Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Booze and women?

The behind the scenes lifestyles of athletes (even at college level) seems like the dirty laundry that rarely gets aired. We all know they have the access to such things. Free entry into clubs, etc.

I'd bet a nice chunk of change that a lot of these guys were out boozing and employing ladies, as for many of them it was their first trip to London.

This is the reality of sports we don't like to accept.

We think they are all studying hard watching film. True diehards like the fans.

In reality, most of them are probably fucking around.

To have such complete and utter failure in every phase of the game, can't just be due to jetlag or being outplayed.

I'd love to know how many guys were playing with a hangover.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Booze and women?

Players have a pretty strict curfew on other road trips. Why would this be any different?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Players have a pretty strict curfew on other road trips. Why would this be any different?
    Yeah they were probably all in church or something.

Blog Entries

This is what I am inferring

http://www.complex.com/sports/2011/0...roupie-secrets

Blog Entries

I just can't believe that losing B Williams results in giving up 44 points.

And I'll take 14 points off of the defense's ledger and put it in the offensive turn overs.

That's still 30 given up to Bortles and the JAGs. And Fournette didn't even hurt us too bad.

How else do you explain such a stark difference in performance?

Jetlag?

Just a "bad day"?

They couldn't tackle.

They couldn't get pressure.

How can you be so thoroughly unprepared?

LOL I don't think anybody doubts the existence of groupies.

I have no idea if partying was part of it, I'm sure they did spend some time having a good time, but it's' not like they had a lot of free time anyway.

I doubt that's the reason.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

So you think enough of the team was out partying (so to speak) to have that type of effect on the entire team?
    You think somebody like Joe Flacco was out with groupies drinking and getting laid by whores?
    Seriously??
    Could maybe a couple guys have gone all bat shit crazy over there?
    Sure...I suppose it's possible but like GOTA said....they pretty much have curfew, etc.
    They have team meetings in the evening, etc.
    How about maybe they just know the Browns and Bengals fairly well (had 7 months to prepare for the latter) and got skull fucked by a team that notoriously gives them trouble combined with the unusual travel and environment.
    Maybe just maybe this team is not as good as initially indicated by the first two weeks games?
    Certainly we all thought the offense would be questionable at best prior to the season starting.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

that was the fans

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    So you think enough of the team was out partying (so to speak) to have that type of effect on the entire team?
    You think somebody like Joe Flacco was out with groupies drinking and getting laid by whores?
    Seriously??
    Could maybe a couple guys have gone all bat shit crazy over there?
    Sure...I suppose it's possible but like GOTA said....they pretty much have curfew, etc.
    They have team meetings in the evening, etc.
    How about maybe they just know the Browns and Bengals fairly well (had 7 months to prepare for the latter) and got skull fucked by a team that notoriously gives them trouble combined with the unusual travel and environment.
    Maybe just maybe this team is not as good as initially indicated by the first two weeks games?
    Certainly we all thought the offense would be questionable at best prior to the season starting.
    I'm just trying to figure how pretty much every single one of our players lost their individual matchups.

How is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    The behind the scenes lifestyles of athletes (even at college level) seems like the dirty laundry that rarely gets aired. We all know they have the access to such things. Free entry into clubs, etc.

I'd bet a nice chunk of change that a lot of these guys were out boozing and employing ladies, as for many of them it was their first trip to London.

This is the reality of sports we don't like to accept.

We think they are all studying hard watching film. True diehards like the fans.

In reality, most of them are probably fucking around.

To have such complete and utter failure in every phase of the game, can't just be due to jetlag or being outplayed.

I'd love to know how many guys were playing with a hangover.

Hard to image in todays day and age. Camera phones, twitter etc are everywhere.

I know I couldnt get away with half of what we did in a rinky dink no name college today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Hard to image in todays day and age. Camera phones, twitter etc are everywhere.

I know I couldnt get away with half of what we did in a rinky dink no name college today
    Huh?

It is exactly because of cell phones that it is easier to find these girls (or vice versa)

McCoy once put out a party flier that said cell phones would be confiscated I believe

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I'm just trying to figure how pretty much every single one of our players lost their individual matchups.

How is that possible?

I understand.
    An ass beating like that certainly makes one question WTF happened but I really think it has to do with the latter part of my previous post.
    That and the injuries.
    Not like we haven't seen this type of thing out of this team before over the years.
    You throw in the injuries to key guys on both sides of the ball and it just magnifies the shitfest.
    And with this team it doesn't take but one or two key players going down.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!