Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Yet, here they are, biting the hand that feeds them. I guess they are too freaking stupid to figure out that they are insulting the very people they count on to watch the games they are playing so that they can collect their outsized salaries?
    Or they could realize that these issues are worth the risk and that not everything is about money. Money can't bring back lives.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    As of right now the NFL, NFLPA, a slew of players and the owners of the Giants, Falcons, 49ers and Dolphins have all addressed Trump's comment on the NFL. Trump has since addressed the comments made by the NFL.

Tomorrow the Ravens and Jaguars are going to be getting a lot extra international attention. They can't just bury what has become the biggest story of the year. Both Bisciotti and Khan had made comments about signing Kaepernick during training camp. They are as close to this issue as any owners in the entire league. There needs to be some sort of statement from each. Even better would be for both owners to hold a joint press conference and address this together.

If the NFL wants to put their best foot forward in the UK they can't just pretend this hasn't happened. Steve Bisciotti and Shahid Khan are the ambassadors of the NFL for this event. Gentleman, make thoughts known. The world is watching.
    Who the fuck cares what the UK thinks?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

3. Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Or they could realize that these issues are worth the risk and that not everything is about money. Money can't bring back lives.
    Uh yeah, sure dude. These guys haven't made hundreds of millions in personal wealth by starting non profits. You start a business like most of these guys have from scratch, and you better be ready to slit some throats if you wanna get to the top. Go take a look at Zygi Wolf, the Vikings owner. Guy makes the mafia look like a bunch of Boy Scouts.

Btw, since we should probably address the issue at hand (police brutality and African Americans) could you tell me the exact number of unarmed African Americans killed by police last year?

What issues?

Blog Entries

The amazing thing to me is that the owners are willing to watch their multi-billion dollar industry go into the crapper over this issue. Every article pretty clearly states the demographics of the situation. If the owners don't lay down the law, I have a feeling that this anti-NFL attitude that is starting to take hold around the country just grows.

As far as the players union goes, they are out of their freaking minds. There isn't 1% out of the players that could be pulling down 10% of what they make on the outside of the NFL. Yet, here they are, biting the hand that feeds them. I guess they are too freaking stupid to figure out that they are insulting the very people they count on to watch the games they are playing so that they can collect their outsized salaries?

If either the owners or the Players Union don't get some adults in the room fairly quickly, I would guess that you will see some radical realignments coming in the league as bankruptcies start occurring.
    I don't agree with that at all. I actually think it's pretty smart for NFL owners to stay out of it.
    The whole thing is a PR nightmare.

First, the NFL isn't losing money. Attendance may be down at games, but they're easily making up for it with TV revenue.

Secondly, as long as the NFL is willing to pay players several million dollars per year to play a game for, at most, 20 weeks out of the year (obviously, there is a lot more that goes into it, but that's what they're getting paid for), the boys of all demographics are going to fantasize about suiting up for an NFL team someday.

Third, as long as colleges and universities are willing to have athletic kids come to their schools and give them the option at a decent education that the student otherwise wouldn't have due to economics or poor grades, boys of all demographics will continue to strive for playing college ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

7. Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Oh Jesus... you were actually talking about the players. Which is even more absurd! How many guys you think showed up at training camp driving a 2009 Subaru Outback?

No, these guys are the most spoiled/coddled narcissistic people in the country. Half of NFL players spend more money in one day that entire family's spend in a year.

Blog Entries

Oh Jesus... you were actually talking about the players. Which is even more absurd! How many guys you think showed up at training camp driving a 2009 Subaru Outback?

No, these guys are the most spoiled/coddled narcissistic people in the country. Half of NFL players spend more money in one day that entire family's spend in a year.
    That's pretty darn true.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Every President surrounds themselves with like-minded people.

What, Erik Holder and Loretta Lynch didn't share the same politics as Obama? Cheyney and Rumsfeld didn't feel the same way about things as the Bush dynasty?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Every President surrounds themselves with like-minded people.

What, Erik Holder and Loretta Lynch didn't share the same politics as Obama? Cheyney and Rumsfeld didn't feel the same way about things as the Bush dynasty?

Has there ever been more corrupt people than Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder?

12. Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't agree with that at all. I actually think it's pretty smart for NFL owners to stay out of it.
    The whole thing is a PR nightmare.

First, the NFL isn't losing money. Attendance may be down at games, but they're easily making up for it with TV revenue.

Secondly, as long as the NFL is willing to pay players several million dollars per year to play a game for, at most, 20 weeks out of the year (obviously, there is a lot more that goes into it, but that's what they're getting paid for), the boys of all demographics are going to fantasize about suiting up for an NFL team someday.

Third, as long as colleges and universities are willing to have athletic kids come to their schools and give them the option at a decent education that the student otherwise wouldn't have due to economics or poor grades, boys of all demographics will continue to strive for playing college ball.

I couldn't fundamentally disagree with what you're saying more.

They may not be losing money right now, but clearly there is a huge drop in ratings and atendence that only looks like it will worsen. The TV deals signed are a looming disaster. On top of that, you alienate 20 million plus fans who basically walk away and give you the finger... yeah, good luck bouncing back from that.

You guys are completely oblivious to the business and financial aspect of all of this. If you don't think that many people will just stop watching cold turkey, you're fooling yourselves.