Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Worst case scenario

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    worst case: harbs get canned, pees promoted to HC and he hires Hostler as OC
    bruh i would burn all my ravens shit and become a cowboy fan.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    That said theres a lot of recent success from 2nd/3rd round guys in this league right now so its also not inconceivable to go that route either smoove. Cousins, Carr, Wilson, Prescott. But I just think everyone should realize that if were picking that high then the Harbaugh/Flacco era will be over.
    Draft Barkley, sign Hundley in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    I am of the opinion that if you dont have a Qb then you dont have anything. If we are picking that high then we dont have a Qb.
    I understand what you are saying but I am more of the opinion that you can work with less than a Franchise QB with a competent O-Line. A Line can give you a valid run game and work on the development/weaknesses of a QB. Without an O-Line, you then need a Rodgers/Brady QB - and there are not a lot out there. Build the Lines (on both sides of the ball) and you have a competitive team.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Don't rule out a game changing pass rusher like JJ Watt or Khalil Mack with a top 10 draft pick. (ducks)

Even with all the investment in defense, the Ravens don't have a defensive player that scares the other team.
    We may have one but he could be getting neutered by Pees.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I think we got more than one right now but pees is still doing his shit.
    Last edited by Jsmoove; 10-03-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Not going to happen but I'd also take Barkley. My gut tells me he's going to the Browns
    I like Barkley and I'm a Nittany Lion. But I'd hesitate on Barkley. He has a lot of miles on his odometer. He seems to be getting nicked up more in every game (I've seen a few of them).
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Ravens won't be in a position to take Barkley unfortunately. The Ravens are going to end up 8-8. If the Ravens win this weekend they will go into bye at 6-3. Brutal 4 game schedule coming out of the bye where if they are looking they win 1. I don't see how this team does not end up with at least 8 wins if not 9. I don't think they are a good team by any stretch but the schedule is pretty weak. They get Oakland without Carr. Who knows if Mariota will be healthy when they play.

HATE to say this, but we have so many needs that our best move might be to trade a high #1 for a lower #1 and at least a solid #2 pick. We don't need an OlineMAN; we need OlineMEN. Howard is not a long-term answer, neither is Yanda. Jensen will be an FA. We need at LEAST one WR and an RB, and a TE . . .
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

This is true, I want to blow it up and start from scratch. I want to see what this defense would look like with a Wade Phillips coaching it.

Ravens won't be in a position to take Barkley unfortunately. The Ravens are going to end up 8-8. If the Ravens win this weekend they will go into bye at 6-3. Brutal 4 game schedule coming out of the bye where if they are looking they win 1. I don't see how this team does not end up with at least 8 wins if not 9. I don't think they are a good team by any stretch but the schedule is pretty weak. They get Oakland without Carr. Who knows if Mariota will be healthy when they play.
    @Oakland - Loss (no matter who's the QB)
    Chicago - Toss Up (Trubisky will make Flacco supporters shed tears)
    @Vikings - Loss (Vikings not great, but better than Ravens, especially at home)
    Miami - Win (Flacco vs. Cutler in battle of two has-beens)
    @Tennessee - Loss (See Vikings)
    @Green Bay - Loss (Do we even need to turn on the TV?)
    Texas - Loss - (Another rookie QB exposes the defense)
    Detroit - Loss (Stafford moves when necessary)
    @Pittsburgh - Loss (Fugly)
    @Cleveland - Toss Up (By this point, the Ravens may not care any more)
    Indianapolis - Toss Up (A battle between two horror shows)
    Cincinnati - Loss - (Bengals madder about their earlier loss than we are about winning)

So, tallying up the wreckage, we get a final record of something between 6-10 and 3-13.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    I like Barkley and I'm a Nittany Lion. But I'd hesitate on Barkley. He has a lot of miles on his odometer. He seems to be getting nicked up more in every game (I've seen a few of them).
    so did ray rice though, and LT. and AP

Penn state is ridiculous having him play in blow outs and on special teams...but its what I'd expect out of their program at this point tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by thetacker View Post
    @Oakland - Loss (no matter who's the QB)
    Chicago - Toss Up (Trubisky will make Flacco supporters shed tears)
    @Vikings - Loss (Vikings not great, but better than Ravens, especially at home)
    Miami - Win (Flacco vs. Cutler in battle of two has-beens)
    @Tennessee - Loss (See Vikings)
    @Green Bay - Loss (Do we even need to turn on the TV?)
    Texas - Loss - (Another rookie QB exposes the defense)
    Detroit - Loss (Stafford moves when necessary)
    @Pittsburgh - Loss (Fugly)
    @Cleveland - Toss Up (By this point, the Ravens may not care any more)
    Indianapolis - Toss Up (A battle between two horror shows)
    Cincinnati - Loss - (Bengals madder about their earlier loss than we are about winning)

So, tallying up the wreckage, we get a final record of something between 6-10 and 3-13.
    Pretty much like most of us were posting in the summer if you were around