Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: "10 Picks in 10 Games" as an Argument

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If you want to talk about "significant lack of understanding" just see games like last Sunday. Turnover in the red zone. Defense has to go right back out on the field with their heels in the end zone. Pitt scores and Ravens fans talk about how the defense sucks. What sucks is the turnover
    Sure. I dont disagree with you.

I think a lot of fans are upset with the defense because of the level of investment in the last few years...and the results are still iffy.

Turnovers deep in their own territory are almost insurmountable. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the defense give up a 10 min drive to start the game? They were fresh.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If you want to talk about "significant lack of understanding" just see games like last Sunday. Turnover in the red zone. Defense has to go right back out on the field with their heels in the end zone. Pitt scores and Ravens fans talk about how the defense sucks. What sucks is the turnover
    they both suck though honestly. This defense has been over rated for years. Nothing changes. We sign old Vets... we draft young *Superstars* and none of them are actually very good (and if they are they are hurt all the time). The defense folds every year.

The offense sucks, the defense sucks. Take the shades off and we're one of the worst teams in football and have been for a few years. The fact we were somehow competitive in some years is shocking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post

To me... that's the expectation. This idea that he's going to throw it 550-600 times and only throw like 10 INTs isn't realistic.
    No, it's not.

4. Re: "10 Picks in 10 Games" as an Argument

Flacco's regressed.
    Whether he's responsible for all or most of the 12 INTs in 10 games is splitting hairs.
    He's not the only issue but he's become one of the issues.
    And I fear he's no longer salvageable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Flacco's regressed.
    Whether he's responsible for all or most of the 12 INTs in 10 games is splitting hairs.
    He's not the only issue but he's become one of the issues.
    And I fear he's no longer salvageable.
    david carr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    david carr
    DCS

I don't think it's the fact that he's throwing one in each game, but when it actually occurs during the game. I don't remember every single one of them, nor do I even care to go back and take a look, but during the Steelers game, in the game thread, there were several posts saying "time for the o'l Flacco INT" when they were driving down the field in the 2nd half when they were right back in it. Then, it happened and pretty much sealed the deal for the Stoolers. Those are the ones that stick out to me, cause they are in position to still win the game, then the INT happens and it kills pretty much all of the momentum they gained.

You are right, you can't just use the INT's as the excuse as to why he's not a good QB, but you definitely can add it to the list of ones you agree are there. I don't think he deserves all the blame, not even close, but he has to share it, cause he is the one leading the Offense and making the dumb decisions to throw it in double and triple coverage. (We can all agree that it's mainly due to not having any time from the crappy ass Oline he has to work with)

Point being, there are MANY factors as to why the Offense is horrible, not just Flacco.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    DCS
    hm smh we had a good one I will always love Joe what he did for us in 2012.

The reason people are complaining about the defense is because of the very lengthy drives they've given up the last two weeks that were unrelated to offensive turnovers.

Against Jacksonville...
    9 plays, 58 yards, FG
    7 plays, 80 yards, TD
    9 plays, 66 yards, FG
    7 plays, 85 yards, TD

That's 4 drives over 50 yards (basically length of the field type drives) that resulted in 20 points allowed.

Steelers...
    16 plays, 84 yards (the first drive of the game, mind you), FG
    8 plays, 70 yards, TD
    11 plays, 53 yards, missed FG

In addition:

First two weeks:

4.9 YPP allowed, 4.0 YPC allowed, 25% 3rd+4th down conversions allowed, 10 takeaways, 8 sacks

Last two weeks:

5.6 YPP allowed, 4.4 YPC allowed, 41% 3rd+4th down conversions allowed, 1 takeaway, 1 sack

at least he is not fumbling anymore....

The offense is a joke, and Flacco is one key component to the crappy offense. Inexcusable decision making, especially continuing to throw off of his back foot. Time for a regime change.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    How many of those 10 interceptions were the cause of a receiver running the wrong route or, worse, the receiver tipping the pass up in the air and having it picked off by the opposition?
    Are you saying that stuff like that never happens to other QBs?