Amidst a state of disagreement, there is one thing that Smoove recently mentioned that stood out to me. Something that I do agree with him on and have always agreed with him on. I will provide the quote for those who did not get a chance to read it:

"So I'm listening to the radio and they brought up something interesting they are brainstorming what the Ravens offense can do to jump start, they said Joe in the shotgun is the only way because this Oline is so bad and it seem like he got into a little bit of a rhythm in the 3rd qrtr against the steelers when they went shotgun but at the same time if they are having Joe throw that much that's not a recipe for success either (smh).

What really got me thinking though is when they said for what the ravens want to do with the power run game and MM scheme really makes no sense because it two vastly differently schemes which calls for vastly different players and different reads for the linemen it sounds like one bit ball of fucking confusion on offense....here we go again Harbaugh smh."

This, ladies and gentlemen is why we questioned the decision to bring Greg Roman in. Marty's variation of the west coast offense, is centered around large and athletic linemen who can get out in space, using zone blocking schemes. Through that, they position themselves for an array of screens. Then, when the defense is stretched wide, Marty likes to take his shots deep. John Harbaugh took away the very foundation of Marty's scheme, to bring in Roman. The issue wasn't that Marty doesn't know how to run the ball. The issue is that Marty doesn't like to. Find a better line coach than what Castillo is (He is not what he used to be apparently), and tell Marty to run it a little more. Instead, you bring in the guy who believes in it more, once again sacrificing symmetry, for what seems like the fifth time since he's been here. The inside trap blocking scheme has different principles at the point of attack, altogether, than the zone blocking scheme. Especially, when the zone stretches wide.