pass rusher. Some like him as 3-4 outside linebacker, some like him as 4-3 outside linebacker, and some liked as 3-4 inside linebacker.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-ravens-rookie
    Last edited by Jazz1988; 11-18-2017 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I never heard Ozzie Newsome say that KC was drafted to be their pass rusher purely. It was mention that they love his versatility and etc. Before KC was even drafted not every scout/team saw him as pure pass rusher. Some like him as 3-4 outside linebacker, some like him as 4-3 outside linebacker, and some liked as 3-4 inside linebacker.

Having read the scouting report in the link, drafting KC in the 2nd round makes no sense on a team that needed immediate help. There were better options available.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post

Ozzie didn’t say it Steve B said it he said they needed a LT and pass rush in the season end presser prior to that draft and Ozzie did just that he picked Stanley then went Correa and Kafusi next. That was to add to the pass rush. They took Correa and fucked him up royally without actually having the kid learn the game from what he does best. He barely played rush backer at all. Everything they have done with him have worked against him I said when when they made the change in OTAs and even pees admitted it in his rookie year they threw too much at him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Ozzie didn’t say it Steve B said it he said they needed a LT and pass rush in the season end presser prior to that draft and Ozzie did just that he picked Stanley then went Correa and Kafusi next. That was to add to the pass rush. They took Correa and fucked him up royally without actually having the kid learn the game from what he does best. He barely played rush backer at all. Everything they have done with him have worked against him I said when when they made the change in OTAs and even pees admitted it in his rookie year they threw too much at him.
    That one line says it all. We needed a pass-rusher, otherwise why not just draft ILB and be done with it? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    That one line says it all. We needed a pass-rusher, otherwise why not just draft ILB and be done with it? ... Bc
    Like you said Bc if that’s what they wanted they were better choices there like Myles Jack who I and about everyone else wanted or if they wanted a pure pass rusher then Noah Spence was sitting there. Goes to show these guys (FO and coaches) haven’t been on the same page for a while now.