Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Provide a good narrative that portrays yourself reflecting the politics/government you support

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Free market typically nullifies the idea of "fair vs unfair" in terms of trade.

Country A trades with Country B for Product X, Y, and Z.
    Country C comes in and offers Country B the same Products X, Y, and Z, but for cheaper/better trade terms for Country B.
    Country B notifies Country A that they are terminating their existing trade agreements because they found a better option in Country C.
    Country A can either offer Country B an even better trade agreement, or potentially lose the trade altogether.

It's called competition. Competition not only keeps the market honest, but it keeps businesses and corporations honest as well.
    But it's unfair competition because not every countries standard of living is similar.

The goods from countries such as China for instance where the minimum wage is often less then a dollar you can't produce goods here at that cost. That isn't competition thats a takeover. We are allowing entire industries to be taken over not because they can produce goods better or they have a better product but because they can pay their workers less and therefore produce it cheaper.

Blog Entries

Re: Provide a good narrative that portrays yourself reflecting the politics/government you support

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    But it's unfair competition because not every countries standard of living is similar.

The goods from countries such as China for instance where the minimum wage is often less then a dollar you can't produce goods here at that cost. That isn't competition thats a takeover. We are allowing entire industries to be taken over not because they can produce goods better or they have a better product but because they can pay their workers less.
    We can’t account for other country’s culture.

In addition, one major reason why corporations take manufacturing jobs over seas is because of minimum wage. Corporate taxes are another big reason. It’s why Maryland has had a tough time luring businesses to established themselves in Maryland - it’s too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The goods from countries such as China for instance where the minimum wage is often less then a dollar you can't produce goods here at that cost. That isn't competition thats a takeover. We are allowing entire industries to be taken over not because they can produce goods better or they have a better product but because they can pay their workers less and therefore produce it cheaper.
    It's not unfair. You just don't like it.
    You also are not taking into account the consumer. It benefits the consumer greatly. So, the whole marketplace that purchases the product benefits. Think how much peolple like having iPhones and iPads. Made possible because it can be manufactured overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Basically, this is more of the emotional envy politics that are infecting the economy.

"I want what he has."

"He makes too much money, he should give us more and take less."

"He makes too much money, he must be screwing other people."

You're so right. There are thousands upon thousands of kids who are currently entering the workforce with that exact attitude.

Let me tell ya...they are a delight to work with

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    You're so right. There are thousands upon thousands of kids who are currently entering the workforce with that exact attitude.

Let me tell ya...they are a delight to work with
    I got one on my team. And he is always riding my nuts. You got all the good accounts, only cause you got on the team before me...

Right, we interviewed at the same time, they picked me OVER you (not just before). And the top accounts I have, were not the top accounts when I got them, far from it.

Learn to work, young buck.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I got one on my team. And he is always riding my nuts. You got all the good accounts, only cause you got on the team before me...

Right, we interviewed at the same time, they picked me OVER you (not just before). And the top accounts I have, were not the top accounts when I got them, far from it.

Learn to work, young buck.
    Seriously? Wow. That is unprofessional on the co-worker's part.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The problem isn't the minimum wage it's the millions of cheap labor they send every year to compete with Americans. A lot of it perfectly legal.

Another problem is the trade deals. None of them take into account the labor of these countries and their standard of living. Mexico minimum wage is less then half of it here. Doubling our minimum wage is not the solution.

The solution is to fight the source. Penalize countries who dump their consumer goods here commiserate with at the bare minimum what our minimum wage is. The solution isn't for McDonald and Walmart employees to make 15 dollars an hour it's for our construction workers to speak english be american. It's for our factories to make American go to any store whether it be target or elsewhere try to find some good that says made in America.

Realize that 50 years ago that more then half of everything consumed was made in america. Now we have record trade deficits it's not sustainable.
    You want to penalize other countries? You do realize that the concept of globalization was invented by US multinational companies, right? These companies are the ones who have sold out the American worker to increase their profits. Who do you think runs these companies? If they are to get access to foreign markets, then others will want access to our market in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Seriously? Wow. That is unprofessional on the co-worker's part.

He's 30/31. ON top of being an millennial, he's also a former athlete (D1 scholarship to VT for football) so there was a bit of an easier path paved some times for him. At the end of the day though, he's actually a really good due, just always giving me crap.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    He's 30/31. ON top of being an millennial, he's also a former athlete (D1 scholarship to VT for football) so there was a bit of an easier path paved some times for him. At the end of the day though, he's actually a really good due, just always giving me crap.
    I hate the fact that i fall into the age group of a millennial

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I hate the fact that i fall into the age group of a millennial
    That's fair. I feel that way sometimes as well.