Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It's the Division stupid (and the conference).

Pulling from an old political one liner.

Everything about the Ravens 2017 will boil down to the other 3 teams we compete against for a playoff spot. The AFCN is a bloody mess. Taking this Steelers game as an example, their fans have little faith they will beat us today. Read their forums if you don't believe this. I think in general we have little faith we can win as well. Then the other two division teams are playing to see who will be 1-3, or 0-4, a full quarter of the season gone.

What will make it interesting is if we can get enough injured players back later in the season. As bad as things look, at least the pathetic state of the division and conference as a whole can provide entertainment that could actually mean a playoff birth.

If Ben is really looking as its his last season and the Steelers D is pretending again, then who finishes on top? Not easy to answer, is it? Can the Bengals come back? Maybe, but not if the Browns win at home today. I think 0-4 burries them enough, but then again, I should conform to my own narrative, and say they still have a shot. A small win streak could pull any team back into this mess. Even if the Ravens go 3-1, they could still finish last IMO.

The wild and lousy AFCN. My hope is that the sheer weakness of the division gets us into postseason. Then Joe puts his playoff pants on. We often talk like there is some other (and good) ghost team lurking in the ACFN. Nope, it's just the 4 we all see.
    Last edited by alienstar; 10-01-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Re: It's the Division stupid (and the conference).

This team that played today doesn't win the division. They'd be lucky to come In 3rd. Better play calling and players making plays for a change, it can be done.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Re: It's the Division stupid.

Putting it into perspective. Fans of all teams are complaining about their on-field product in the AFC. The Chiefs, Broncos being the exceptions.

4. Re: It's the Division stupid.

Its the injuries, Pees, overdrafting defense, bad contracts, Pees, injuries, lack of offensive playmakers, QB regressing, injuries, Pees, inability to scout/develop pass catchers, the head coach being too loyal to Pees, injuries stupid.

Blog Entries

It’s over

The Cindy pooty cats will win this Division. What odds can I get? A 1-3 team with a quarter of the season gone should be fairly juicy.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It’s over
    It's over Johnny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    The Cindy pooty cats will win this Division. What odds can I get? A 1-3 team with a quarter of the season gone should be fairly juicy.
    That's not happening. The Steelers will win this one going away. They were without some good players yesterday but unlike us these guys aren't on IR. They're going to be back and the Steelers are going to steamroll this division. No other AFC North team with be within 3 games of them by the time it's over

This team needs a "Come to Jesus moment" ASAP or they're done. Honestly, barring some kind of miracle turnaround in Oakland they should probably clean house and I was a Harbs supporter up very recently. Something went off the rails very recently. Not Joe and the offense - they went off the rails quite some time ago. I'm talking team-wide and maybe part of it is the protest bit but there's something else brewing too.

10. Re: It's the Division stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It’s over

I mean just about every season the Ravens go through their "rock bottom" phase, where they seemingly are a bad football team that can't beat anybody. Even happened in 2012.

So, in theory, if their rock bottom phase is September/Early October, maybe that bodes well for late in the season.

Or maybe we don't win another game. Who the hell knows at this point.

Blog Entries

Winning the division, hell, when was the last time that even happened when the Ravens were at least average or mediocre?