Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

If you knew this was the long term effect of a Super Bowl win, would you change anything?

Joe Flacco went on an insane run and we got a SB out of it. But since then he's fleeced the Ravens out of millions and eaten up a huge chunk of cap space each year. The team has been medicore with mediocre players every year since, except for 2014

If you knew that the SB came with the price of paying a QB 120 million to play like crap for the next 5 years while having the team fall off a cliff, would you still take it?

Re: If you knew this was the long term effect of a Super Bowl win, would you change anything?

Dumb question.

Blog Entries

Re: If you knew this was the long term effect of a Super Bowl win, would you change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Dumb question.
    No it isn't. It's a good question and it's one that I think a lot of us have considered.

The answer is no, a SB win is worth it. However, I absolutely believe that they have wasted too much time and the opportunity to get back and win another one with Flacco is incredibly narrow.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Of course. A superbowl trumps all

The biggest regret is flacco was good enough to get us another up until about 2 years ago. We really should have won a second

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No it isn't. It's a good question and it's one that I think a lot of us have considered.

The answer is no, a SB win is worth it. However, I absolutely believe that they have wasted too much time and the opportunity to get back and win another one with Flacco is incredibly narrow.
    No, I still think its a dumb question. I think people that ask it don't have a pulse of what teams in this league are doing.

You can spend a lot less and get a lot better play for a lot longer and STILL have never won anything. That list is a mile long.

Blog Entries

I don't think it had to be either, or. The FO and coaching have contributed to these past several years and I don't think it was related to a SB win and this group would be in the mess with or without the SB.

I'd take the Super Bowl win every time.

I doubt there's much chance that we even get back to the AFC Championship game with Flacco. He's eating too much cap space for a now mediocre QB, and we've missed on too many draft picks in recent years. Things can change in a hurry, but that's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Dumb question.
    Wanna fight me?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    Joe Flacco went on an insane run and we got a SB out of it. But since then he's fleeced the Ravens out of millions and eaten up a huge chunk of cap space each year. The team has been medicore with mediocre players every year since, except for 2014

If you knew that the SB came with the price of paying a QB 120 million to play like crap for the next 5 years while having the team fall off a cliff, would you still take it?
    pogo.jpg

Flacco and Harbaugh will forever be loved for that superbowl victory. It trumps all. We need to thank them one last time and move on if things don't improve though.

Also found it funny that my phone spell checked Harbaugh to "garbage".

We were in position to win back to back and potentially a 3 peat if it wasnt for some horrendous play outside of flacco....

Where we messed up is trying to Pay a Franchise QB and then neglecting to adequately build an offense around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    Wanna fight me?
    Good Christ. I rest my case.