Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Worst case scenario

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    HATE to say this, but we have so many needs that our best move might be to trade a high #1 for a lower #1 and at least a solid #2 pick. We don't need an OlineMAN; we need OlineMEN. Howard is not a long-term answer, neither is Yanda. Jensen will be an FA. We need at LEAST one WR and an RB, and a TE . . .
    Ranked from youngest to oldest teams, the Ravens rank 25th. Years of picking up old castoffs and making poor draft picks has come home to roost and will require years of repair, even if every move made, going forward, is a good one.

Blog Entries

If the Baltimore Ravens get the top pick in the draft, you trade that sumbitch. I want a first this year, second this year, first next year, second next year and two mid rounders between this year and next.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Not going to happen but I'd also take Barkley. My gut tells me he's going to the Browns
    Nah, the Browns "Moneyball" guys will trade the pick for multiple picks that they will screw up anyway... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If the Baltimore Ravens get the top pick in the draft, you trade that sumbitch. I want a first this year, second this year, first next year, second next year and two mid rounders between this year and next.
    I'm normally very opposed to trading down, especially given their "hauls" recently when doing so, but getting that kind of return for the pick, can't argue with it.

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by The Excellector
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm normally very opposed to trading down, especially given their "hauls" recently when doing so, but getting that kind of return for the pick, can't argue with it.
    The Ravens may stink this year (I picked 7 - 9), but in no way do I see us picking 1st in the 2018 draft. Have you guys heard of the Cleveland Browns? ... Bc

1. If we get the #1 pick, Harbaugh has been fired. There's no possible scenario where he keeps his job with a season bad enough to get the #1 pick, with or without a Joe injury.

2. IF there is a QB that you're absolutely in love with and feel he's going to be an All-World player for the next 10-15 years, you draft him. You'll likely never get this opportunity again, and you can't pass it up.

3. If there isn't said QB, then you look to trade back a couple spots. I wouldn't move out of the top 5, and I'd try to stay in the top 3, so you get a shot at Barkley.

You basically pray that the teams picking 2nd and 3rd both have "fuck me eyes" for the top 2 QBs in the draft, and the guy picking 3rd wants to get their guy so bad that they're willing to move up to #1 to get him. We won't get as big of a haul as we would moving down to like #10, but you can at least get another 1st rounder out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    worst case: harbs get canned, pees promoted to HC and he hires Hostler as OC
    Dude....you should have the crap slapped out of you for even saying that.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Perhaps picking in the top 5 is what this franchise needs to reboot it's self. We have a roster of a good number of *base line* players.... we now need to get a few elite game changers like we did in our early years with Ray, JO, sizzle etc

If Flacco goes down which is very likely behind that line, the Ravens may not win a game.for the rest of the season.

Completely opposed to trading down and picking up multiple picks because I just.dont trust the scouting department anymore. If the Ravens are picking that early and there is a potential franchise QB available they.take him. You never pass on a franchise QB.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Four guys I want. Barkley, Jackson, Allen, or Zeus Jr.

I'd trade out of the top pick or any really high pick and acquire multiple picks. The drafting emphasis would then be on rebuilding the awful offensive line and acquiring an offensive weapon..WR,RB, TE anything. Then draft a QB some year after the Oline is rebuilt and has some talented depth.

Blog Entries

Leach I want that avatar changed