Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The OFFICIAL Ravens @ Raiders Prediction Thread

Before I make my prediction... I'd like to apologize to the guy standing in the autograph line at the stadium holding a brown and white football. I don't usually engage fellow Ravens fans with negativity.. And by golly if you want to stand in that line for 6 hours to get Sam Koch's autograph on a football so you can sell it on eBay.. Have at it! Anyway.. I engaged in some douchebaggery and said some things I shouldn't have said. If you're reading this, my sincere apologies. We are all frustrated by this team and the politics of the NFL right now in general. Taking it out on a fellow fan.. Not cool.

Now...onto Oakland. The minute I realized that we would be facing E.J. Manuel instead of Carr, my mind raced back to the game where E.J. started for Buffalo and they beat us 4 years ago. I don't recall him having much impact on the game. Joe was awful that day and gave them a short field with I think 5 INT's and they ran the ball down our throats. I certainly don't expect Manuel to suddenly start slinging it all over the field Sunday. The Raiders will try to establish the run early. It will be interesting to see if anything will wake this team up and especially on defense maybe see a little glimpse or two of what we saw opening day and defenders flying to the ball and making plays? One can hope. We squeak out a W only because Carr isn't there to wing it to Cooper and Crabtree.

Ravens 16
    Raiders 13

*RUNNING TAB FOR 2017**

Week 1: Ravens 20 Bengals 0 (Correct Picks: NONE)
    Week 2: Ravens 24 Browns 10 (Correct Picks: GirlsKickButt, DonNMass, srobert96)
    Week 3: Jaguars 44 Ravens 7 (Correct Picks: NONE)
    Week 4: Steelers 26 Ravens 9 (Correct Picks: NONE)

My W/L pick record: 2-2

Blog Entries

Re: The OFFICIAL Ravens @ Raiders Prediction Thread

I'm thinking the defense slows down Manuel enough to create one of those back alleys brawls Harbs seems so fond of.

Ravens 17
    Raiders 13

Blog Entries

9-6 oak

I'm going to avoid a prediction this week so as to not be negative. From the product put on the field the past two weeks, I don't see how we beat any team.

What's sad is that this 16th ranked pass defense features the top CB tandem in the league according to PFF (depending on how you feel about them). Jimmy and Carr have been killing it, and Humphrey has been pretty good also. Yet.....16th ranked

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    I'm going to avoid a prediction this week so as to not be negative. From the product put on the field the past two weeks, I don't see how we beat any team.

What's sad is that this 16th ranked pass defense features the top CB tandem in the league according to PFF (depending on how you feel about them). Jimmy and Carr have been killing it, and Humphrey has been pretty good also. Yet.....16th ranked
    The JAX game blows up the defensive ranking. And it was the LB's and Safeties that sucked badly in that game. Webb hasn't played well the last two weeks either. I like what I've seen so far from our CB's. The rest of the defense needs to pick it up a notch.

I predict frustration...lots of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raiders 17
    Ravens 9

We get a few FG drives, probably off of turnovers, but don't find the end zone. Raiders score just enough to beat us as for some reason, the defense plays below it's capability again.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Raiders 24
    Ravens 13

Blog Entries

The Raiders are playing without Carr this weekend.

If the Ravens can't beat EJ Manuel, then this season is truly lost.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

My bold prediction of the week is Flacco gets sat down and Mallet brings some life to the offense.
    We lose the game by 10.
    They point at Flacco’s back for the reason he was not out there in the second half.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    My bold prediction of the week is Flacco gets sat down and Mallet brings some life to the offense.
    We lose the game by 10.
    They point at Flacco’s back for the reason he was not out there in the second half.

You basing that off how well Mallet played in preseason?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    You basing that off how well Mallet played in preseason?
    No it’s called a bold prediction. Am I not allowed to have that?