Page 244 of 589 FirstFirst ... 242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 2,917 to 2,928 of 7061

Re: Other Team Football News (Around the League v2)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I read that but I don't believe it. That's once in history and it was for a QB back when the tag numbers were a hell of a lot less. PFT said something similar when the Steelers tagged Bell last year. They're just reaching.
    Anything is possible. But the Dolphins currently have $8MM in cap space without factoring in Landry. So that franchise tag puts them $8MM over, and that's not factoring in rookie signing bonuses or anything else they'd like to do in FA.

Of their top six money guys (cap-hit wise,) the only one who is really cuttable is Tannehill. They could free up $15MM in letting him go, but of course then they don't have a QB. If they are planning to cut Tannehill and draft a QB at 11 (or trade up) then it makes sense to keep Landry at all costs. He would be a rookie QB's best friend.

But assuming they are keeping Tannehill, they would have to seriously clean house on their Oline (Ja'Wuan James and Mike Pouncey) and/or defense (Cameron Wake and Lawrence Timmons.) I can't see losing Wake, since he is your franchise. And I can't see losing both your C and your RT. Timmons is a no-brainer. Cut him and one of the two o-lineman and you've recouped $13MM of the $16MM for Landry. Kick the can down the road by restructuring Wake and you've got yourself back to even -- which in the Dolphins situation means they are still in cap jail. It just doesn't make any sense to have Landry playing for $16MM unless they are planning to move on from Tannehill.

It would be like us tagging Jensen at $1MM. It's not a bad move if you have cap space. But if you don't, it's suicide.
    Last edited by HotInHere; 02-21-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
    @RapSheet
    Follow Follow @RapSheet

#Eagles WR Alshon Jeffery had successful surgery this morning on a torn rotator cuff, sources say. He suffered it in training camp and played through it, somehow, on the way to a Super Bowl.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/966347233284317185
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Landry should sign his tag immediately. Otherwise I could see the dolphins trying to rescind the tag down the road. I am not sure they can or want to pay him 16m next year. It will also make him difficult to trade because of what you say about 16m being considered the floor. Jeffery's 4 year extension had about 15m in guarantees on it and Landry will get 16m just for next year. It seems to me that tagging Landry gives him all the leverage. Landry is not your traditional #1 receiver as he lines up in the slot. If he signs the tender I think the Dolphins are screwed.
    Totally agree...I'd 100% call their bluff if I were him an sign.

This just doesn't make a lot of sense to me by the Dolphins unless they are sure Landry will fetch a second round pick at least...otherwise, just let him go and grab your 3rd round comp pick next year.

I don't see a team giving up more than say a 5th for Landry AND have to pay him close to franchise level money.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    @RapSheet
    Follow Follow @RapSheet

#Eagles WR Alshon Jeffery had successful surgery this morning on a torn rotator cuff, sources say. He suffered it in training camp and played through it, somehow, on the way to a Super Bowl.

[redacted]

I'll be nice.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    @RapSheet
    Follow Follow @RapSheet

Hmmm, it didn't seem to have an effect his curve ball... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    [redacted]

I'll be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Hmmm, it didn't seem to have an effect his curve ball... Bc
    I feel like Im out of the loop on something
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Anything is possible. But the Dolphins currently have $8MM in cap space without factoring in Landry. So that franchise tag puts them $8MM over, and that's not factoring in rookie signing bonuses or anything else they'd like to do in FA.

Of their top six money guys (cap-hit wise,) the only one who is really cuttable is Tannehill. They could free up $15MM in letting him go, but of course then they don't have a QB. If they are planning to cut Tannehill and draft a QB at 11 (or trade up) then it makes sense to keep Landry at all costs. He would be a rookie QB's best friend.

But assuming they are keeping Tannehill, they would have to seriously clean house on their Oline (Ja'Wuan James and Mike Pouncey) and/or defense (Cameron Wake and Lawrence Timmons.) I can't see losing Wake, since he is your franchise. And I can't see losing both your C and your RT. Timmons is a no-brainer. Cut him and one of the two o-lineman and you've recouped $13MM of the $16MM for Landry. Kick the can down the road by restructuring Wake and you've got yourself back to even -- which in the Dolphins situation means they are still in cap jail. It just doesn't make any sense to have Landry playing for $16MM unless they are planning to move on from Tannehill.

It would be like us tagging Jensen at $1MM. It's not a bad move if you have cap space. But if you don't, it's suicide.
    You are making a lot of sense on this issue. It is incredible how stupid Tannenbaum is. The Dolphins do not have leverage in a trade. If they keep Landry, they are overpaying him for one year and cannot ever pay him a justifiable extension, with a floor of 16M p.a. Landry should sign instantly. No team should spend a 3rd rounder for Landry and have to pay an enormous salary and have to spend an enormous amount to extend him.

The Dolphins should have let Landry walk in order to collect the 3rd round comp next year. At their draft position, they could easily trade back in the 1st round and get Christian Kirk or DJ Moore or somebody else attractive for the slot.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Harbaugh looks like he should be holding an axe in the that pic and saying "Here's Johnny!" or make that "Here's continuity!".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    You are making a lot of sense on this issue. It is incredible how stupid Tannenbaum is. The Dolphins do not have leverage in a trade. If they keep Landry, they are overpaying him for one year and cannot ever pay him a justifiable extension, with a floor of 16M p.a. Landry should sign instantly. No team should spend a 3rd rounder for Landry and have to pay an enormous salary and have to spend an enormous amount to extend him.

The Dolphins should have let Landry walk in order to collect the 3rd round comp next year. At their draft position, they could easily trade back in the 1st round and get Christian Kirk or DJ Moore or somebody else attractive for the slot.
    I still think the Dolphins tagged Landry because they want to keep him. They'll try to work out a long term deal and if they can't they'll start cutting. Armando Seguero who covers the Dolphins for the Miami Herald has been writing since the playoffs that the Dolphins have some major cuts planned. The Ravens did something similar with Ray Rice and struck a deal minutes before the deadline.

Blog Entries

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 12m12 minutes agoMore

The #Chiefs and #Rams are finalizing a deal to trade CB Marcus Peters, sources confirmed (as @AdamSchefter said).

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    [COLOR=#14171A][FONT="]The #Chiefs and #Rams are finalizing a deal to trade CB Marcus Peters, sources confirmed (as @AdamSchefter said).
    I wonder if the Chiefs haven't been thinking about dumping Peters for a while now. He's a helluva player, but supposedly the organization and coaches in KC are fed up with his antics. And maybe that was part of the reason they insisted on getting Kendall Fuller as part of the Alex Smith trade?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I wonder if the Chiefs haven't been thinking about dumping Peters for a while now. He's a helluva player, but supposedly the organization and coaches in KC are fed up with his antics. And maybe that was part of the reason they insisted on getting Kendall Fuller as part of the Alex Smith trade?
    Could be. Fact remains he was probably their best defensive player the last couple of years and Smith was probably their best offensive player. Both traded before trades are allowed.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!