Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    6 of top 10 tv shows lad week were nfl games or shows.

RELAX

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Sorry to piggy back of my own comment but...

I haven't watched tv in a way that is traceable for over a year. First I cut the cord and just watched hulu for some t.v. shows.

For nfl shows I stream any game I want , of course it's a gray area of the law.

I'd wager tv ratings across the board are down on everything and nfl ratings are just a reflection of streaming services, legal and kinda of legal becoming more popular

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Pretending that this is just a normal fun week with this going on is not a good idea. Both the Ravens and Jaguars were tied to Kaepernick in August. Both owners talked about it. They can't just ignore that with a call to boycott their games.
    What if Bisciotti feels the same way that Trump does when it comes to players kneeling? If that were the case, would you still want him to say something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What if Bisciotti feels the same way that Trump does when it comes to players kneeling? If that were the case, would you still want him to say something?

If he does, I'd find another team.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The 1st amendment stops you from being arrested from doing this. However, a work place can state in their contract what you can and can't say or do. So it's the contract that is important here, and I would bet that it doesn't state in any of the NFL teams contracts that you can't sit for the national anthem. So as much as I disagree with what they're doing personally, they are entitled to do what they want during the national anthem.
    This is what I was wondering about. Work places can always have additional policies about what employees can do at the workplace or work place functions. I don't see why a team could not say to express your own opinions on your own time or your own social media. I heard that the Cowboys quietly did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I'd respect his freedom of speech, even though I disagree with it.

It would be interesting to see if the issue sticks around for the next CBA though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    Would it really be that shocking? Bisciotti is a lot more eloquent than Trump is, but when it comes to principles of democracy and America, Bisciotti is someone that is self made and came from very little and is a devout Catholic. Italian family who's grandparents came over on the boat in the early 1900's. Went to Salisbury, majored in nothing spectacular, started a business in his garage, and now is worth $3.3 billion.

He may think Trump is a clown, and he'd right, but would it really be that shocking if he didn't agree with players kneeling during the national anthem?

Blog Entries

Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Out of curiosity has any other NFL owner said something in response to Trump's nonsense?

I just saw what Goodell said in response.

Blog Entries

Real good question here wicked and if he does as much as I love this team with all my heart I would not be watching the Ravens or the NFL anymore if Steve shares the same views as Donald. I will respect his POV and heavy heartedly lay my purple paraphernalia to rest.

Blog Entries

Would it really be that shocking? Bisciotti is a lot more eloquent than Trump is, but when it comes to principles of democracy and America, Bisciotti is someone that is self made and came from very little and is a devout Catholic. Italian family who's grandparents came over on the boat in the early 1900's. Went to Salisbury, majored in nothing spectacular, started a business in his garage, and now is worth $3.3 billion.

He may think Trump is a clown, and he'd right, but would it really be that shocking if he didn't agree with players kneeling during the national anthem?

If he feels that way, that tells me he wants (just like Trump) for black people to shut up and be thankful for what's given to us. Which is racist so yeah I'd find another team.

As an aside that flag for around 200 years wasn't even for blacks. We didn't have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and for great a many don't have it now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I hope he rips Trump a new asshole. "Those sons of bitches". What a piece of garbage
    I'm so jealous of your Canadian citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Real good question here wicked and if he does as much as I love this team with all my heart I would not be watching the Ravens or the NFL anymore if Steve shares the same views as Donald. I will respect his POV and heavy heartedly lay my purple paraphernalia to rest.

Why? This is exactly where this whole thing goes sideways. You become the same as the people you're arguing against with this mentality. As a poster above wrote, people are upset with the way he is protesting more than the racism itself.

Two very different things. Discrimination/prejudice has been around for thousands of years. I'm sure many folks who don't like HOW players are choosing to voice their opinions aren't racist. I know some are but I'm willing to give our owner the benefit of the doubt.

Blog Entries

He won't say a word. None of the owners will

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!