Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Josh Woodrum is our future, people!

::drops the mic::

But seriously tho, i wouldn't mind getting him time in few weeks if things go really south. Just say Flacco's back reaggravated itself, put him on IR, trot Woodrum out there for a solid sample size either hoping he shows something, or that we tank towards getting a new QB.

Regardless of the tough factors around him, either Flacco's back is not right (and he's on the wrong side of 30 now) OR his head is not in the game, particularly after that missed training camp.

Just like Chris Redman, he's our future =)

Re: Josh Woodrum is our future, people!

I thought Chris Redman was the future.

Woodrums on the practice squad right now and if he really was the future I'd be hesitant to put him behind this garbage line.

But Woodrum showed some mobility in preseason, he might be able to at least roll out and make a play.

With the way the o-line is playing, Flacco will get hurt at some point and Woodrum will be promoted to the 53 man roster.

In all seriousness I was hoping you would have learned a lesson from the boller wars. The wright wars and the redman wars.

They ARE ALL BUMS. Woodrum is not going to come in riding a magnificent white steed and rescue the Ravens season.

Blog Entries

I don't think Woodrum has the arm strength to play in the NFL. Especially not in the cold weather cities in the AFC North.

Mildly serious QB, since I don't really know the answer... when was the last mildly good starting QB in the league that actually ever was on a Practice Squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't think Woodrum has the arm strength to play in the NFL. Especially not in the cold weather cities in the AFC North.
    He's got the arm strength for our playbook. Can he throw the ball 8 yards? That's a 9-route for our offense.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The future is :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dug-G9xVdVs

and here's how it will begin for GWNR and Goode :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzcWgtb1ERo

... Bc

10. Re: Josh Woodrum is our future, people!

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Mildly serious QB, since I don't really know the answer... when was the last mildly good starting QB in the league that actually ever was on a Practice Squad?
    Our favorite Raven backup, Marc Bulger (2000-2010), before that, Jake Delhomme (1997-2011) & Kurt Warner (1994-2009)

I thought it might be Tony Romo (2003-2016), but although undrafted, surprisingly he was never on the Cowboys practice squad.
    Last edited by PerpetuallyBored74; 10-03-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I wasn't sure about that either. These two scouting reports suggest otherwise:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...rum?id=2555398
    STRENGTHS ... Steps and drives his throws. Can put the ball on top of receivers with some pace. ... Has enough arm to operate in a more aggressive, vertical offense.
    BOTTOM LINE Woodrum has enough size and arm to get a scout's attention, but...
    http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/2016-n...-josh-woodrum/
    Strengths
    Woodrum displays the arm talent that is needed at the next level, with the ability to drive the football into narrow throwing windows with zip and precise ball-placement. He has the arm strength to execute throws to all levels of the field, and can deliver the deep out pattern from one hashmark to the opposite sideline, as well as the deep comeback routes with precision, timing, and velocity.
    Scheme Fit
    ... In my opinion, Woodrum displays the arm talent, velocity, and touch to thrive in a more downfield passing game, and would fit best in a Coryell / Arians style of offense.
    One- to Three-Year Projection
    Make no mistake, Woodrum is a developmental project at the next level, and one that I’m certain I am higher on than most evaluators of this class. He needs refinement to be sure, and a year or two to work out some of the flaws in his game and bring out the best elements of what he can do, which is thrive in the deeper passing game in a system better suited for his skill-set.
    That second guy has a lot more on Woodrum, breakdowns of different aspects linked at the bottom of his post.

In my opinion, what is interesting about Woodrum is that his game seems kind of the opposite of Joe's. His strengths are different. He moves well in the pocket, makes quick decisions, and is accurate in the short-to-mid-range game. He plays fast. I'd like to see what he could do with a year in the program: both the weight room and the QB film room.

In terms of him playing now – well for one thing, if Joe had to miss a few series or whatever, I'd a helluva lot rather see Woodrum in there than Mallett. But that ship has sailed. If Woodrum had been in the game this past Sunday, there would be plusses and minusses. I think Woodrum would not have missed that easy shot to Perriman for the wide-open TD. On the other hand, I doubt he would have been able to thread the needle on the TD to Wallace. And who the hell knows how he would have reacted to having Cameron Heyward in his lap all day.

Woodrum is not "ready", and he's a bit of a project in any case. But it's not silly to note that he's an intriguing prospect. Some of the things he did well in preseason, show up as "weaknesses" in the scouting reports, so he has clearly been developing his game. He was intriguing as HELL in the preseason. I'd be interested to see more.

Actually Woodrum kind of reminds me of a young Romo. Is that stupid?