Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Do players know how to properly take care of their bodies?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    more like Meta Worldpeace
    LOL yeah that’s more accurate LOL

lol it wouldn't surprise if he is on the juice but this dude is an absolute animal in the gym.
    He works the grounds too. Plenty footage of him cutting grass at the practice facility. I guess that is his "zen."

I would like to think these athletes know better, i mean taking care of their body is an investment. Like you guys brought up, Harrison is a monster, i read somewhere he spends around 200k on his workout regime, supplements, diets, etc... I wouldn't rule out being on the juice for him, but the thing is you still have to bust your ass and put the work in. I did a cycle back when i got out of the Marines, mother of god....the amount of difference and i was even 100% committed.

Blog Entries

I think each guy does his own thing and the serious ones are more disciplined about their personal care, others go out and party all night.

Heard AJ Green interview yesterday and he is a guy who wants to play for a long time. He did an intense off season workout program in an old school gym.

Talked about the preciseness of route running, something that can keep him playing for years. He's had 1,000 yds a year every year except last when he was injured, and he got over 950 then. Still burns him that he didn't get 1000

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I don't know how much stretching you can do to prevent achilles injuries, ACL injuries, and broken bones. Aren't these the majority of Baltimore's injuries?

Matt Birk was big on stretching and he played well for years. Here is a great story from the Baltimore Ravens website from 2012.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...e-fbe3a40b8ac0

7. Re: Do players know how to properly take care of their bodies?

I wonder if they give their bodies enough chance to recover between practice, games, and workouts.

Blog Entries

There was a reality show on for a while about a gym outside of Detroit. It was famous for players and wannabe players going there in the offseason. The weather was terrible and there was no nightlife so the attraction was that the only thing to do was to focus on working out and health. They would get Richard Sherman, Ndamakuh Suh and a ton of others. It was interesting to see how focused these guys were in the offseason

Some injuries are preventable. Most muscle pulls are a result of muscle group imbalances. For example, I know lots of guys who will gladly work their quads but avoid hamstrings like the plague. Problem is, this creates a situation where one group is very powerful and another isn't. Thus hamstring pulls. Certain players get these with regularity, don't they Lardarius?

You can't condition away ligament pulls and tears. Tendons can be conditioned by stretching before activity.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Proper stretching plays a significant role in the prevention of injuries.
    Well that's pretty obvious to anybody who has taken a gym class since elementary school.

What we're seeing with this epidemic of achilles & knee injuries is the human body reaching it's physical limit. Players bodies' have more muscle and are putting on more torque than ever on their ligaments, but aside from magical stretching there's only so much those ligaments can do to hold it together. There's no way to strengthen those. Not to mention stretching isn't going to stop 300 pound lineman from falling down every play and potentially landing on someone's legs. The only thing that's going to help with the injuries while still keeping the athletic ability at the same level is going to be some sort of advanced bionics.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Well that's pretty obvious to anybody who has taken a gym class since elementary school.

What we're seeing with this epidemic of achilles & knee injuries is the human body reaching it's physical limit. Players bodies' have more muscle and are putting on more torque than ever on their ligaments, but aside from magical stretching there's only so much those ligaments can do to hold it together.
    This is spot on. The players are bigger, heavier and faster than ever before. The ligaments holding the joints and bones together were not designed to handle these stresses. Since you can't "build" these structures, the weakest link is failing more and more.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

have you seen James Harrison's workouts? I wanna train with him one day.
    Oh man he is a beast! His workout videos are pretty inspirational. I would love to train with him as well. Even although he is a Steeler, you've got to respect his work ethic and dedication to the game and his body. Fair play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk