Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Anyone else feeling almost total apathy and disinterest in the Ravens/NFL?

Just curious if I'm the only one, or if this is becoming more common? I've had season tickets since the first year of the team's existence back in 1996. I would say for the first 15 years or so I almost never missed a game. Then I started going slightly less over then few years. And in the last couple seasons even less. But this season I am going through an almost complete indifference to football in general and the Ravens in particular. I have tickets to five of the games this year, but honestly I don't particularly care if I go anymore or not. I'm considering giving my Bears ticket away next week if the weather is nice just to go to the beach instead - not for any particular reason, just because I'd rather hang out in OC than spend the day at the stadium. And I mean give away, not sell, that's how little I care. I've been through losing seasons before so that can't be the only cause. Yes the anthem business has something to do with it, but it's more than that. I can't put my finger on it but I'm simply beginning to not care much at all about the NFL. Kind of depressed thinking about it. Anyone sort of feeling the same way around here? Sorry to be a downer, but it's been on my mind lately. I was out of town last weekend and made nearly no effort to watch the game. Strange feeling - hope it changes...

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone else feeling almost total apathy and disinterest in the Ravens/NFL?

the NFL is fun, I find myself watching other teams this year again, their offenses and schemes are fun, some of these teams are so fast plays are quickly happening...Ravens on the other hand? I am tired of that product

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    the NFL is fun, I find myself watching other teams this year again, their offenses and schemes are fun, some of these teams are so fast plays are quickly happening...Ravens on the other hand? I am tired of that product
    I was just saying this yesterday, Smoove. It's the Ravens, with their brand of football that I'm disinterested in. They haven't been fun to watch for years. The rest of the NFL is still good. Just saw Giants vs Bucs. That was a hell of a game. Good quarterback play on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Just curious if I'm the only one, or if this is becoming more common? I've had season tickets since the first year of the team's existence back in 1996. I would say for the first 15 years or so I almost never missed a game. Then I started going slightly less over then few years. And in the last couple seasons even less. But this season I am going through an almost complete indifference to football in general and the Ravens in particular. I have tickets to five of the games this year, but honestly I don't particularly care if I go anymore or not. I'm considering giving my Bears ticket away next week if the weather is nice just to go to the beach instead - not for any particular reason, just because I'd rather hang out in OC than spend the day at the stadium. And I mean give away, not sell, that's how little I care. I've been through losing seasons before so that can't be the only cause. Yes the anthem business has something to do with it, but it's more than that. I can't put my finger on it but I'm simply beginning to not care much at all about the NFL. Kind of depressed thinking about it. Anyone sort of feeling the same way around here? Sorry to be a downer, but it's been on my mind lately. I was out of town last weekend and made nearly no effort to watch the game. Strange feeling - hope it changes...
    baltimore has always been a fickle fan base.

I enjoy the NFL more than ever. There are some really fun teams. Watch the Chiefs, Redskins, Eagles, LA Rams. They are exciting to watch.

We play boring football. We always have. In the past we were successful. The playoff drought is making it hard to watch when you know ultimately the team is bad

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I was just saying this yesterday, Smoove. It's the Ravens, with their brand of football that I'm disinterested in. They haven't been fun to watch for years. The rest of the NFL is still good. Just saw Giants vs Bucs. That was a hell of a game. Good quarterback play on both sides.
    now last year Terp it was a bit saturated and a lot of bad offenses and coaching and bad games but this season seems different I am seeing a lot of young teams turning corner and their QB and offenses are fun to watch. I am seeing schemes and plays I haven't seen before and I've played and seen a lot of football. Tennessee is a team that is fun to watch, the Bucs are fun to watch, the Rams are now fun to watch, the broncos are fun to watch, the cheifs are tearing it up, even though SD is losing their ass off Phillip Rivers is tearing it up, NE is not as dominant this year, the AFC is so wide open so the NFL is fun right now...Ravens?? I don't know what we are doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Yep. Football, especially the NFL had a nice niche. People of all backgrounds cheering for their team. Ray and Ed's charisma and M&T was rocking. It was modern day Roman coliseum. But the owners arrogance and greed, CTE, and rule changes to help Tom Brady ruined football. Combine that with social issues and a polarizing blowhard in the White house and none of this seems important anymore.

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    the politics kind of made it uneasy for sure but the game itself have been fun this year, some of these young players who were kinda iffy are starting to turn the corner in the league and we are seeing future stars emerge.

Good points brought up. The Ravens brand of football (both boring and maddening at the same time) combined with the lack of charismatic playmakers on the Ravens probably has a lot to do with it. And certainly the NFL game itself has been hurt by the rule changes and trying to create more entertainment than competition. Political stuff for sure. Guess it's the perfect storm to some of us longtime Ravens fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    now last year Terp it was a bit saturated and a lot of bad offenses and coaching and bad games but this season seems different I am seeing a lot of young teams turning corner and their QB and offenses are fun to watch. I am seeing schemes and plays I haven't seen before and I've played and seen a lot of football. Tennessee is a team that is fun to watch, the Bucs are fun to watch, the Rams are now fun to watch, the broncos are fun to watch, the cheifs are tearing it up, even though SD is losing their ass off Phillip Rivers is tearing it up, NE is not as dominant this year, the AFC is so wide open so the NFL is fun right now...Ravens?? I don't know what we are doing.
    Rest of the league - Fun, exciting, evolving to get elite Athletes the ball in space.

Ravens - Mis mosh of players and scheme, all of which are very much old school and boring. Now we are losing ontop of it.

Its like watching the NBA and watching Golden State then going to watch the Ben Wallace/Rasheed Wallace Pistons. The league has transition to open and uptempo play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Rest of the league - Fun, exciting, evolving to get elite Athletes the ball in space.

Ravens - Mis mosh of players and scheme, all of which are very much old school and boring. Now we are losing ontop of it.

Its like watching the NBA and watching Golden State then going to watch the Ben Wallace/Rasheed Wallace Pistons. The league has transition to open and uptempo play.
    NE falling off a bit sure has made things a bit more exciting in the AFC for sure and it sucks because this would be the year the Ravens should capitalize??idk maybe they still can but I don't see it, not from the eye test.

50/50.

I've enjoyed the NFL more this year than in quite awhile...definitely more unpredictable.
    I'm having fun as a "fan of the game" watching TEN, LAR, KCC and PHI...especially the young QBs.

WRT the home team, I'm tired of banging the same drum.
    I have no faith in either coordinator or Harbs, and it's painful to watch a 10 year vet play like some QB that the Cleveland Browns over-drafted.
    Largely, I'm just looking for flashes of awareness and talent with the youngsters.

Our style of football, talent analysis, and roster management are pretty low on the fun meter for me.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    50/50.

I've enjoyed the NFL more this year than in quite awhile...definitely more unpredictable.
    I'm having fun as a "fan of the game" watching TEN, LAR, KCC and PHI...especially the young QBs.

WRT the home team, I'm tired of banging the same drum.
    I have no faith in either coordinator or Harbs, and it's painful to watch a 10 year vet play like some QB that the Cleveland Browns over-drafted.
    Largely, I'm just looking for flashes of awareness and talent with the youngsters.

Our style of football, talent analysis, and roster management are pretty low on the fun meter for me.
    yup perfectly said.

Yes I for one can say that. I used to tell people it was against my religion to work on sundays because my sundays were planned around the Ravens game. I would plan everything around the game, post pone plans etc... and it just doesn't have the same feel

4 weeks ago I started a PT job working every Saturday and sundays 2pm-10pm and I never in a million years would have thought I would have done that. Spending family time, watching the game, screaming at the TV last few years watching this train wreck of an offense but it was still my team and football.

I have spent more time lately watching other teams, and yes it makes our offense look just ridiculous every time we snap the ball. Its not even funny anymore.

I just would love to see a competent offense on the field for the first time since 2014. But I know that wont happen under this current regime.