Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The main thing about the ravens drafting philosophy I don't understand

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    do you think the issue is flacco and not the OC/HC/WRs/scheme etc.....its been the same thing every year lol
    Flacco needs to play better.... but he isnt running routes....he isnt drafting WR's that cant run NFL route trees either though..

Flacco doesnt fit this team at this point. He is a power QB stuck playing in a WCO hybrid.

He's best at throwing deep ( I know its hard to remember more than 1 year ago for the board). He's never been an overly accurate short thrower.

Our current system would be better suited with Chad pennington or Goff. An accurate QB asked to throw primarily short routes.

That doesnt mean they would have been successful if you pair a WCO with WR who cant run any routes for said offense.

do you think the issue is flacco and not the OC/HC/WRs/scheme etc.....its been the same thing every year lol
    I think it's a collective issue. Scheme is shit, harbs vision is shit, flaccos play is shit, and Ozzie's offensive drafts have been shit. But flacco is 100% a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Im one of his biggest supporters but this is just wrong. The defense was bad but the offense was one of the worst performances I've seen
    I actually buy Goode's theory, mostly because you actually have to look at expectations. I'd say its more like 50% defense, like 30% offense (with Joe getting a good chunk of that), and 20% coaching/gameplan

Has anybody actually bothered to sit down and ask themselves... what did you expect out of this offense on Sunday? How many points did you honestly expect them to score on their own? How did you expect them to score?

Did anybody take into account ALL of the obvious variables? You just lost your best lineman, and you don't really have any depth on the entire line. You're playing a very high level defense, that is young, fast, and great at pushing the pocket. You're on the road, in a different time zone, where Harbaugh's teams have notoriously struggled to score.

So what, exactly was the expectation for the offense on Sunday?

Conversely... what was the expectation for the defense? What I saw was a QB who struggles incredibly with accuracy, a severe lack of playmakers at WR and TE (missing their best WR), and a rookie RB going against a defense that typically stops the run exceptionally well.

So what were your expectations for the defense? How many points were they going to let up? How many yards? How many turnovers?

If you actually sit down and look at these things... I'd say the defense was significantly more disappointing. The offense did nothing (literally) for the entire game, and I get that. But Jacksonville also literally did every single thing they wanted on offense.

I mean even ask yourself this... if the defense just gave up HALF the points they did (22), do you think the Ravens would have won that game with even a normal offensive output? I certainly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post

I mean even ask yourself this... if the defense just gave up HALF the points they did (22), do you think the Ravens would have won that game with even a normal offensive output? I certainly don't.
    Yeah but if the defense is better than the offense has more chances to score.

But if the offense is better it keeps our defense off the field.

I know this sounds obvious but the offense couldnt get a first down and the defense couldn't stop giving them up so it just snowballed on both sides.

Blog Entries

2014? 2011?2012?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    I actually buy Goode's theory, mostly because you actually have to look at expectations. I'd say its more like 50% defense, like 30% offense (with Joe getting a good chunk of that), and 20% coaching/gameplan

Has anybody actually bothered to sit down and ask themselves... what did you expect out of this offense on Sunday? How many points did you honestly expect them to score on their own? How did you expect them to score?

Did anybody take into account ALL of the obvious variables? You just lost your best lineman, and you don't really have any depth on the entire line. You're playing a very high level defense, that is young, fast, and great at pushing the pocket. You're on the road, in a different time zone, where Harbaugh's teams have notoriously struggled to score.

So what, exactly was the expectation for the offense on Sunday?

Conversely... what was the expectation for the defense? What I saw was a QB who struggles incredibly with accuracy, a severe lack of playmakers at WR and TE (missing their best WR), and a rookie RB going against a defense that typically stops the run exceptionally well.

So what were your expectations for the defense? How many points were they going to let up? How many yards? How many turnovers?

If you actually sit down and look at these things... I'd say the defense was significantly more disappointing. The offense did nothing (literally) for the entire game, and I get that. But Jacksonville also literally did every single thing they wanted on offense.

Go back and look at the prediction thread everyone knew the offense was going to struggle. I think I had the game 9-6. Many others had very low score games as well. Letting Blake Bortles look like Dan Fucking Marino is all on the defense. You know what would help not make the defense tired? Getting three and outs. Dallas Cowboys defense did that last night. They set the offense up 3 TIMES in the opponents side of the field. Dallas did not get a first down until atleast mid way through the second qtr. with the best line in football Zeke Dez and Witten yet they weren't buried and down by three scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    My point on the 20% was because they were exhausted. They were on the field the entire game because this offense couldn't even get a 1st down.

How do you expect the defensive unit to hold up when they were practically running on and off the field. No time to rest or re coupe.

This offense is painful to watch. The worst in history of this franchise. possibly the worst I have ever witnessed for any team.

How is it we never have a WR who appears to be open?
    Exactly what the FWO has been saying all off-season. Few wanted to listen.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Exactly what the FWO has been saying all off-season. Few wanted to listen.
    Yeah I think you're right man. It's everybody's fault but flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    At the time the drafted Correa how were they supposed to know they would sign an undrafted free agent just as good? I understand they have found some really good undrafted defensive players in the past but can you count on that? Do you change your draft board because of that? I don't think you can.

My biggest issue is that they aren't scouting the Wide Receiver position correctly. It's been a flop for years but they still have the same scouts probably doing the same thing. When something doesn't work you don't stick with it forever. Scouts aren't part of the cap. Go hire some new ones who can do better at finding Wide Receivers. Go poach some guy from the Saints or Steelers. Those teams seem to know how find players at that position.
    Because they find UDFA ILB and interior defensive lineman every fucking year GOTA. You know how we say, "for whatever reason our front office can't identify WR talent".....it works the opposite way, "for whatever reason our front office can identify the interior line and ILB position".

I'm sorry, but why the fuck are we drafting an average ass small ILB from Boise State over Michael Thomas. Much less trading down when we could have drafted Myles Jack....instead we draft Kamalei Correa....are you serious? We could have drafted Sterling Shepard or Michael Thomas....but instead we drafted Kamalei Correa....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Nobody is saying that man. Geez. You know what, where were you this off-season, when we were acknowledging that Joe Flacco was not Aaron Rodgers and that they needed more investment in the offense for him to make it work, but that he wasn't some Hall of Fame GOAT who could make this work? Where were you then? Why do you show up now, and just assume that we haven't been saying these things for the longest of times.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Dude you're just missing the point. You genuinely believe that there are 31 other QBs out there that could have line up under center on Sunday and produced a different end result.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Nobody is saying that man. Geez. You know what, where were you this off-season, when we were acknowledging that Joe Flacco was not Aaron Rodgers and that they needed more investment in the offense for him to make it work, but that he wasn't some Hall of Fame GOAT who could make this work? Where were you then? Why do you show up now, and just assume that we haven't been saying these things for the longest of times.
    I've been around!! I was calling for Kap to push flacco and even made a thread about it in the offseason. You had your head so far up flaccos ass and were too busy posting WEIRD ASS threads worshipping him so you probably didn't see it.