Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Flacco Upset with the Criticism

http://russellstreetreport.com/2017/...cco-defensive/

Flacco had his worst game since being drafted in the first round out of Delaware. He completed eight of 18 pass attempts for a career-worst 28 yards with two interceptions. Flacco finished with a quarterback rating of 12.0.

However, he said that clunker of a game does not define the offense.

“That is how it always is, especially when you win two games,” Flacco said. “We did what we had to do. Then, all of a sudden, when you go back and you lose one game and you did not play well, now you just lump those first two games in with that game and act like we have not played well at all when it is not really the truth. We played terrible last game. But the first two weeks, we were standing up here saying how it was not statistically the best performances, but it was what we needed to do to win a football game, and that is what this is all about.

“I think we are getting ahead of ourselves when we all of a sudden say we haven’t played well for three weeks. We played terribly last week. There is no way around that, but the other two weeks, we did what we had to do to win football games. I do not think that is anything that we can hang our head over.”

Flacco and the rest of the offense can quiet the critics with a victory over the Steelers. If history is any indication, it won’t be easy for either team. Twelve of the past 18 matchups between have been decided by three points or fewer.

In 17 career games against Pittsburgh, Flacco is 9-8 with 20 touchdowns and nine interceptions. His quarterback rating is 84.7.

The Ravens lost a heartbreaker in their previous game against the Steelers, when Antonio Brown stretched the ball over the goal line for the game-winning score with just nine seconds remaining. The Steelers clinched the 2016 AFC North title with that victory.

Flacco said the team is not thinking about that play anymore. The focus has been entirely on the latest showdown.

“It should be an awesome atmosphere, and these guys have a good football team,” Flacco said. “It is going to be awesome. I love when guys haven’t experienced it before and they get to go out there and experience it. It is all good, it does not matter what happened. I don’t think that fuels it, just because there is already enough motivation for us to go out there and kick some butt.”

Re: Flacco Upset with the Criticism

I feel like "upset" is exaggerating. He's being honest and is looking ahead.

But what do I know, as a member of the FWO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Joe flacco has 366 yards in 3 games....

Eli manning had 366 yards in week 3....

Case Keenum had 369 yards in week 3...

#Fluk-o-Facts

Blog Entries

STFU Joe! How bout you play better. You can't handle the heat step your game up!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I feel like "upset" is exaggerating. He's being honest and is looking ahead.

But what do I know, as a member of the FWO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The name of the article is Joe Flacco Goes on the Defensive. Between that and quotes he seems upset to me but I agree that is my interpretation and yours is just as valid

Good - Joe seems to play better when he's got that chip on his shoulder.

Blog Entries

I didn't think only 366 in 3 games was possible. DeShone Kizer has over 600 passing and ran for almost another 90. I mean it's Cleveland. Hogan racked up over 100 in the little time he was in.
    But Flacco might be close to 600 himself if Perriman could catch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Good - Joe seems to play better when he's got that chip on his shoulder.
    I was thinking the same thing. He needs that against the Steelers. Go prove all the doubters wrong Joe

So go out and do something about it, Joe. Sunday would be a good time to start.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    So go out and do something about it, Joe. Sunday would be a good time to start.
    esmd, that's my thought too. Hey Joe Flacco, throw a TD or three, beat the Steelers, then the criticism will die down... bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    esmd, that's my thought too. Hey Joe Flacco, throw a TD or three, beat the Steelers, then the criticism will die down... bc
    In fairness to Joe, it's not all on him. Our RB's are pedestrian at best with the possible exception of Collins, and our O-Line stinks right now due to injury. Hopefully they can get their shit together and give Joe some time to get the ball out. And when Joe gets time, he needs to do his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Aaron Rodgers is playing with 5 guards and he is shining, A real quarterback makes the players around him better. What the hell is Flacco?

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    You're comparing him to the best QB in the league, and a first ballot HOFer. WE all know Joe isn't Rodgers - and he doesn't have to be. He is what he is, a Top 10 QB in this league, on the level of guys like Eli Manning, Rivers, Carson Palmer, etc. Those guys can win you games, and can win a SB (or at least Eli can), but they aren't the kind of player that can elevate the entire offense all by themselves. They need the players around them to perform so that they can be at their best.