Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lardarius Webb

Lardarius Webb

They gotta get him off the field on third and long. He’s constantly giving up big plays out of the slot. He simply can’t run with the young guys anymore. I love Webb, he’s one of my favorite Ravens of the last 10 years or so, but he’s old and slow now. I love him as Safety depth, tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Lardarius Webb

he's fucking done

Blog Entries

Really missing Tavon Young right now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I think that was the plan before Canady got hurt. Right now they don't have a slot CB. They won't even use Humphrey in that role.

I thought he was done 2 years ago. Wasn't thrilled at all they brought him back, but some people here liked the move.

He's clearly lost quite a few steps. I like his smarts and he still likes to hit, but you need to be able to run at least a little in this league to play in a secondary and he just doesn't have it. Both his INT's this year have been gifts.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

If Tavon and/or Canady was healthy then Webb could be productive in a more limited role. However, relying on him too much is not the way to go... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If Tavon and/or Canady was healthy then Webb could be productive in a more limited role. However, relying on him too much is not the way to go.
    It's crazy how decimated we've been, at key yet unheralded spots. "Slot corner" and "guard" aren't going to headline the transactions list. But they're critical in today's game, and that's where we've been absolutely hammered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I thought he was done 2 years ago. Wasn't thrilled at all they brought him back, but some people here liked the move.

He's clearly lost quite a few steps. I like his smarts and he still likes to hit, but you need to be able to run at least a little in this league to play in a secondary and he just doesn't have it. Both his INT's this year have been gifts.
    I liked the move from a depth perspective. Webb played decently at safety. He's just not as quick as he once was to effectively cover slot receivers or bigger TE's.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I am pretty sure both of his INTs came on 3rd down. What about the sack against Ben? Not sure what down it was.

But yes he struggled to cover JuJu

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They've run a couple sets with Carr in the slot and Humphrey on the outside. I appreciate all Webb has given, and he's still a great tackler, but he's not explosive. I was hoping Jaylen Hill might get some snaps, but he's still banged up. From Harbaugh's comments, he'd like to see Hill on the field also.

It seems like the coaching staff sometimes sticks with the vets too long when the guys behind them are clearly more explosive. It's probably because they don't want the young guys making big mistakes, i.e.: the Collins fumble(s). Collins is clearly better than West, and that was obvious the first time he was on the field against the Browns. Yet he barely played until the Jags game was over.

Same thing true about Webb. Humphrey really should be on the field more as he's been one of their best defenders. But Smith and Carr have also been great. I'd prefer keeping those three guys on the field more often and using Webb to spell one of them when they are winded.

Off topic, it's nice seeing Humphrey getting love after an entire offseason of "wait until he gets burned, we should have drafted Howard".

On topic, I don't think we have a true slot corner that's healthy right now, which makes Webb the best available. Guys that have gotten used to using the sideline as help (Carr does this extremely well for example) can't just move into the slot with ease. Harbaugh will most likely put a healthy Jaylin Hill in the slot, but he has to get healthy first

Blog Entries

Said this a couple weeks ago after the Browns game. He looks to my untrained eye to be as bad now as he was at CB before they moved him to S. I said then and I'll say again, I'll be surprised if Hill isn't immediately taking over some if not all of the nickel duties when he's healthy.

He is solid depth at safety, I think with his physicality he could have been used like they are using Levine, but Levine seems to be pretty solid as the dime guy so I wouldn't change that. Webb just should definitely not be used as a CB any longer unless, as it is right now, they just have nobody else to do it.