Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

What head coach would you want next season?

If this season continues like it is and Harbs gets fired. Assume we're picking in the top 10/5... you have to pick a HC a new DC and OC. Who would you want? Who is likely to be available and would you pick a QB in the 1st rd or give Flacco one more year to redeem himself before 2019 when we are actually able to cut him.

Blog Entries

Re: What head coach would you want next season?

No sense in changing who I've wanted for a couple years now. Josh McDaniels.

harbaugh, JIM

I don't think you get a new coach until it's realistic to move on from Flacco.

I find it very probable that any potential new coach would want the freedom to choose his own QB. Kind of like Jay Gruden chose Cousins over RGIII.

Blog Entries

Josh McDaniels is probably the sexy choice, but he's had other options and he's turned them down to stay in NE. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a similar agreement that DeCosta does with Bisciotti. (HC in waiting)

However, if we're poaching NE coaches, Matt Patricia wouldn't be a bad option. At least the defense could see an improvement.

I also like Harold Goodwin a lot. And if he came, he could bring Brentson Buckner, Byron Leftwich, etc. Goodwin would run a similar offense to that of Bruce Arians, which has always been a good system.

If John stays, they really need to try and coax Kubiak out of retirement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Jim Bob Cooter. He'll be the hottest offensive assistant in the NFL after this season. The Lions are 3-1 with beat to crap o-line and a mediocre group of running backs. Stafford has been great despite all this. That's JBC. This man will be a head coach next year so why not here?

Blog Entries

Nick Saban(wishful thinking but cant hurt to try)
    Josh McDaniels
    Gary Kubiak
    Whoever the Chiefs OC is

Blog Entries

I really like Matt Patricia too, but I also really think the team needs a modern offensive mind in the mix. If he can pull in a quality OC, that'd work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    I don't think you get a new coach until it's realistic to move on from Flacco.

I find it very probable that any potential new coach would want the freedom to choose his own QB. Kind of like Jay Gruden chose Cousins over RGIII.
    even with Flacco still here next season I just dont see how we go another draft without taking a QB

Especially considering this is supposedly a deep QB class

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jim Bob Cooter. He'll be the hottest offensive assistant in the NFL after this season. The Lions are 3-1 with beat to crap o-line and a mediocre group of running backs. Stafford has been great despite all this. That's JBC. This man will be a head coach next year so why not here?
    I would consider Jim Bob. McDaniels I would be weary of, ex-Belichick assitant coaches never pan out.

Blog Entries

My top two choices would be Harold Goodwin and Jim Bob Cooter. I would not select a QB in the first round unless I was convinced beyond belief that he was the be-all end-all prospect. I love Joe Flacco, but if you feel like you have a generational talent on your hands, you take that guy. I would build the offense around Joe and I think fans will be shocked to see exactly what he can still do.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'll second Jim Bob as HC/OC like McVay in LA.

I'd like to see if Chuck Pagano is willing to come back as DC. Might not be the same second time 'round, but there's a lot of young talent to work with.