Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Harbs has lost this team

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    There's a 120 million reasons why
    soft ass head COACH.

Blog Entries

were not playing against air out there and that was 2 exceptional plays by shazier. Ive been one of his bigger detractors in not thinking hes that special, but that one pick is something that LBs simply dont do, and the other was reading a pick play to perfection and having the wherewithal and athleticism to actually recover and go around it. both great plays by him, not necessarily mistakes by flacco. He had plenty of poor throws in that game to point to, but i wouldnt say either of those were poor decisions or poor throws.

to me thats kind of like the pass that goes off the WRs hands, its a stat for the QB none the less, but its lacking context.

Collins simply dropped the ball, and no coach is ok with those, especially a guy whose entire job is CARRYING the football.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    because he dropped the ball and Flacco was INTs twice by exceptional plays by the defense.

its a little different situation, even if I get your overall point.
    They were incredible plays by Shazier and Hilton. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. And it also doesn't account for the countless other interceptions Flacco has had over the years. I know a lot of the interceptions have been because of poor receiver play, but Flacco has had his fair share of turnovers that have been egregious. Where is Harbaugh's criticism of those?

It just seems shitty to completely dump on a young kid trying to make it happen. Collins was the only guy on offense yesterday that was capable of a big play.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They were incredible plays by Shazier and Hilton. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. And it also doesn't account for the countless other interceptions Flacco has had over the years. I know a lot of the interceptions have been because of poor receiver play, but Flacco has had his fair share of turnovers that have been egregious. Where is Harbaugh's criticism of those?

It just seems shitty to completely dump on a young kid trying to make it happen. Collins was the only guy on offense yesterday that was capable of a big play.

He's not going to call out his franchise QB. And what he said about Collins I didn't find that bad, he has to send a message. Is there something he said other than the quote below?

PS - Collins was the only guy on the team with heart yesterday. Played with pure passion.

“He’s not going to keep putting the ball on the ground,” Harbaugh said. “He won’t get any more opportunities [if he continues fumbling] – the leash isn’t going to be long on that. When you come in here and drop the ball however many times he has dropped it, I’m not going to tolerate it. I like him. He’s a good kid and he makes plays, but he has to hold onto the football.”

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He's not going to call out his franchise QB. And what he said about Collins I didn't find that bad, he has to send a message. Is there something he said other than the quote below?

PS - Collins was the only guy on the team with heart yesterday. Played with pure passion.

“He’s not going to keep putting the ball on the ground,” Harbaugh said. “He won’t get any more opportunities [if he continues fumbling] – the leash isn’t going to be long on that. When you come in here and drop the ball however many times he has dropped it, I’m not going to tolerate it. I like him. He’s a good kid and he makes plays, but he has to hold onto the football.”
    Yea, meaning, he wont get anymore opportunities. I dont know...he could have been super supportive there and really talked about how Collins was the only guy out there that was making plays.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

He should do the same with Joe, its not fair to say something in any light about the only player with heart out there and the one who's getting paid the most to keep making mistakes and not say a word about it. It wasn't bad what he said about Collins but he's telling him he can't keep fumbling while Joe is on his 10th career game with longest active INT streak, that's being a hypocrite if you ask me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

If were going back throughout, I believe he has been critical of Joe at times for his poor play. "you cant throw an interception there, joe knows that and he has to be better" thats not an exact quote, but i know hes said along those lines before, more than once. If you were looking for him to be critcial of joe yesterday, directly after the game without watching tape... that wasnt going to happen. His mistakes werent egregious enough for that, imo.

context is everything, and yes theyre still INTs, but im not saying dont make those throws if Im harbaugh because frankly those were both things we needed more of from our offense. pick plays and hitting the soft spots in zones.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 10-02-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

It seems to me that there are two approaches that coaches take. The first is the approach Harbs takes - you fumble and you are benched until you learn your lesson. The second is you will learn not to fumble, but you stay in the game and keep on learning.
    Turnovers can kill a team. They can also kill a players psyche. Flacco has said he needs to have a short term memory when it comes to turnovers. Shouldn't the hold true for a young running back (especially since he is providing the only spark on the field)? What kind of a message is sent to a young player, if they are threatened with limited playing time if they make a mistake, yet the veteran QB, the offensive leader, turns it over multiple times and gets a free pass? I mean, Harbs is the coach, so he'll coach in the way he feels is most effective. As an outsider looking in, I just don't see it being too effective. We can say that all the players are professional and if they can't handle it, then they need to find another profession. Fine. Yet if the system Harbs uses works, then why aren't we seeing success? How many running backs do we go through? We all know that Joe needs a solid running attack to take some of the pressure off of him, but the way I see it, the best opportunity to help Joe out is being stuck in the dog house.

Blog Entries

FWIW, he put Collins back out there after the fumble. he still believed in him and rewarded him for his strong running. thats an action, and says a lot more than a coach saying "dont fumble" after the game, which is rather obvious.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    FWIW, he put Collins back out there after the fumble. he still believed in him and rewarded him for his strong running. thats an action, and says a lot more than a coach saying "dont fumble" after the game, which is rather obvious.
    lol they had no choice he was the entire offense man, no one else was doing a thing but Collins and Watson, to bench him we wouldn't even had ac chance to get a TD.

Blog Entries

Remember when Rex said a couple years ago "let's see if Johnny can coach without Ray Lewis and Ed Reed"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Remember when Rex said a couple years ago "let's see if Johnny can coach without Ray Lewis and Ed Reed"
    He can't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk