Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Marty Mornhinweg got a raw deal.

I know that many are frustrated with Marty's lack of scheming players open. We watch other teams play and see guys wide open and wonder why it rarely happens here. In order to do that in Marty's offense, and the vast majority of WCO variations, you needs WRs who can run good sharp routes and show some short area quickness. Not vertical WRs who round out their routes and are one dimensional. I do feel a little bad for Marty in that regard. Last year, Marty tried to get that sort of thing going and was roasted for not using Wallace and Perriman to their strengths. Then, he tried to play them to their strengths and there was no one underneath. This year, he's once again trying to use them to their strengths and the only underneath guy is Watson, who we'll be lucky to have for 16 games. Behind this offensive line, that ball has to come out fast before they can really start attacking down the field. You need guys who can react and maneuver quick enough and the Ravens just don't have it. He was never allowed to bring in his own coaching staff, he's now being asked to double as the QB coach at the same time and had Greg Roman forced upon him. It's hard for the man to even implement his offense's main staple, the versatile screen game, under someone else's blocking scheme. These are things that people didn't think about when we talked about too many cooks in the kitchen. Philadelphia was known as the best screen team in the league, but were very accustomed to the zone blocking and utilized that motion when spring Brian Westbrook. Now, you've got inside trap lineman and you can't run those screens as effectively. They aren't athletic enough and they don't understand the nuances of it. They aren't even getting a finger on these rushers, before releasing them to the QB to break out for the screens.

Marty is catching heat for Harbaugh and Ozzie's philosophy (With Bisciotti's backing). It would not surprise me in the least, as I said a week ago, if he was replaced by Roman soon. Much like Trestman, much of it wouldn't even be his fault.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Marty Mornhinweg got a raw deal.

agree. raw deal = flacco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    agree. raw deal = flacco
    He got one too, but I'll save that for another thread that I will start at some point between today and tomorrow.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He got one too, but I'll save that for another thread that I will start at some point between today and tomorrow.
    We expect no less

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm sure Marty Mornhinweg's system can work. But it isn't ever going to work with the players we have here. He shouldn't have been brought in to begin with. That's on Harbaugh who insists on bringing in old tired retreads instead of something a little bit more innovative that fits the strengths of our personnel.

Blog Entries

You bring in Marty but you don't acquire people to fit his system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Re: Marty Mornhinweg got a raw deal.

We've said it before, but it bears repeating.
    There is a disconnect between our coaches and FO/scouts.

This offensive system works, but only if you have the proper personnel for it.
    Once again under Harbs, we have #squarepegmeetsroundhole
    Vertical receivers like the ones we have need extra time to get open running these WCO routes, extra time that they're not getting with our o-line, once again, in a shambles.

Are there any coordinators or position coaches that can run Kubiak's system? 2014 was the best Flacco and the offense ever looked besides the super bowl run. And that was with a washed up Owen Daniels at TE and Justin Forsett coming out of no where to have a pro bowl season.

Are there really no coaches out there that can run a Kubiak like playbook?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Are there any coordinators or position coaches that can run Kubiak's system? 2014 was the best Flacco and the offense ever looked besides the super bowl run. And that was with a washed up Owen Daniels at TE and Justin Forsett coming out of no where to have a pro bowl season.

Are there really no coaches out there that can run a Kubiak like playbook?
    Isn't the guy in Buffalo from Kubiak? Or you could hire someone of Shanahans tree. Or fuck it try and fire Mike Shanahan. He's only 65....have him bring a staff in and hire his OC in a few years when he's ready to retire

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Isn't the guy in Buffalo from Kubiak? Or you could hire someone of Shanahans tree. Or fuck it try and fire Mike Shanahan. He's only 65....have him bring a staff in and hire his OC in a few years when he's ready to retire

Yes Rick Dennison, he was the QB coach in 2014 when Kubiak was the OC.

Mike Shanahan, I don't if I would want him as the HC, and I don't think he has the energy to be an OC anymore.

I would bring in Shanahan as a consultant and let him assist in hiring new offensive coaching staff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Yes Rick Dennison, he was the QB coach in 2014 when Kubiak was the OC.

Mike Shanahan, I don't if I would want him as the HC, and I don't think he has the energy to be an OC anymore.

I would bring in Shanahan as a consultant and let him assist in hiring new offensive coaching staff.
    That's what I don't get that should have been who we hired to replace Kubiak not fucking Trestman to try and run something he has no idea about smfh

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    That's what I don't get that should have been who we hired to replace Kubiak not fucking Trestman to try and run something he has no idea about smfh

I think the problem there was Dennison wanted to go with Kubiak to the Broncos and be his OC.

At least that's what I hope it was because Harbaugh would have been fucking stupid to not want Dennison as the OC.