Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Who is the bigger bust, Maxx or Perriman?

Never liked either, but the 1st rounder is always the bigger bust between two bad players. Though that draft hasn't produced much yet outside the top 20 besides David Johnson.

The more touted alternatives on this board to those two were Jaelen Strong (cut by the Texans), Philip Dorsett (nothing but a JAG), Byron Jones (meh), Randy Gregory (on his way out of the league), and Tyler Kroft (hasn't done much more than Williams).

The Ravens continue to pay for punting on WR in the 2014 draft, and will pay down the line for punting on TE in the 2017 draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Never liked either, but the 1st rounder is always the bigger bust between two bad players. Though that draft hasn't produced much yet outside the top 20 besides David Johnson.

The more touted alternatives on this board to those two were Jaelen Strong (cut by the Texans), Philip Dorsett (nothing but a JAG), Byron Jones (meh), Randy Gregory (on his way out of the league), and Tyler Kroft (hasn't done much more than Williams).

The Ravens continue to pay for punting on WR in the 2014 draft, and will pay down the line for punting on TE in the 2017 draft.
    How about Landon Collins? His name also came up a lot. Malcolm Brown a little but no one was pushing for a DT at that point. Devin Funchess was a popular pick too. He hasn't lit the world on fire but he's been okay.

Landon Collins is a good mention. IIRC, there was a lot of push back against the idea due to the draft capital spent on safety the previous two years.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think it wouldn't matter who we'd have drafted. We see Terrence Brooks go from clueless on the Ravens to AFC DPOW on the Jets. The whole coaching staff needs to be canned. With Clarence Brooks no longer on the staff (RIP), is there anyone on the staff that's had consistent success developing any position in Baltimore?

Landon Collins is a good mention. IIRC, there was a lot of push back against the idea due to the draft capital spent on safety the previous two years.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think it wouldn't matter who we'd have drafted. We see Terrence Brooks go from clueless on the Ravens to AFC DPOW on the Jets. The whole coaching staff needs to be canned. With Clarence Brooks no longer on the staff (RIP), is there anyone on the staff that's had consistent success developing any position in Baltimore?
    I think the issue may be coaching as well. We just don’t seem to be able to develop the receiver types.

It might be hindsight, but I would rather have Stephon Diggs (#146) than Breshad Perriman (#26) right now.

Terrance Brooks problems was always mental but how does Brooks recent success makes us forget about Brandon Williams, Jimmy Smith, CJ Mosley, Ladarius Webb, Zach Orr, Tavon Young , Pernell Mcphee and more in which this same coaching staff help developed. Just because Terrance Brooks didn't get with The Ravens doesn't mean it means The coaching staff have no clue how to develop players. It just could mean that now in Terrance Brooks fourth year in his career the game has slowed down .

Blog Entries

Terrence Brooks barely played. He's only had about 30 snaps the entire season. Luckily a couple of those plays were against Jay Cutler who handed a couple of gifts. Lets see if Brooks can get some more playing time and do something with it before thinking he's anything but a bust.

Man lowkey perriman is creeping up on Elam. Fuck Maxx lol

I'd say Maxx, but mainly because we've gotten more out of Perriman and I still think he can turn it around.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Sounds like we need a new GM

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Along with some new scouts and someone to manage the cap.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I'll go with Maxx. You can say that Perriman was a first round pick, but Maxx was drafted where he was supposed to be drafted. Perriman had no business going in the first round in the first place.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    Perriman's the higher pick so he's the bigger bust. Williams sucks too though.
    This is pretty much my thinking. Finally put an emphasis on offense in the 2015 draft and so far whiffed on 1st and 2nd round picks.

Boyle looks better than Maxx. And Watson coming off missing a season at age 36 looks way better. SMH