Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast

Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

Peanut played the rest of the game at ILB. I'm not sure how he graded but he was apparently good enough to keep Correa on the bench.

On the one hand, it's good to seemingly have the other ILB spot settled, on the other, Correa looks like another 2nd round bust.

Blog Entries

Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

Correa just isn’t a ILB nothing to me shows he’s an ILB. He’s a D-end and rush backer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well is it glass half full or empty? Correa may well be a bust, but Onwuasor is an undrafted free agent find.

He plays fast and seems to have a nose for the ball. If he can hold up over the grind of the season, he will be a difference maker.

With Correa, it seems the writing is on the wall...

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Correa just isn’t a ILB nothing to me shows he’s an ILB. He’s a D-end and rush backer.

I don't know how you can say that though. You haven't seen anything (nor has anyone but the coaches) to give you that idea. That's just a kind of default b/c he played there in college.

My take is the scouts projected him poorly and he's just not athletic enough to play on the edge in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Well is it glass half full or empty? Correa may well be a bust, but Onwuasor is an undrafted free agent find.

He plays fast and seems to have a nose for the ball. If he can hold up over the grind of the season, he will be a difference maker.

With Correa, it seems the writing is on the wall...
    He probably would've been drafted if it weren't for off the field stuff. Glad he could get back on track and we took a chance on him. I'm hoping he continues to improve.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Peanut played the rest of the game at ILB. I'm not sure how he graded but he was apparently good enough to keep Correa on the bench.

On the one hand, it's good to seemingly have the other ILB spot settled, on the other, Correa looks like another 2nd round bust.
    I'd rather see Onwausor, with A. Levine as back-up, than Correa @ ILB. Peanut made the FF that Jimmy returned for a TD. Correa, who I didn't like drafted in the 1st place, is likely (as smoove posted) playing out-of-position. I hope our "D" coaching staff sees that and finds a way to make his talents more useful. Meanwhile Peanut is growing on me... Bc

we seem better at finding undrafted free agents than high draft picks crazy??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    I don't know how you can say that though. You haven't seen anything (nor has anyone but the coaches) to give you that idea. That's just a kind of default b/c he played there in college.

My take is the scouts projected him poorly and he's just not athletic enough to play on the edge in the NFL.
    Hes not he never was the kid played a couple snaps at ILB at Boise in which he rushed the passer and they thought he could play the position. He’s an OLB who should be doing one thing and one thing only rushing the passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabcakes & Football View Post
    He probably would've been drafted if it weren't for off the field stuff. Glad he could get back on track and we took a chance on him. I'm hoping he continues to improve.
    Meh. A lot of guys have done a lot worse and still gotten drafted. He was a college safety after all. The Ravens moved him to ILB.

I think you are selling the front office short on this one.

Blog Entries

Peanut was balling. Correa will get chances, they need the depth.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The thing with peanut is if a guard gets a hand on him he’s out play. Neither him or correa can shed blocks constantly but Peanut plays faster than Correa.

Blog Entries

I never understood why they tried to make this transition anyway. He was an edge guy/pass rusher in college. Not sure how they thought that translated to ILB in the NFL. He never looked comfortable there from the start, hopefully the staff has realized that (finally) and will now use him more outside, where he may be more productive. I didn't think he was terrible but Onwuasor always appeared to be far more natural and better overall than Correa.