Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Kamalei Correa , 1 snap.

He's a bust! Done ! Warp him up and send him on waivers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LOL, nah man, we all have guys we like that don't turn out well. We are all just arm chair QB'ing...or should I say, arm chair "GM'ing" here lol.
    Lol true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    That’s all he did at Boise don’t take my word for it go watch his games. I seen plenty of Correa being in this area in the WAC. Correa plays one speed, downhill, he’s not a read and react guy, he’s not a guy who has good lateral movement, he’s not going to put Jump someone. He’s a pass rusher and an edge player. I liked the pick because I thought he was going to be a pass rusher and when they decided to move him I told everyone he was struggle and look now?

I didn't ask what he did in college. I asked for evidence he could do it in the NFL. There is none, because he gets swallowed up when an OL gets a hand on him and he's not fast enough to go around the edge. He'd be fantastic if he could run un-encomberd to the RB/QB, but that don't happen much in the NFL, you need to navigate around blocks.

Blog Entries

What a disappointment. And I'm not surprised. I never, never liked that pick with what was left on the board.

Meanwhile, Myles Jack is starting to blossom, Michael Thomas is on pace for a 100 catch season and to be fair another guy I really wanted, Noah Spence hasn't been able to stay healthy, but has played well when he has.

I will always think the staff tried to out think themselves with that pick.
    Totally agree. Myles Jack beside CJ would be a really nice LB tandem. Lots of speed. And, obviously, Michael Thomas would be really nice to have.

This is one thing I dont get about the way the Ravens draft guys. If you want to draft a kid and have them completely switch roles from where they played in college...that's fine...but you don't spend a high pick on that guy. You spend a mid-to-late round pick on that guy because he's a "project". The only caveat to my position on that are guys that are transitioning from offensive tackle to guard or guard to center. In those situations, I think it's acceptable, but you still need to make sure that player is capable of such a transition.

Taking a guy that was an edge rusher 90% of this snaps in college and then asking him to play stand up, weakside linebacker where he's responsible for dropping into coverage, plugging gaps, shedding blockers, reading pulling guards, etc...that's a lot. Especially if the kid isn't too bright, which I have no basis for whether or not KC is intelligent...but he sure has seemed to have a tough time grasping everything.

Patrick Ricard switching from DT to DE to Blocking FB....that is a project that makes sense because he was UNDRAFTED. Peanut switching from safety to linebacker makes sense because he was UNDRAFTED, so a project designation is a lot less strenuous on the roster.

Using a 2nd round pick on a kid and then switching his role around when there were other, better players at positions of need...it's just bad drafting. And now, what's the point?

Judon - keeper.
    Bowser - keeper and has looked good when on the field.
    Tim Williams - keeper and has gotten as many, if not more snaps than Bowser from what I can tell.
    Za - decent depth player.

That's 4 guys right there that are more experienced and probably better edge players than KC is at this point. Had they just left KC at edge, who knows? He may have done alright.

Chicago did the same thing with another Boise State product - Shea McClellin. He was a stud pass rusher and they drafted him and dropped him back to a weakside linebacker in their 4-3 and he stunk.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Imagine Jack and Mosley together?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Peanut played the rest of the game at ILB. I'm not sure how he graded but he was apparently good enough to keep Correa on the bench.

On the one hand, it's good to seemingly have the other ILB spot settled, on the other, Correa looks like another 2nd round bust.
    Its a huge step from going to mostly DE to OLB in the pros. Hes going an extra step to ILB. It takes time. I think he needs help getting off blocks, which he needed at DE and OLB regardless (its always been a weakness). otherwise I dont really see a glaring flaw other than experience and recognition that comes with it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I didn't ask what he did in college. I asked for evidence he could do it in the NFL. There is none, because he gets swallowed up when an OL gets a hand on him and he's not fast enough to go around the edge. He'd be fantastic if he could run un-encomberd to the RB/QB, but that don't happen much in the NFL, you need to navigate around blocks.
    How can you not take into account what he did at college? Isn’t that part of his resume and player make up? That’s how he got to the league is through college right? He doesn’t get swallowed up by the Oline because Correa does bang in the wash he’s made some nice tackles at the line of scrimmage so that’s not a correct assessment...his problem is he can’t shed blocks enough consistently to be a factor, plus he is too hesitant as he is overthinking his assignments out there.

Blog Entries

There is a lot more you have to do as an ILB than a D end or OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Totally agree. Myles Jack beside CJ would be a really nice LB tandem. Lots of speed. And, obviously, Michael Thomas would be really nice to have.

This is one thing I dont get about the way the Ravens draft guys. If you want to draft a kid and have them completely switch roles from where they played in college...that's fine...but you don't spend a high pick on that guy. You spend a mid-to-late round pick on that guy because he's a "project". The only caveat to my position on that are guys that are transitioning from offensive tackle to guard or guard to center. In those situations, I think it's acceptable, but you still need to make sure that player is capable of such a transition.

Taking a guy that was an edge rusher 90% of this snaps in college and then asking him to play stand up, weakside linebacker where he's responsible for dropping into coverage, plugging gaps, shedding blockers, reading pulling guards, etc...that's a lot. Especially if the kid isn't too bright, which I have no basis for whether or not KC is intelligent...but he sure has seemed to have a tough time grasping everything.

Patrick Ricard switching from DT to DE to Blocking FB....that is a project that makes sense because he was UNDRAFTED. Peanut switching from safety to linebacker makes sense because he was UNDRAFTED, so a project designation is a lot less strenuous on the roster.

Using a 2nd round pick on a kid and then switching his role around when there were other, better players at positions of need...it's just bad drafting. And now, what's the point?

Judon - keeper.
    Bowser - keeper and has looked good when on the field.
    Tim Williams - keeper and has gotten as many, if not more snaps than Bowser from what I can tell.
    Za - decent depth player.

That's 4 guys right there that are more experienced and probably better edge players than KC is at this point. Had they just left KC at edge, who knows? He may have done alright.

Chicago did the same thing with another Boise State product - Shea McClellin. He was a stud pass rusher and they drafted him and dropped him back to a weakside linebacker in their 4-3 and he stunk.
    I totally agree.

I keep going back to the types of superlatives they gave him after they drafted him. They didn't talk about how great they thought he'd be getting after the passer despite that being a primary role for him at Boise.

They repeatedly gushed about versatility...that's what they saw and visions of him moving all over the place had them going crazy with possibilities. I agree with you, you don't draft guys for versatility that high number one, and then you don't try and have them learning all these different positions they don't have experience with as a rookie either.

I didn't like the pick and I really didn't and don't like how they handled him once they got him here.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I totally agree.

I keep going back to the types of superlatives they gave him after they drafted him. They didn't talk about how great they thought he'd be getting after the passer despite that being a primary role for him at Boise.

They repeatedly gushed about versatility...that's what they saw and visions of him moving all over the place had them going crazy with possibilities. I agree with you, you don't draft guys for versatility that high number one, and then you don't try and have them learning all these different positions they don't have experience with as a rookie either.

I didn't like the pick and I really didn't and don't like how they handled him once they got him here.
    We knew it was coming when they started talking about “versatility” and then after OTAs pees confessed they threw too much at him at once and it stunted him.

Blog Entries

What a disappointment. And I'm not surprised. I never, never liked that pick with what was left on the board.

Meanwhile, Myles Jack is starting to blossom, Michael Thomas is on pace for a 100 catch season and to be fair another guy I really wanted, Noah Spence hasn't been able to stay healthy, but has played well when he has.

I will always think the staff tried to out think themselves with that pick.
    Riw, you and I are so on the same...

There were several better choices, but we had to trade down (twice!) to get Correa/Moore/Judon than to take a highly rated player. I just hope Judon excels because I have little hope for the other two... Bc

Blog Entries

then you don't try and have them learning all these different positions they don't have experience with as a rookie either.
    When do you then? if not right away, arent you just delaying the ultimate goal?

I dont have issue with playing him at OLB and ILB, if thats what they envisioned. IF they saw him as an ILB and had him outside to ease that transition, that was more of the mistake imo.

Kamalei has ability. Hes raw in a lot of ways and coaches always get enamored with a ball of putty. The same beef he had coming out, he still has, whcih is getting off blocks and not getting caught up in traffic. He needs to get stronger, he needs to work that technique, otherwise hes still that malleable ball of putty, imo.

For all we know Jack may only have a year or two left with his knee and KC could develop into the player they expected. Its rather early, 20 games, to claim either way. Id like to start seeing more progress than I am, no doubt, but until year 3 is over, you could go from bust to Jimmy Smith, just like that.
    -JAB