Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Debate Over Whether this was the Worst Game in the 22 Year History

In terms of Stats, and simple disparity in yardage, this was the worst and it's not even close. I honestly do not remember the 1997 Steelers game as i was in grade-school at that time. But, it couldn't have been this bad.

at the end of the 3rd quarter, it was something like 375 total yards to 70 yards. 44-0 after 3 quarters.

Pure and utter blow-out the likes of which you almost never see in the NFL. And comprehensive as well. Literally, you couldn't point to even 1 good play by the Ravens after 3 quarters. Let alone 1 drive.

I'm with you Bhc.

Bum-ass Blake Bortles's 3 TDs to bum-ass Marcedes Lewis beat our prized 1st round and soon-to-be very rich LB, high-potential rookie 2nd round LB, and two high-priced, top o' the market safeties.

Joe: 8/18 for 28 and 0 TDs 2 INTs for a 12.0 rating.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Dropsalotaylor View Post
    I still think, even though we scored more in the game, 2005 in Detroit...aka the Meltdown In Mo-town...the game where Suggs was tossed for approaching Mike Carey with “Malice in his heart” was the single most painful game I have watched. BJ Ward got tossed for something Ed did...don’t remember what. We lost 35-17 but has 18 penalties. Billick lost total control of the team that day. I think it was so bad, most of us have suppressed the memory. I still hate Mike Carey just for that game. If was such obvious officiating bias it was disgusting.
    This could have been the ugliest in Billick's tenure and a close second, but I would still have to vote for the "Bortle's bombing in London" as our worst defeat ever.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dropsalotaylor View Post
    I still think, even though we scored more in the game, 2005 in Detroit...aka the Meltdown In Mo-town...the game where Suggs was tossed for approaching Mike Carey with “Malice in his heart” was the single most painful game I have watched. BJ Ward got tossed for something Ed did...don’t remember what. We lost 35-17 but has 18 penalties. Billick lost total control of the team that day. I think it was so bad, most of us have suppressed the memory. I still hate Mike Carey just for that game. If was such obvious officiating bias it was disgusting.
    Lord have mercy yes I remember that indeed that is still the worse game to date that game was a total loss of control that did not happen yesterday these guys just said fuck it they quit but there was still control of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 1998 home loss to the Jaguars is the worst to me

Not just because the team played so poorly but because with that performance was the realization that Marchibroda and staff were not going to turn things around. The prior two and a half years suddenly seemed like nothing more than wheel spinning, and the future was an unknown.

Yesterday's loss was just that: yesterady's loss. I still have hope for the season and the franchise. That's something I didn't have when looking into that 42-13 halftime abyss in 1998

I've seen all the bad ones and to me, this is the worst. I always thought the 35-8 Stoney Case shitfest in 1999 was the standard-bearer, but this one obliterated that.

I've not seen a meeker lay-down ever. The PIT Monday night game in 2007 was up there but those cornerbacks should never have been on an NFL team; it wasn't a fair fight. In this one, our high priced guns were all active and sleepwalking.

And Flacco looked like he was playing the '85 Bears. I mean, -4 yards passing at halftime?

So yeah, this was bad. Real bad. Probably the worst. And I got to witness it in person.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Question: Do many of you consider this the worst because of the fact that the opponents were the Jags? If so, keep in mind that they are tied for first in the AFC South at this moment, and Tennessee seems to be their only threat at the moment.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Debate Over Whether this was the Worst Game in the 22 Year History

Quote Originally Posted by jcn35 View Post
    Question: Do many of you consider this the worst because of the fact that the opponents were the Jags? If so, keep in mind that they are tied for first in the AFC South at this moment, and Tennessee seems to be their only threat at the moment.
    Are you kidding? OK, so they're 2 - 1. Do you realize they were 3 - 13 in 2016? AND their last season over .500 was 2007! ... Bc

One more question, do you find this loss even worse that the Falcons Superbowl loss, even though those two losses were extremely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Coram_Nobis View Post
    The 1998 home loss to the Jaguars is the worst to me

Not just because the team played so poorly but because with that performance was the realization that Marchibroda and staff were not going to turn things around. The prior two and a half years suddenly seemed like nothing more than wheel spinning, and the future was an unknown.

Yesterday's loss was just that: yesterady's loss. I still have hope for the season and the franchise. That's something I didn't have when looking into that 42-13 halftime abyss in 1998
    That game was probably the worst 42-7 at one point before halftime, Jax had a very good team back then, but still no excuse for that beat down. The stadium was half empty by the start of third quarter. For some reason we do not play well against them!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcn35 View Post
    One more question, do you find this loss even worse that the Falcons Superbowl loss, even though those two losses were extremely different.
    That's a tough one. Super bowl or not I'd rather have a comeback loss. Getting blown out like that just Idk. Shits different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    That's a tough one. Super bowl or not I'd rather have a comeback loss. Getting blown out like that just Idk. Shits different.
    Well, Super Bowl 48 was a huge blowout, so I should be comparing Sunday to that one.