Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Does anyone have a sneaky feeling that......................

Not crazy at all about Marty

Not at this point. They shit the bed Sunday because the couldn't run block or pass block (mostly). That's a result of playing backups at both G positions, IMO. Hopefully they get better. It wasn't like they didn't try to be balanced on Sunday, they've just got a weak interior line and average backs. One thing I would do is get Collins more involved, or even outright start him. He's dynamic, even though it wasn't much help on Sunday.

Moral of the story though, is I can't put Sunday on Marty. At least not on Marty any more than the rest of the coaches and players.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Very possible we could see Roman step in but nothing will change. The running game can't be turned from tuna to steak that quickly. We just don't have an impact player at the RB position and a line that simply not up to par.

i dont think it would be a good idea to fired Marty M. I wasnt able to watch yesterday game but its not a good idea to change offensive coordinators again.

5. Re: Does anyone have a sneaky feeling that......................

Well, since watching the Ravens the past couple of years is a lot like watching the movie Groundhog Day, I expect Marty to be fired in concert with a proclamation that we need to run the ball more. Roman will step-in, but he'll be "hamstrung" with Marty's plays, so we'll actually end up throwing the ball more after he takes over. We'll finish somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8, and at the State of the Ravens press conference, Steve will put everyone on the hot seat and allude to needs on the offensive side. Come April, we'll draft defense for the first 3-4 rounds, maybe with a guard sprinkled in, then will get that stud WR in the 6th round.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Marty is going to be fired at some point in the near future, in favor of Greg Roman, while Harbaugh declares that the team will become recommitted to running the ball and that, that was the real issue with the offense?
    Nope. You can't keep firing OCs mid-season. If Harbaugh makes it to next year then I could it happening in the offseason.

Another year, another scapegoat OC. Meanwhile Harbs and Pees sit in their ivory tower untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Nope. You can't keep firing OCs mid-season. If Harbaugh makes it to next year then I could it happening in the offseason.
    Mid season we fire them near the end of season (Cam Cameron) with a winning record!!

Blog Entries

Nope. Literally no chance IMO. If this season reaches the point where the OC needs to be fired, I think it's Harbaugh that will get fired. I don't see any way that Bisciotti so much as entertains the idea of firing yet another OC midway through the season. I think they are at the point where the guy making the decisions on the OCs will be held accountable for their failures.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Well, since watching the Ravens the past couple of years is a lot like watching the movie Groundhog Day, I expect Marty to be fired in concert with a proclamation that we need to run the ball more. Roman will step-in, but he'll be "hamstrung" with Marty's plays, so we'll actually end up throwing the ball more after he takes over. We'll finish somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8, and at the State of the Ravens press conference, Steve will put everyone on the hot seat and allude to needs on the offensive side. Come April, we'll draft defense for the first 3-4 rounds, maybe with a guard sprinkled in, then will get that stud WR in the 6th round.
    yeah a lot of this...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

My thought behind it, again, isn't so much about whether it would be right or wrong. Nor is it so much about whose fault the offensive failures would be, from a coaching standpoint.

Last year, Trestman was just allowed to implement his own scheme and didn't last four games. Marty came in, trying to go deep and realized that he didn't have the line to do it. He also realized that he didn't have the pieces to work the middle and shorter areas, in order to bring the safeties up. Firing Trestman, in my opinion, accomplished nothing last season. All we saw was Marty try to use Wallace and Perriman to supplement the lack of threats in the middle and shorter areas. Neither one of them could work the short-intermediate boundary very well.

Here we are now. Marty is in Trestman's shoes. Marty has now had the opportunity to implement his own scheme. Still, he wants to go deep, but doesn't have the line to do it. Nor does he have the pieces to truly take advantage of the short to intermediate. He has Watson, who can do his basic job, which seems like a lot to us Ravens fans (Much like it did with Pitta), because it's so rare around here. However, he is still aged, coming off of an injury and must be paced. Maclin can play some in the slot, but one reason why KC let him go was due to concerns over his injuries. We've seen him leave two games already. It's only slightly better. Plus, Marty has been forced to work Roman's run blocking scheme into things.

You bring in Roman, because you don't trust Marty to implement the rush offense you want. The rush offense you want to lead the way.

There are some parallels. I think you guys have a point in that Harbaugh likely can't afford to do it. However, if the offense continues to struggle he has to do something. You're already heading toward giving Collins carries over West. So, that's one change you won't be able to turn to. You could bench Flacco, but as bad as he looked Sunday we all know that would be conceding the season. The only other thing I could think of is...............
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I'd be surprised honestly. That would be the 3rd OC fired midseason by Harbaugh, and 2nd year in a row. He knows that would make it damn near impossible to hire a good OC ever again. Even if he doesn't recognize that, Ozzie and Steve do and I'm sure would counsel against it.

I don't think it's play calling that has been the issue, actually I think it's been decent.
    Agree here. If John fires another OC mid-season, I think he's sealing his own fate as a HC.

Which, depending on how the rest of the season goes, may be his fate anyway.

I personally want two new Coordinators with a bit more aggression. That's what I want. I also know that its virtually impossible to do without firing the HC, which I'm starting to lean towards me being OK with also.