Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

end of the anthem protests distraction is near

Roger Goodell says players should stand during anthem

Roger Goodell has told team owners in a Tuesday letter that he wants all players to stand during the anthem and that a proposed rule change would be discussed at next week’s league meeting.
    Add that to Jerry Jones & Steven Ross decisions to preclude player protests (at least on the field), Trumps tax threat, Pence's walkout, and sinking TV ratings costing the NFL multi-millions.

Expect to see the owners adopt a resolution at the next meeting. Hopefully, the players will cooperate with rules enforcement by coming to the realization that they are losing about 50% of NFL revenues being lost, and that their protest message has become lost in the controversy. Instead of gaining support, they have turned off millions of Americans via their disprectful behavior.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: end of the anthem protests distraction ii near

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Roger Goodell says players should stand during anthem

Add that to Jerry Jones & Steven Ross decisions to preclude player protests (at least on the field), Trumps tax threat, Pence's walkout, and sinking TV ratings costing the NFL multi-millions.

Expect to see the owners adopt a resolution at the next meeting. Hopefully, the players will cooperate with rules enforcement by coming to the realization that they are losing about 50% of NFL revenues being lost, and that their protest message has become lost in the controversy. Instead of gaining support, they have turned off millions of Americans via their disprectful behavior.
    I could see them just playing it before teams come out like in college.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Amazing how quickly things change when money is lost.

Glad to see Goodell stand up and do the right thing. 3 weeks too late, but...good nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I could see them just playing it before teams come out like in college.

Makes the most sense honestly

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Amazing how quickly things change when money is lost.

Glad to see Goodell stand up and do the right thing. 3 weeks too late, but...good nonetheless.

Lol. Not shocked. The "right thing" in America is often stumbled upon down a trail of money.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Re: end of the anthem protests distraction is near

I believe that eventually, the protesting would have put a dent in the players salaries as well. TV contracts are based on fan support, and if the networks see a decline in TV watching, they would lower their bids for the NFL once the contracts expire. A lower TV contract would affect the yearly rise of the salary cap, thus lowering players salaries in the long run.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Lol. Not shocked. The "right thing" in America is often stumbled upon down a trail of money.
    As with most of the world when it comes to a business. But I don't give a crap, I can now start to be interested in football again.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I believe that eventually, the protesting would have put a dent in the players salaries as well. TV contracts are based on fan support, and if the networks see a decline in TV watching, they would lower their bids for the NFL once the contracts expire. A lower TV contract would affect the yearly rise of the salary cap, thus lowering players salaries in the long run.
    Just like when players in the NBA are sitting out games, blew my mind, but I bet a lot of these players don't know where their money comes from..

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Nah what’s going to happen is the players are going to strike a few games. This won’t end well.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    As with most of the world when it comes to a business. But I don't give a crap, I can now start to be interested in football again.
    Screw the world. We're great, and we should be better then them--moral compass and all that.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

They should just stop playing it at games... If this bullshit by trump has raised any issue it is the pervasive culture of nationalism and racism alive in this country.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

The NFL is about to find out that black folk ain’t finning to be punked in 2017.