Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Is Harbs safe with another 8-8 year

Harbs is in his 10th season. He's on the wrong side of the bell curve of HC tenure in the NFL. He is way too loyal to coordinators who aren't that good. His message is getting stale with this players, and especially with the fans. If he finishes 8-8 Bischiotti will have a tough decision to make.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Well in 2019 if they have a rookie or second year QB on the squad they want to go with they can cut flacco and the new QB's salary replaces Flaccos. Between the dead money and young QB's salary you'd still be at a lower cap hit for the year than keeping Joe on the roster. And then the next year youre free and clear of the contract forever. Or of course you can do post June cut and split it over 2019 and 2020, something that will depend on the makeup of the team but if youre going with a young QB I think its better to get it off the books in one year. That makes logical sense to me. But like I said, I'd rather see him turn it around and then we dont need to have the discussion.
    80 percent of the fan base has wanted to cut Joe since he was drafted. They still say he lucked into the greatest playoff performance of all time.

They all out cuz he had a horrible game. Just like every fame we lose even when the defense blows it like the past 2-3 years

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Billick at least made the playoffs more than once after the SB. Can't say that for Harbs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    80 percent of the fan base has wanted to cut Joe since he was drafted. They still say he lucked into the greatest playoff performance of all time.

They all out cuz he had a horrible game. Just like every fame we lose even when the defense blows it like the past 2-3 years

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Just want to make clear that I dont want to move on from Joe at all, yet. Last week was disheartening but I still want Joe to succeed for this team like he has in past. However if we don't make the playoffs this year I think it is clear that we need to start looking for a new future at QB, which is to basically say a new future for the organization. And Ive seen a lot of talk on this board that for better or worse we are stuck with Joe for the next three years, but that is objectively not true. We are undoubtedly tied to Flacco for one season after this. Then the Ravens have very heavy decisions to make, personally I hope its an easy decision to make because we just won the division and maybe made a Superbowl run.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    Billick at least made the playoffs more than once after the SB. Can't say that for Harbs.
    That's unfair. Harbs' Ravens made the playoffs five times in a row, culminating in a Super Bowl victory. OK, then another playoff appearance in the Kubiak (2014) season. I'm not defending Harbaugh's recent downturn, but at least give the man his props for what he initially did... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I've got to agree with Terps here. Get that new/modern offensive mind that can take advantage of today's rules. So what if he leaves in a couple of years, as long as there is an assistant to continue his system as long as it's successful... Bc
    I agree with him in essence, id honestly rather just give the keys to a younger guy instead of starting the carousel again. At this point, ill take what I can get