Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Marty Mornhinweg got a raw deal.

Let's all have a pity party for Marty....Are you serious?

Plenty of teams have mediocre talent on offense or defense. Or they have a ton of injuries or maybe they have bad talent and injuries. These coaches are paid a ton of money to overcome and win despite these issues. They all know the deal and there are no shortage of candidates for these jobs.

The Rams with pretty much the same poor talent on offense are now ranked #1 this morning and the reason is coaching. Is this a great spot for an offensive coach? Hell no, but that's the damn job and there are those who will do a hell of a lot better than Marty has been able to with the same guys and same circumstances. No raw deal. This IS the deal in the NFL

He's a mediocre OC, his track record says as much. And the HC who has no idea what philosophy he wants and who can implement it best is responsible for having an OC in here who doesn't run a system that the personnel matches.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He's a mediocre OC, his track record says as much. And the HC who has no idea what philosophy he wants and who can implement it best is responsible for having an OC in here who doesn't run a system that the personnel matches.
    Mediocre coordinators (at best) and a coach with no direction or experience....combined with a whole lotta JAGS gets us where we are

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Let's all have a pity party for Marty....Are you serious?

Plenty of teams have mediocre talent on offense or defense. Or they have a ton of injuries or maybe they have bad talent and injuries. These coaches are paid a ton of money to overcome and win despite these issues. They all know the deal and there are no shortage of candidates for these jobs.

The Rams with pretty much the same poor talent on offense are now ranked #1 this morning and the reason is coaching. Is this a great spot for an offensive coach? Hell no, but that's the damn job and there are those who will do a hell of a lot better than Marty has been able to with the same guys and same circumstances. No raw deal. This IS the deal in the NFL
    thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    thank you.
    LOL watch Barbs put the blame on Joe, he gets cut and He stays along with Pees and MM... omfg I'd die

Blog Entries

I don't think the Rams talent is really bad. I think Jeff Fisher made it look bad.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

This version of the WCO works when you have Brian Westbrook and a QB like McNabb and a big play WR like TO. We have none of that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This. All of this.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This. All of this.
    draft/sign Hayward Bey clones , have a QB whos biggest upside was his willingness and ability to throw it deep....use slow heavy RBs, Have JAGS at TE

then put that all into a WCO.... like seriously WTF

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This version of the WCO works when you have Brian Westbrook and a QB like McNabb and a big play WR like TO. We have none of that.
    and we got neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    and we got neither.
    McNabb got a Raw Deal. He was a really underrated QB.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    McNabb got a Raw Deal. He was a really underrated QB.....
    Mcnabb never had receivers he had TO what 1 or 2 years besides that trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk