Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Done with Harbaugh

Welcome to the club Leach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I have somewhat been a bit of a Harbaugh apologist at times on this board. But after listening to his press conference where he basically sticks his fingers up to the UK and refuses to acknowledge the British ravens fan base for being there has put me right off him. It's not our fault you were part of the piss poor management coming over here Mate, the Jags had no problem with it.

Was great to see the great job the ravens media Did, and was great seeing Ray Lewis, JO, Reed and ssr making the trip over too. Just didn't like Harbaughs comments about the UK with lines like "we won't be back anytime soon".
    He just doesnt bring anything of value to the organization. He's a figurehead without any clear direction or expertise...

he'd be better as a college coach for a team like ND or Penn State that just wants to keep up an image of Old school loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I have somewhat been a bit of a Harbaugh apologist at times on this board. But after listening to his press conference where he basically sticks his fingers up to the UK and refuses to acknowledge the British ravens fan base for being there has put me right off him. It's not our fault you were part of the piss poor management coming over here Mate, the Jags had no problem with it.

Was great to see the great job the ravens media Did, and was great seeing Ray Lewis, JO, Reed and ssr making the trip over too. Just didn't like Harbaughs comments about the UK with lines like "we won't be back anytime soon".

I thought his comments were pretty crass too. There are many more football related reasons as to my complaints with Harbaugh but I think his comments really show his character level and shows why this team never seems to improve on anything lately. Listening to the crowd when game started they sure seemed to be in favor of the Ravens by a large number vs Jaguars fans. TO throw shade on that is pretty petty because he didn't prepare his team properly shows very poor character.

A real leader of men would have stood tall and taken the blame for what happened vs direct it to the circumstances they were put under.

I am not a big fan of the London games for any team but I don't blame geography for that Farce we were all witness too

You have to be realistic with your expectations. If this was high or school or college, or some teams are obviously head and shoulders above their competition (those big dynasties that go undefeated for 5 years in high school, or the University of Alabama comes to mind), they can go anywhere, under any circumstance and win pretty easily. But when you are taken out of your element, AND you're playing an NFL team, any small hiccup can hurt you. Even the mighty Patriots lose when they're out of their element. They've gotten crushed before early in the season. They still don't play well in the heat. They don't even play well on the road in the play-offs. So we don't play well overseas, I'm hoping that was the issue. Come to think of it, I think that we've always struggled in the PST and MST as well. I think that we've rarely had wins out there. Since the Jags do this every year, they're used to how this is done.

Look on the bright side, this counts as a road game. So we still have six home games left.

Did you happen to notice what Harbaugh was wearing at the press conference, kind of strange since it was close to 90 degrees yesterday. I wonder if he was told to wear it to calm things down.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    Did you happen to notice what Harbaugh was wearing at the press conference, kind of strange since it was close to 90 degrees yesterday. I wonder if he was told to wear it to calm things down.
    Not the correct thread

I didn't hear the press conference in question, but it's absurd to blame Sunday's shitshow entirely on geography. It was probably a factor, but not nearly as much as lack of preparedness. It was like the players were sleepwalking out there.

I said in another thread that I think Harbaugh would stay if the Ravens were to finish 8-8 this year. Biscotti likes Harbs, and after all, we're only three games into the season. But what I saw (and didn't see) on Sunday was concerning. If this team doesn't get back on track against Pittsburgh (by at least showing up and competing if not outright winning) I think Harbs' seat does start to warm up

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    If I am counting correctly, Harbaugh is now 3-5 in games played 3 or more time zones distant & has lost the last 3. More to the point IMO is that West Coast games are typically played at 4 PM Eastern time & the coaches & players have some familiarity with playing at that time; the Jags game was the first time they had played at 9:30 AM ET. That's the equivalent of a West Coast team playing in the Eastern time zone - & IIRC such teams historically underperform. Add in a significantly longer interval in the air, with the accompanying dehydration (cabin air is compressed outside air which at 30,000 feet has nearly no water vapor), & the loss of their best OLman & DLman just the week before, it's not surprising the team looked out of sorts.

That said, they might have worked up a better way to counter these factors - clearly whatever they tried didn't work at all,

Agreed.

Look, the Ravens before and during Harbs have been prone to lay eggs during the regular season at unexpected times. They also seem to bounce back from there. Lets remember that.

All coaches maybe besides Bellichick have their flaws. Harbs is no different. (and FYI, Belly has been caught cheating twice)

End game, Sunday sucked. But lets be careful going crazy over it. 2-1 going to play 2-1 at home. For 1st place in the division. Lets see what happens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Harbaugh is a good coach but the message is getting old. Good teams don’t just completely fall apart like we did. They just didn’t care and that’s a coaching issue
    Do you see that as I did with Billick's message? Perhaps Head Coaches, like those two, have limited shelf lives (?) At least they both won Super Bowls, but it pains me to post... maybe it is time to move on to another "voice." I hope Harbs and the Ravens team turn it around, but I am getting more wary as the post-Super Bowl years pass... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Do you see that as I did with Billick's message? Perhaps Head Coaches, like those two, have limited shelf lives (?) At least they both won Super Bowls, but it pains me to post... maybe it is time to move on to another "voice." I hope Harbs, and the Ravens team, turn it around, but I am getting more wary as the post-Super Bowl years pass... Bc
    When will you start to realize it might not be that players no longer hear him or he has lost his voice.

Maybe and its my opinion Harbaugh just isn't a very good X' & Os coach. We have the only coach in the league who cant call his own scheme if his hand was forced to do so much like Billick did when he fired Fassell.

Harbaughs biggest downfall has been his choices of assistants much like this year with Deallandro. Or how about Marty Morningwig or Trestman or Mattison in years past.

One thing you can never take away from Billick is his choices of coaches. He turned what 9 or 10 coaches in NFL and NCAA head coaches.

I think Harbaugh is credited with 1 that never was head coach before.

Ever notice what all the members of this forum constantly complain about??? Our coordinators yet Harbaugh has always gotten a pass. That I just don't get.

Blog Entries

Do you see that as I did with Billick's message? Perhaps Head Coaches, like those two, have limited shelf lives (?) At least they both won Super Bowls, but it pains me to post... maybe it is time to move on to another "voice." I hope Harbs and the Ravens team turn it around, but I am getting more wary as the post-Super Bowl years pass... Bc
    At the time I did not see it with Billick. 2006 was so good that I thought the problem in 2007 was caused by QB position falling apart. The players obviously felt differently. The result was a newly inspired team in 2008 that was ready to compete right away. In retrospect the players were right about Billick and I was not.

We need somebody with some fire and passion. Somebody aggressive. Doug Marrone looked like a straight savage on Sunday as did his team. The team takes on the personality of the coach and we are SOFT as a unit.