Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is Harbs safe with another 8-8 year

The ravens are 2-1 and in first place in the division, and we're discussing his demise?

I am writing yesterday off as a outlier because of where the game was played. If they lose to Pitt. in the same fashion this week, then would be a good time to start threads like this.

But just to play along, 8-8 gets him fired.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Next week will be the real indicator. If they follow-up their worst lost under Harbaugh ever with another stinker, than he truly has lost his touch.
    What a difference a week can make, right?

I've been chuckling as I've read through the posts in this thread. If we beat Pittsburgh, it all goes away. Until the next loss, that is.

A lot of fans were really psyched after the 2-0 start. And just the opposite feeling holds true after debacle in London. We're kinda bipolar about it.

As I see it, this team isn't as good as it appeared during the first two games. But it's not as bad as it appeared in London.

So decide for yourselves where exactly on the spectrum between the two extremes this team falls. Personally, I'm starting to wonder if this defense isn't too reliant on forcing turnovers. And if turnovers don't happen....

As to the original question, yes, I think Harbaugh is safe with an 8-8 record this year. Only way he gets canned this year is if somehow things completely implode and he loses the locker room.

Blog Entries

I don't really buy that Harbaugh not being a "coordinator type" has anything to do with, well, anything. It wasn't an issue when they were winning 10+ games a year, every year, with the likes of Cam Cameron and Greg Mattison, for the first five years of his career here. I will be the first to say Harbaugh has a ton of faults, but I don't really think that's one of them.

John should be relegated to organizing field trips.

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Not after this past weekend's field trip. lol

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    The ravens are 2-1 and in first place in the division, and we're discussing his demise?

I am writing yesterday off as a outlier because of where the game was played. If they lose to Pitt. in the same fashion this week, then would be a good time to start threads like this.

But just to play along, 8-8 gets him fired.
    That's true but I think most of us see the writing on the wall. We beat two BADDD teams and got smashed by a mediocre one. 7-9

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    That's true but I think most of us see the writing on the wall. We beat two BADDD teams and got smashed by a mediocre one. 7-9
    Yeah I don't know that I agree that the handwriting is on the wall just yet. I do believe that Harbs has to win this year. I earlier predicted a 9-7 season this year, which may or may not get the team to the playoffs. I believe that 8-8 gets him fired, but 9-7 may or may not. SB like Harbs but there is a bad trend developing and I don't see it continuing for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    100%. That said, if Joe starts all or most of the remaining 13 games, the team goes 8-8, Harbs returns, and we don't get any game-changing offensive talent in here by the end of April, I'll have a lot more free time going forward.

Minimal sustained overall improvement = fan purgatory, IMO, and watching a team w/o a single, premiere talent on offense is just about unbearable.
    m-e-d-i-o-c-r-a-t-y

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Yeah I don't know that I agree that the handwriting is on the wall just yet. I do believe that Harbs has to win this year. I earlier predicted a 9-7 season this year, which may or may not get the team to the playoffs. I believe that 8-8 gets him fired, but 9-7 may or may not. SB like Harbs but there is a bad trend developing and I don't see it continuing for too long.
    What makes you think this won't continue? Our offense looked worse in week three than it did in weeks 1 and 2, not better. So if anything, this trend of averaging 121 pass yards per game(worst in the NFL by 20 yards) will continue or get worse.

difference is billicks team had some talent, this team has no talent

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    What makes you think this won't continue? Our offense looked worse in week three than it did in weeks 1 and 2, not better. So if anything, this trend of averaging 121 pass yards per game(worst in the NFL by 20 yards) will continue or get worse.
    Well again I'm going let yesterday go assuming the stiller game goes better for us. And the trend I am referring to is about not making the playoffs. The passing yard production (or lack thereof) is part of an overall philosophy that they are committed to run the ball more. Whether that works out or not is still TBD.

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post