I know that many are frustrated with Marty's lack of scheming players open. We watch other teams play and see guys wide open and wonder why it rarely happens here. In order to do that in Marty's offense, and the vast majority of WCO variations, you needs WRs who can run good sharp routes and show some short area quickness. Not vertical WRs who round out their routes and are one dimensional. I do feel a little bad for Marty in that regard. Last year, Marty tried to get that sort of thing going and was roasted for not using Wallace and Perriman to their strengths. Then, he tried to play them to their strengths and there was no one underneath. This year, he's once again trying to use them to their strengths and the only underneath guy is Watson, who we'll be lucky to have for 16 games. Behind this offensive line, that ball has to come out fast before they can really start attacking down the field. You need guys who can react and maneuver quick enough and the Ravens just don't have it. He was never allowed to bring in his own coaching staff, he's now being asked to double as the QB coach at the same time and had Greg Roman forced upon him. It's hard for the man to even implement his offense's main staple, the versatile screen game, under someone else's blocking scheme. These are things that people didn't think about when we talked about too many cooks in the kitchen. Philadelphia was known as the best screen team in the league, but were very accustomed to the zone blocking and utilized that motion when spring Brian Westbrook. Now, you've got inside trap lineman and you can't run those screens as effectively. They aren't athletic enough and they don't understand the nuances of it. They aren't even getting a finger on these rushers, before releasing them to the QB to break out for the screens.

Marty is catching heat for Harbaugh and Ozzie's philosophy (With Bisciotti's backing). It would not surprise me in the least, as I said a week ago, if he was replaced by Roman soon. Much like Trestman, much of it wouldn't even be his fault.