Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Double Standard that is Joe Flacco and nobody has an answer

So Harbaugh says what he always says. We have the guys, We have the coaches and we have done it before, so we go back and work to be the best that we can be. Well, we have seen and heard the same shit for the last 3 years. Injuries, losing leads, not sustaining offensive drives, questionable draft picks where obvious needs are not addressed but nothing freaking changes.

Flacco goes back out there and does the same thing over and over again. Holds the ball, won't check out, throws terrible back foot slows, predetermines his throws and can't see the field. We blame receivers on dropping or not adjusting to catchable balls and Harbaugh can talk tough about benching alex collins for his fumbles, but Flacco remains untouchable. Flacco makes more mistakes than we know in terms of missing receivers and reads but nobody holds this man accountable. Maybe he is fragile and nobody wants to damage his psyche, He is never challenged, nobody has ever gotten in this man's face to tell him to get over himself and to dedicate himself to his craft. That is the elephant in the Ravens' living room along with coordinators who aren't worth a shit because if they were they would be a threat to Harbaugh.

Re: The Double Standard that is Joe Flacco and nobody has an answer

It's one thing if the players aren't making plays. It's another thing if a qb gets baited into bad decisions or hesitate to pull the trigger which is what the real problem is.

3. Re: The Double Standard that is Joe Flacco and nobody has an answer

Joe's damaged goods.
    They squandered his potential.

They don't know how to build a passing attack.
    I see WRs on the Steelers wide open for Ben.
    I see Joe having to thread the needle constantly to WRs who get tackled as they're catching the ball--no YAC. The only one getting open is Watson because he's the only one who understands how to operate in the soft spots of zones.
    When our guys finally do get open, half the time they drop or misjudge the ball.
    Then Joe finally throws the INT or 2 because he starts pressing, trying to do too much.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Joe's damaged goods.
    They squandered his potential.

They don't know how to build a passing attack.
    I see WRs on the Steelers wide open for Ben.
    I see Joe having to thread the needle constantly to WRs who get tackled as they're catching the ball--no YAC. The only one getting open is Watson because he's the only one who understands how to operate in the soft spots of zones.
    When our guys finally do get open, half the time they drop or misjudge the ball.
    Then Joe finally throws the INT or 2 because he starts pressing, trying to do too much.
    So much this. I think we David Carr'ed Joe Flacco. At least we got the ring with him before we killed him

Blog Entries

I believe that because they’ve been around each other for so long and have been successful in the past, Harbaugh is unable to objectively look at Flacco.

That’s one of the biggest, if not the biggest issue on the team right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Joe is damage products he is done physical mentally and emotionally he is just done! Ravens painted themselves in this corner now they have to look at it. We get the privilege of watching this shit show on Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I was saddened watching Flacco say I suck in the presser. He has no self confidence and certainly no confidence in the players around him. He’s a beaten man

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I still think a new coach with new vision could save him. It's clear he looks at the rush now he has zero confidence in the line. Jensen has suprised me Stanley is solid. The offense has looked like complete shit since Yanda went down

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I still think a new coach with new vision could save him. It's clear he looks at the rush now he has zero confidence in the line. Jensen has suprised me Stanley is solid. The offense has looked like complete shit since Yanda went down
    I expect the line to only get worse at this point.

At least give Flacco credit. He gets up there and admits he sucks.

Would we hear that from Harbaugh? Hell no.

The start of this thread sounds as if I wrote it, how many times have we heard last season we will run the ball more, that never happened.One of my main gripes with Harbaugh is he never adjusts or changes anything. Because he cant, he cant call his own scheme. For all the love he got when he first arrived here, the roster he inherited and the staff he first had hid his short comings as a coach.

Nothing is ever going to change with him as our head coach. There has never been any real improvement once this teams roster started turning over since 2013.
    I told you all then and your seeing it now.

They sure haven't done Joe any favors putting him behind a shitty line and having a weak running game behind him. The receivers are also so-so.

At this point, my fear is he's become Drew Bledsoe circa 2003/2004. He's not going anywhere for the next year or two at least due to the cap, so they better figure out a way to improve the offense around him. Do that, and he is probably still salvageable, IMO.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    They sure haven't done Joe any favors putting him behind a shitty line and having a weak running game behind him. The receivers are also so-so.

At this point, my fear is he's become Drew Bledsoe circa 2003/2004. He's not going anywhere for the next year or two at least due to the cap, so they better figure out a way to improve the offense around him. Do that, and he is probably still salvageable, IMO.
    Ozzies just going to double down on defense again.