Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Maybe, but that will also be offset by the guy who leaves the stadium and then drives home and watches the game on TV, or goes to a local restaurant and does the same.

See its not enough to just walk out...
    That's if they do that. I don't know why anyone would leave a game only to go somewhere else to watch. If that's the case just stay.

I can say this, they're not getting my money from any of that. I turned off the game as soon as I saw the guys kneeling (and Ray's self-serving crying) and didn't turn on football all day.

If I come back to watch the NFL, it won't be till they stop their hypocrisy.

I hope Suggs gets a earful from the fans. He is crap now. Don't put his name on the stadium. Can't wait for Steve to walk off the field before the game. The tunnel is right in front of us and he is going to hear it. But Steve only cares about how many $$$$$ he is going to make.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    If I were an NFL player, and if I decided to kneel or lock arms, it would be because I love my country, but I think it's not as great as it could be, not to sh*t on anything or anyone. It's interesting how a lot of military and ex-military seem to understand that, but someone who got deferments for "heel spurs" doesn't.
    Except Keapernick was clear in his comments he doesn't love America and does not respect the flag. He feels both are oppressive. He also held up Fidel as some sort of standard so when you say America is not as great as it can be I would agree but I don't want his idea of freedom either.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 120 View View Post
    I hope Suggs gets a earful from the fans. He is crap now. Don't put his name on the stadium. Can't wait for Steve to walk off the field before the game. The tunnel is right in front of us and he is going to hear it. But Steve only cares about how many $$$$$ he is going to make.
    So the domestic assault of his wife (i.e., the bleach incident) was OK with you, but his peaceful protest and corresponding message (copied below) was a bridge too far?

Two things happen when you’re born. You are given your name and your nationality is established.

Hi, my name is Terrell Suggs and I am, and have always been, an American.

And I will always be an American. A proud one.

A lot of people don’t know this about me, but I am a history buff. The subject has always fascinated me and I remember the day I went to Washington, DC with my high school history group for the first time. I was so proud I got to see, up close and personal, proof of how powerful our great nation is and how far, as a country, we’ve come. I consumed everything and I went searching for the answers to the holes in the books regarding Black Americans and our history.

Like many Americans, I was raised to keep my politics personal even as it is something I discuss with my close family and friends on a regular basis.

Like many Americans, I support Americans exercising their American rights regardless if I believe in their cause or not. Peaceful protest has always been the most effective form of protest in our country as it can unify by starting the conversation.

Sports is another unifier in our country as a powerful show of something we have in common with other Americans. The conversation needs to continue so we can address the issues so many Americans live with daily.

The conversation from our top leadership is failing us. As an American, this is where I stand. We can’t trust the words from the top to represent us so we need to talk among ourselves and come together. You talk to me and I’ll talk to you.

Terrell Suggs
    Interesting where you draw lines.

I will be celebrating an NFL-Free Day this coming Sunday. I was out of town doing a college visit with my daughter anyway. I had planned to take her to a restaurant to watch the game. Now my plan is to completely ignore and avoid all things football-related on Sunday. The Ravens will be the last thing on my mind this weekend. Once folks start doing things other than watching football on Sunday the league will get the message.

Quote Originally Posted by frankpembleton View Post
    So the domestic assault of his wife (i.e., the bleach incident) was OK with you, but his peaceful protest and corresponding message (copied below) was a bridge too far? Interesting where you draw lines.

Millions of people died for our freedoms. This whole "protest" is an insult to them and every unifying symbol that this country stands for.

If I pay $100+ to attend an NFL game, and before every game...Terrell Suggs throws bleach on his girlfriend and the Ravens do nothing to stop it...I would not attend anymore games nor would I root for the Ravens anymore. If Ray Rice cold-cocked his wife before every game and the Ravens allowed it...same thing. Integrity is everything. I can't be complicit in this. I owe it to my father (veteran), my grandfather (veteran) and everyone else who sacrificed their lives for me to even be allowed to live the life I want to live.

I draw the line when the NFL brings anti-American politics into the sport I financially support. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Millions of people died for our freedoms. This whole "protest" is an insult to them and every unifying symbol that this country stands for.
    Are you one of the people who fought to defend the country? If not, why don't you stop talking for them and LISTEN TO THEM. Surprise, a lot of them don't agree with you and probably aren't happy about you trying to represent them.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Are you one of the people who fought to defend the country? If not, why don't you stop talking for them and LISTEN TO THEM. Surprise, a lot of them don't agree with you and probably aren't happy about you trying to represent them.
    Thank you for your kind words. Unity is very important when so much hate and vitriol is being spewed on television and online everyday. I appreciate your unifying commentary. It helps. It really does :)

I only know 5 people who served, and I was not courageous enough to make the sacrifice that my family and friends made. I feel I am "representing" their opinions well, and thank God I have the freedom to do so. My friends and family are proud that I support their cause. I always will.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Thank you for your kind words. Unity is very important when so much hate and vitriol is being spewed on television and online everyday. I appreciate your unifying commentary. It helps. It really does :)

I only know 5 people who served, and I was not courageous enough to make the sacrifice that my family and friends made. I feel I am "representing" their opinions well, and thank God I have the freedom to do so. My friends and family are proud that I support their cause. I always will.
    So, to be clear, you speak for 5 people, and that makes your words "unifying".

This is hilarious and sad at the same time. Do you speak for the Green Beret who suggested that Kaepernick kneel instead of sitting because it was more respectful? Do you speak for the many military and ex-military who've stated that they fought to defend the right to do EXACTLY what these players are doing?

No, you don't. So stop pretending. Armchair patriots are the worst.

Blog Entries

So, to be clear, you speak for 5 people, and that makes your words "unifying".

This is hilarious and sad at the same time. Do you speak for the Green Beret who suggested that Kaepernick kneel instead of sitting because it was more respectful? Do you speak for the many military and ex-military who've stated that they fought to defend the right to do EXACTLY what these players are doing?

No, you don't. So stop pretending. Armchair patriots are the worst.
    Damn dude. Why so much hate?

I didn't get that he was saying because he spoke to 5 people that made his worse unifying. Nor did I get that he was saying he knows 5 people who served he now speaks for all. Seriously relax a bit.

Here is from a friend of mine who served and his thoughts.

As a veteran FUCK THEM... really they need to have just held arms not kneel fuck that shit that is the most disrespectful thing any person can do. Show it in another way. I've lost brothers and sisters in war and I was one of the fortunate ones to come home they are the ones who made the ultimate sacrifice for them, they never had to lay there best friend to rest and watch their mother and father in so much freaking pain as their wife or husband holds their children. I've seen it and done it unfortunately. For over paid assholes to make that money and and live the so called all American dream. FUCK ANYONE who says differently.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Damn dude. Why so much hate?

I didn't get that he was saying because he spoke to 5 people that made his worse unifying. Nor did I get that he was saying he knows 5 people who served he now speaks for all. Seriously relax a bit.

Here is from a friend of mine who served and his thoughts.
    This is sad: "FUCK ANYONE who says differently."

Your friend has no clue about what he was sent to fight for. BTW, I'm expressing a contrary opinion; it's your friend who's expressing "so much hate".

Blog Entries

This is sad: "FUCK ANYONE who says differently."

Your friend has no clue about what he was sent to fight for. BTW, I'm expressing a contrary opinion; it's your friend who's expressing "so much hate".
    How do you know that?