Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: Anyone else feeling almost total apathy and disinterest in the Ravens/NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I'm surprised he ever called in the first place. We've had some very good teams, but never really any valuable fantasy players that I remember. Maybe Testeverde if you didn't lose points for fumbles. Ray Rice and Jamal Lewis would probably be the only others.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Sounds like it's more daily fantasy and he would be looking for "sleeper" plays that would be cheap and that nobody else would know about so there would be low ownership. A good example would be Alex Collins the last couple of weeks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Just curious if I'm the only one, or if this is becoming more common? I've had season tickets since the first year of the team's existence back in 1996. I would say for the first 15 years or so I almost never missed a game. Then I started going slightly less over then few years. And in the last couple seasons even less. But this season I am going through an almost complete indifference to football in general and the Ravens in particular. I have tickets to five of the games this year, but honestly I don't particularly care if I go anymore or not. I'm considering giving my Bears ticket away next week if the weather is nice just to go to the beach instead - not for any particular reason, just because I'd rather hang out in OC than spend the day at the stadium. And I mean give away, not sell, that's how little I care. I've been through losing seasons before so that can't be the only cause. Yes the anthem business has something to do with it, but it's more than that. I can't put my finger on it but I'm simply beginning to not care much at all about the NFL. Kind of depressed thinking about it. Anyone sort of feeling the same way around here? Sorry to be a downer, but it's been on my mind lately. I was out of town last weekend and made nearly no effort to watch the game. Strange feeling - hope it changes...
    Yes, I do feel that way and it is because the Ravens have no one to get excited about and they are boring to watch. Our players are all meh! We don't have a star player that people want to pay money just to see. I've never been an "NFL" fan. I don't watch random games just for the hell of it. So, now that the Ravens lack excitement, I kind of don't care.

Blog Entries

Alex Collins is our whole offense let that sink in on this here fine Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Alex Collins is our whole offense let that sink in on this here fine Saturday morning.

Thank god for Mexico lol

I just spent an hour in YouTube watching video of the streets of Baltimore after the Mile High Miracle. That will make you feel better about football.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Hey Pill!: You know a day in our beloved OC beats a day at the stadium! (provided you avoid one of the latest rash of "takeover" events, like the H20 car fiasco last weekend.)

I have to admit, I'm feeling the same way, and this kneeling crap has definitely made it worse (see post I just launched about the pissed off Ravens fan). For instance, when the O's lost their first 33 (or whatever it was) games a while back, I was still wearing the colors and putting up with the abuse around here. You always stick with your team, but again, the politics have got to go.

I've posted this angle before and I'll repeat it, with apologies to anyone that's already remembered it:

Living in a loser football town like Cincitucky really makes you appreciate our Ravens, not matter how infuriating they are on the field. Imagine FIFTY consecutive years of continuous loser football, with 5, count 'em, FIVE playoff wins. To some extent, we've been spoiled; in our 20+ years, we have the #1 playoff win percentage of ANY NFL team, including Stoolers, Pats, etc. http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery...32-to-1-010617

And there were lean years after 2001, when no hope was in sight and before long, we were on top again.

I'm as pissed off and embarrassed as everyone else, but unlike the locals here, we Ravens fans have some great memories, 2 SB titles and easily a successful franchise when you look at the big picture.

Have also told this story about my Brother-in Law, and will repeat it. This guy is the biggest bengals fan in the world. Season tickets, goes to 4 or so away games, writes annual 30 page letters to Mike Brown, etc. He's also the most positive, upbeat guy I've ever met. I literally have never seen him angry or sad. But a month or so after our first SB win, he came in my mancave, looked around at all the championship stuff and I've never seen him this depressed, the look on his face was memorably dejected. He looked at me and said "I can't believe you got there before we did, and in only 5 years".

So hang in there if possible, if you need to vent; this is a great forum to do that, but as was said in Shawshank Redemption; "hope is a good thing"

And Pill, let me know when you're headed to OC; we can drink away our sorrows (and I might need to buy your tickets for the colts game if you end up selling :)
    Good points and good story TOW. Guess it does sort of put it in perspective. We are a spoiled fanbase for sure. We forget there are teams out there that have never even sniffed a championship and here we are with two in just over 20 years. My apathy is more towards the NFL in general vs simply the Ravens. Yeah I suppose if the Ravens were 4-0 or 3-1 but looking good I'd be a little more excited, but I just have to be honest and say the older I get the less important the NFL is to my life. Still enjoy football but the days of life/death bases on how they perform on Sunday are kinda gone. May start going to like 2 or 3 games a year next season, but no intention of selling my PSL's, at this point anyway.

I'll be back in OC the last weekend of Oct I think. They are having a craft beer festival down by the inlet. Let me know if you'll be down that weekend. Mrs. Pill was down there last weekend and said the H2Oi business was beyond bad. Everyone's having a fit over them now and trying to figure out a way to keep them out next year. I heard they were even floating the idea of inspections on the way in town so cars with illegal exhaust systems and things like that could be kept out. Kinda crazy, but they were THAT bad from everything I've heard.

...and if you are looking for tickets to that game I can definitely get you some. We have a good size group going to that one. You are welcome to join us for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    You're not alone. I still watch, but not like I used to. Glad I sold our PSL's. Rule changes, politics, disinterested team, etc., I'm not feeling it.
    Hey man. Yeah good timing on selling those PSL's. I bought two MORE a few seasons ago if you can believe that. Four in a row now. Couldn't pass up the chance to buy my neighbor's tickets. I don't expect to sell my PSL's unless I move completely out of the area. But selling several games a year is looking better and better.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Pill: Will text you OC dates; probably will be there the week of the 22nd so I can watch the game that day and also Thursday night with fellow Ravens sufferers at Mothers. Will also let you know about tickets. My daughter has never been to M&T and wants to "be with our people", so let me check her schedule; would probably be the irsay game.

And yes, OC is a mess and in need of drastic solutions. This pic of brunt rubber one block from our place really pissed me off:
    http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/new...-oi/728000001/

Oh well, I'm off to watch the Terps/OSU massacre

Blog Entries

Pill: Will text you OC dates; probably will be there the week of the 22nd so I can watch the game that day and also Thursday night with fellow Ravens sufferers at Mothers. Will also let you know about tickets. My daughter has never been to M&T and wants to "be with our people", so let me check her schedule; would probably be the irsay game.

And yes, OC is a mess and in need of drastic solutions. This pic of brunt rubber one block from our place really pissed me off:

How is Bengal Boy holding up?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

There's a chance we may be down that weekend. I'll let you know if we do. Do they get a decent number of Ravens fans at Mother's? Thought that was a Redskins joint? Went to Pit-N-Pub to watch the London game and it was TOTALLY PACKED with Ravens fans. Couldn't get a damn seat but I think I want to catch a game there this season - looks like a blast.

TTYL TOW

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

12. Re: Anyone else feeling almost total apathy and disinterest in the Ravens/NFL?

This is probably the hardest team to watch since the Ravens moved here and that's really saying something. It's not even the whole "ugly football" thing because I actually enjoy a good hard nosed defense combined with a physical grind-it-out offense like we had from 2008-2012. But that's not what we have now.....honestly I don't even know what we're supposed to be. We have no real identity on either side of the ball. Ask any random fan of the NFL "What is the Ravens most well known strength?" and it's probably our fucking kicker.

Win or lose I can barely stay awake watching this team. It's really demoralizing seeing this season over before it ever got started with the injuries combined with how the team was constructed. Mainly because we know Steve B. is going to blame it ALL on the injuries, give Harbaugh and Co. another year (minus the OC that will once again be scapegoated) and do it all over again. So not only are we stuck with this product for the rest of 2017 but all of 2018 as well before we see any real change in direction with this franchise. That doesn't get me excited to even tune into the TV channel let alone go to an actual game.

All of that isn't even taking into consideration all of the political grandstanding going on in the league which doesn't add anything to the viewing experience, no matter which side of the issue you're on.

If I were an owner of another team I'd be absolutely pissed at the Ravens for constructing such a boring to watch team and killing ratings/merchandise sales for the rest of the league's revenue sharing.