Can the Ravens actually Run block?

Can they? Or has it been our opponents that we've been able to open up holes, especially given the make shift nature of the unit.

What does it look like going forward and can Alex Collins be a kind of Savior as the season progresses?

Blog Entries

Re: Can the Ravens actually Run block?

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    Can they? Or has it been our opponents that we've been able to open up holes, especially given the make shift nature of the unit.

What does it look like going forward and can Alex Collins be a kind of Savior as the season progresses?
    That's an interesting question. You really need to look at the post Yanda games since it's a different O-line without him.

The Raiders defense is ranked 25th against the run and the Ravens were able to run on them.

The Jaguars defense is ranked 31st against the run and the Ravens couldn't run on them.

The Steelers defense is ranked 28th against the run and the Ravens couldn't run on them.

So what does all that mean? To me it means the sample is too small to make a determination.

The Bears are ranked 13th against the run. If the Ravens can run effectively against them then we at least have some evidence that they can run block against a team in the top 3rd of the league in rush defense.

Thanks for those run rankings. Bears will be a test. And like the Steelers found out, I don't pencil in a W against the Bears.

Blog Entries

just added Bobby Rainey

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    just added Bobby Rainey
    Who got moved?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    Thanks for those run rankings. Bears will be a test. And like the Steelers found out, I don't pencil in a W against the Bears.
    I'm not taking a win over the Bears for granted, but if we can't beat them (in Baltimore) then let's just forget about the playoffs. IMO this is a game the Ravens need to win in order to keep our hopes alive... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Who got moved?
    from PFT :

"Rainey didn’t make the 53-man roster in early September, but he’s found his way back to Baltimore. The Ravens announced on Tuesday that they have signed Rainey and waived offensive lineman Dieugot Joseph."

... Bc

For some reason I was thinking this was in Chicago. Good god, yeah. This should damn well be a W.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!