Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Is Harbs safe with another 8-8 year

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    As long as Flacco plays I think he needs a winning season to stay. The injury excuse only goes as far as the QB
    The big loss to Miami in 2007 was a major reason why Billick was fired. The Dolphins were winless and the Ravens just completely collapsed after that game. Billick had effectively lost the locker room.

I'm not sure if Harbaugh has lost the locker room, but getting your ass stomped in that fashion where your franchise $25mill/yr QB throws for less than 30 yards and gets pulled in the 4th quarter...? Doesn't look good.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    That's true but I think most of us see the writing on the wall. We beat two BADDD teams and got smashed by a mediocre one. 7-9
    Most seemed to have the team around the 8-8 mark at the beginning of the year. I still don't see why or how that changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if he goes 8-8

HE NEEDS TO GO

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I hear that a lot, Harbs and his strength's, but really what are they specifically and measurable.
    He's good at managing a group of players with divergent personalities and getting them to, almost without fail, play hard.

Look at the overall success they've had in the playoffs, and you can see he gets his teams ready to play in the toughest of environments. (Not always, as this past weekend attests.)

I think his main weakness is just not picking coordinators with great football minds, but instead guys he's comfortable working with.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstick View Post
    He's good at managing a group of players with divergent personalities and getting them to, almost without fail, play hard.

Look at the overall success they've had in the playoffs, and you can see he gets his teams ready to play in the toughest of environments. (Not always, as this past weekend attests.)

I think his main weakness is just not picking coordinators with great football minds, but instead guys he's comfortable working with.
    By that measure when was his last playoff appearance?

Blog Entries

John Harbaugh is Andy Reid, without the ability to coach his own offense, who happened to have a more clutch QB.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I hope not

I don't think you can win through the injuries. No team has the depth to win with 16 injured reserves and 2 retirements right before the season starts. The question has to be do you keep flacco with his post SB performance and massive cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    I don't think you can win through the injuries. No team has the depth to win with 16 injured reserves and 2 retirements right before the season starts. The question has to be do you keep flacco with his post SB performance and massive cap hit.
    You can ask the question all you want, but Joe isn't going anywhere for the next three years, it just isn't logical per the cap hits we would take. What we can do, is draft a Qb to challenge him and if a QB comes in and play better, Joe will sit, that simple.

If we turn out more performances like we did in London and we miss the playoffs (I think we will) I think he will be gone. Anything less than 8-8 I think hes gone .

10. Re: Is Harbs safe with another 8-8 year

I'm ready for a whole new regime. I've had enough of Harbaugh and Flacco. We've already got as far as we could with them. Pees and Marty are a couple of bums that just rode the coattails of good HC's and don't even deserve to be in coaching at an NFL level. Shit Ozzie too man....It's not 1996 anymore, stop drafting like it. Or at least just let him draft only the defensive players and stay the hell away from picking anyone on offense. Also keep his ass away from signing any kind of long term deals. I know we're 2-1 right now but this is shaping up to be a trainwreck of a season. Too many injuries, not enough talent and terrible coaching, this team is going nowhere.
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    You have to keep Flacco because of that massive cap hit. No team is going to create $30 million of dead money and have to find a replacement QB. It's just too much.

The next coach will be someone who will 'fix' Flacco. Some offensive guy like Mike McCoy or Harold Goodwin or maybe they go young again and hire Jim Bob Cooter who has done some pretty awesome things with the Lions and has a great name. Whoever it is Flacco will be the focus of why they're here.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You have to keep Flacco because of that massive cap hit. No team is going to create $30 million of dead money and have to find a replacement QB. It's just too much.

The next coach will be someone who will 'fix' Flacco. Some offensive guy like Mike McCoy or Harold Goodwin or maybe they go young again and hire Jim Bob Cooter who has done some pretty awesome things with the Lions and has a great name. Whoever it is Flacco will be the focus of why they're here.
    If we brought him in, I want a specialized jersey