Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT -Sayonara

1. OT -Sayonara

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Solo, you can move or delete this as you see fit, thanks

Stopping in to say goodbye to the great crew here, BC, Smoove, GWNR, RWT, BPR, QDR, Baldy, Amish, NC, ....and a bunch of others

I've said before I'm not a NFL fan, I'm a Ravens fan .... but this team? I am no longer a fan of this team.
    Heard what happened leaving service this morning, came home had to think about things so didn't turn on the DVR.

Decided to take the time to say goodbye, I won't have anything to add to discussions until the team turns over. I'm too small for it to matter, but I at least can STAND for what I believe in, and I don't believe I can follow this particular team.... don't want to know who was involved, would rather have the doubt in my mind as I let the team go for a while

maybe back in a couple of years, maybe a Liverpool fan or an Eskimos fan, but right now have a entertainment gap to fill
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Rx brother I understand it it is your right to stand for what you believe in and even though our views may differ on these things I respect your right to stand because that is what we are supposed to do. Hope you come back soon man you are a good dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rx,

As many have already said, I hope you'll reconsider sometime soon, but will also understand if you don't. Best wishes in all your endeavors regardless.

For posters crapping on Rx because they believe he's being insincere or seeking attention, or whatever, you're free to your opinions and their expression, but I wish more of humankind could take a page out of Smooth's playbook above.

Civil discourse breaks down when people fail to assume positive intent. I won't pretend that I know Rx on a deep level, but I'm taking his post at face value, nothing more, nothing less - a dude on a football message board (that's gone through several iterations over the course of roughly 21 years) who posted a goodbye to fellow posters.

Re: OT -Sayonara

I haven't been around in a while, but I am also officially no longer a Ravens fan, at least until Steve Bisciotti is no longer the owner. I was an original PSL holder. I sold those PSL's a few years ago, but my name is still on that wall they made for the original PSL buyers. I will be formally contacting the team to have my name removed from that. I don't want my name associated with anything to do with this team. I will also be boycotting any local business that continues to have sponsorship deals with this team. Moving my banking from M&T will be a pain, but it will be done.

Something tells me the people that are in support of the kneeling spend very little money on the NFL. I've seen many that never even watched a game. I'm more against bad business than I am ridiculous protests...and the Ravens have become a horribly run business. The Ravens are now dead to me and the NFL no longer owns any of my time. I know this is kind of a "bye Felicia!" kind of post, but I think it's important for the paying customers to express their disgust in as many ways as possible. I'd like for Bisciotti to see just how much damage this poor decision has costs his business. I want potential sponsors to see that the Ravens probably aren't the best place to invest their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I haven't been around in a while, but I am also officially no longer a Ravens fan, at least until Steve Bisciotti is no longer the owner. I was an original PSL holder. I sold those PSL's a few years ago, but my name is still on that wall they made for the original PSL buyers. I will be formally contacting the team to have my name removed from that. I don't want my name associated with anything to do with this team. I will also be boycotting any local business that continues to have sponsorship deals with this team. Moving my banking from M&T will be a pain, but it will be done.

Something tells me the people that are in support of the kneeling spend very little money on the NFL. I've seen many that never even watched a game. I'm more against bad business than I am ridiculous protests...and the Ravens have become a horribly run business. The Ravens are now dead to me and the NFL no longer owns any of my time. I know this is kind of a "bye Felicia!" kind of post, but I think it's important for the paying customers to express their disgust in as many ways as possible. I'd like for Bisciotti to see just how much damage this poor decision has costs his business. I want potential sponsors to see that the Ravens probably aren't the best place to invest their money.

.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    As I said on another thread, while it was only the players, it was still tolerable. Bad, but tolerable. Many of them are young, pampered, don't know any better. But what is really disgusting now it's the coaches and the owners who are behind it.
    Maybe the coaches and owners stand behind their players because they know them as people and treat them like human beings capable of thoughts beyond football instead of dancing monkeys.

And maybe the coaches and owners encourage the patriotism inherent in suggesting that we can improve as a society.

And maybe, just maybe, they understand that by supporting their teammates, they become a stronger unit as a whole. And that standing up to authoritarian bullies threatening the jobs of their teammates accomplishes more than divisiveness.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their views but it didn’t seem like many were willing to walk away when our star LB, at best, tried to cover up a double murder? Or when our other star LB was accused of dragging his wife down the street? Or when our star RB was accused of punching his wife? Now all of a sudden, players taking a knee is the biggest insult to your fandom?? You want people to understand you and not judge your moral compass while you steady place judgement others.

so. much. THIS.

people are NOW mad at suggs? really? not when he poured bleach on his ex-wife? that I just can't understand, but whatevs. to each their own.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Couldn't be prouder of the Ravens' organization today. Thank you to everyone involved!

To those that are leaving the fan base:

I hope you don't change your minds, though I have my doubts.

Count me out too, Rxdoxx.

Guess I'll have to learn to like Nascar again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Maybe the coaches and owners stand behind their players because they know them as people and treat them like human beings capable of thoughts beyond football instead of dancing monkeys.

And maybe the coaches and owners encourage the patriotism inherent in suggesting that we can improve as a society.

And maybe, just maybe, they understand that by supporting their teammates, they become a stronger unit as a whole. And that standing up to authoritarian bullies threatening the jobs of their teammates accomplishes more than divisiveness.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Disrespecting the flag is not improving this country. BLM and anti-police movements are not improving this country.

And all of this, on and off the field, started way before the current administration.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Count me out too, Rxdoxx.

Guess I'll have to learn to like Nascar again.
    ✌🏿️✌🏿️✌🏿️

OT -Sayonara

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post

And all of this, on and off the field, started way before the current administration.
    Smh

Last edited by wickedsolo; 09-24-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Rx,

As many have already said, I hope you'll reconsider sometime soon, but will also understand if you don't. Best wishes in all your endeavors regardless.

For posters crapping on Rx because they believe he's being insincere or seeking attention, or whatever, you're free to your opinions and their expression, but I wish more of humankind could take a page out of Smooth's playbook above.

Civil discourse breaks down when people fail to assume positive intent. I won't pretend that I know Rx on a deep level, but I'm taking his post at face value, nothing more, nothing less - a dude on a football message board (that's gone through several iterations over the course of roughly 21 years) who posted a goodbye to fellow posters.

Rx is head and shoulders above these posters that are giving him crap

Blog Entries

I have been a die hard NFL Fan for years and while I truly respect all rights regarding the first amendment, I watch the NFL for entertainment value period. There are many other platforms to use for political views and discussion. I'm truly bummed out that my favorite sport has now become a platform for political purposes and while i applaud those athletes who use this platform to make positive change I'm growing tired of the NFL in general.