Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Overlooked turning point in game

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreBirds View Post
    I felt like Wallace not bringing in that deep pass down the sideline was pretty deflating. A big play that rarely/never happens anymore for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This play and Collins' fumble.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

2. Re: Overlooked turning point in game

I don't get how they could overturn it. They need concrete evidence that the ball never crossed the live before his elbow was down and I don't think they had that. One angle you could tell, the other there was a player in the way at the very moment.

Re: Overlooked turning point in game

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    the idea that flacco has no playmakers is inccorrect. macklin, wallace, perriman and watson are more than adequate to enable an average quarterback succeed
    No they are not. The bomb to wallace and the missed td to perriman were not perfect throws by any means, but any good, any playmaker wide receivers catch both those passes.

Watch other games. Wide outs make ridicoulous catches of awful passes 2 or 3 times a game every week. If perriman even had a 10 inch vertical he catches that td and walks in. Wallace took fear of getting hit.

Heck watch the inteception by the Denver safety replacing ward. It was a better catch than any wideout on our squad in years

That game was over when the Steelers scored their first touchdown after the turnover.

Blog Entries

I said it in another thread but Alex Collins fumble was the bigger turning point, imo. right before half they go up 19-3 instead of 13-3. which means when we score coming out in the 3rd, it could have been 13-10 pretty early in the 3rd. thats a lot different than 19-9, 19-11 imo. took until the 2nd INT late to tack on that last TD that made the score more than the game actually was, so that means we would have been in a lot tighter game for the duration, rather than feeling we needed to make a comeback.

The reversal was probably an overlooked turning point because they were just getting some momentum and that seems to take the icing off the cake so to speak. The INTs that followed were more the final nails then those two points. I think they fought rather hard up until the last drive with only a minute or two left. they knew the game was over at that point. Those were the two moments id point to though as "what if" moments.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBALL View Post
    One big turning point in the game, imo, was the reversal on the 2 point conversion. Seemed like that hurt the momentum we had going. That left the Ravens needing 2 scores, and after that, the run game was pretty much out, and the Steelers knew it. That left an already inconsistent qb, without true playmakers, in a really tough spot.
    Just an observation...
    I got news for you, that was not the turning point in the game. This game was never a game, it was the Steelers controlling every aspect of it all day.
    Right before half time even the TV commentators were poking fun, saying Flacco has to try and get his WRS into the game.

What NFL team besides the Ravens plays 4 quarters of football every week where their WRS never get utilized?

Does Flacco have a decent WR core? absolutely not, he is surrounded by garbage
    Does he make every attempt to get them involved? No, he consisitently looks for the TE, or the RB checkdown.

He has zero confidence in any of them, did you see the game yesterday? Wallace dropped what was most likely an easy TD, Perriman dropped balls, Maclin dropped balls. Our WR core is HOT GARBAGE. Flat out awful.

Our Offensive scheme is a joke, our QB decision making, mechanics are all off.

But to make matters even worse our OLINE sucks and cant hold or cant block for either run or pass protection so every Snap Flacco is just waiting to get hit

BLAME THE FRONT OFFICE FOR THIS MESS.

Where are all the OZZIE APLOOGISTS THIS MORNING?

Blog Entries

Not sure how they overturned the 2pt conversion over unless they had a view we couldn't see. In any event, I thought the decision to go for two was bad at that point. There was plenty of time left in the game. They still had the opportunity for multiple possessions as the D seemed to settle down at that point. An extra point means they only need a TD and an FG (best kicker in the league) to take the lead.

The turning point or game ender was Flacco's 4th quarter int.

Blog Entries

You know what made me realize we still have a problem on this team yesterday? On that 3rd and 2 where Joe called the run, now before that play Marty ran onto the field and was talking to Joe before the play, Joe came back to the line of scrimmage and steelers saw the same play on the 2nd down (run up the middle) So steelers loaded the box, boom guess what the play on offense was? So you tell me JOE COULDN'T CHECK OUT OF THAT? And if he can't check out of that you telling Marty didn't see that as the OC??? EITHER WAY ON THIS CASE ON THIS SCENARIO WE GOTTA PROBLEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    You know what made me realize we still have a problem on this team yesterday? On that 3rd and 2 where Joe called the run, now before that play Marty ran onto the field and was talking to Joe before the play, Joe came back to the line of scrimmage and steelers saw the same play on the 2nd down (run up the middle) So steelers loaded the box, boom guess what the play on offense was? So you tell me JOE COULDN'T CHECK OUT OF THAT? And if he can't check out of that you telling Marty didn't see that as the OC??? EITHER WAY ON THIS CASE ON THIS SCENARIO WE GOTTA PROBLEM.
    I thought that was the real turning point as well smoove.... I saw the same formation roll out... (AFTER GETTING JOE IN THE GROOVE THROWING)... We get to 3rd down and play puss ball....

call the time out, come back with the SAME formation... You could see the steelers licking their lips.

Barbs, MM have no balls...they finally get joe in rhythm and then they puss out when pressure builds... THATS the Ravens Now.

And No I dont think Joe is allowed to audible really unless he is in hurry up...which is sad on Joe and the coach

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I thought that was the real turning point as well smoove.... I saw the same formation roll out... (AFTER GETTING JOE IN THE GROOVE THROWING)... We get to 3rd down and play puss ball....

call the time out, come back with the SAME formation... You could see the steelers licking their lips.

Barbs, MM have no balls...they finally get joe in rhythm and then they puss out when pressure builds... THATS the Ravens Now.

And No I dont think Joe is allowed to audible really unless he is in hurry up...which is sad on Joe and the coach
    lol we got problems bruh, big problems.

Blog Entries

we pass too much last year we bitch about passing on 3rd and short situations. now we run too much on the same ones? completely ignoring what the strengths of the offense are at the time. Its like as long as it fails, youre going to complain that it should have been the other. Its like some of you enjoy complaining more than cheering. after some of our wins, its still been complaining, but almost gleeful after a loss. I have no idea what that is about.
    -JAB

12. Re: Overlooked turning point in game

While there were others later on, the overlooked turning point was at the very beginning when the Steelers took the field.