Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 5556575859 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Steve Bisciotti Needs to Speak

Quote Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
    Man please stop with all that valor BS. Look at me look at me . Thank you for serving. But most serving don't go telling everyone on every post.
    Nor have I, maybe you should read the rest of the posts. He asked a question in regards to someone watching me work. I don't need recognition, but if you ask questions repeatedly I'll answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    Nor have I, maybe you should read the rest of the posts. He asked a question in regards to someone watching me work. I don't need recognition, but if you ask questions repeatedly I'll answer.
    It clearly didn't require the commentary of "o these rich millionaires would crap themselves if they do what I did". Was never about the difficulty or the danger of the work... it was about whether somebody would pay to watch them do it.

For people that don't understand simple economics, its why professional athletes get paid more than police officers, fireman, teachers, military, etc.

People aren't necessarily compensated based on difficulty, dangerous, or even importance to society. There's not much money in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    While people are complaining about other things what I saw from the big picture yesterday was UNITY...black players white players Brothers on the grid iron interlocking arms hugging each other hands on each other shoulders owners hugging their players. That’s what I saw but most of us too busy worried about “disrespect” over a corporation flag. This is no disrespect to the men and women who died serving this country it’s not even a disrespect to the flag itself or the country it’s about bring people together under the awareness that not all of us are treated equally and even though we have came a long way we still have a long ways to go but under UNITY we can get there...that’s what I saw yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this. I'm more disgusted by fans who BOOED them during the anthem. THAT'S disrespectful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Peaceful protest is a protected right of all Americans. However, it upsets me when these high profile athletes and Hollywood actors use their stage, which most Americans don't have access to, to gain advantage on political or social issues. We pay these people to entertain us, so entertain and keep your political and/social opinions to yourself while you are working. I have to, why not them?
    So who speaks up for the rest of the people that don't have that platform? It's certainly not the politicians that represent them...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Well I do love a good keyboard.

I'm not really the warrior type, mostly because I could care less what they're doing out there and I know that I'm a whore to the NFL because I love football that much. I suppose if Roger Goodell personally shot my dog, I'd stop supporting, but other than that, there's very few instances or events I can see that would prevent me from making a conscience decision to stop watching.

Some guys taking a knee for the anthem certainly ain't going to qualify.
    If the players really want to protest what Trump said about them, then go stand in front of the White House and protest. Your job is not to express your political views on people who pay good money to watch you play. Are there any players standing in front of the White House??? I doubt it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    So who speaks up for the rest of the people that don't have that platform? It's certainly not the politicians that represent them...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yesterday it seemed like 10.

However, this is not my point AT ALL. I do not want politics infused into my entertainment. At that point it stops being entertaining.
    Man, that's been going on for ages. Between music, acting and sports. How many of our favorite songs infuse these matters into them? There's never been a time that entertainment hasn't done this. At least, to my knowledge, but I am a relatively young guy. So, I could be wrong.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Absolutely fucking disgraceful to kneel during the national anthem in a foreign country.
    What do you think the Brits called leaving the country in the first place?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    If the players really want to protest what Trump said about them, then go stand in front of the White House and protest. Your job is not to express your political views on people who pay good money to watch you play. Are there any players standing in front of the White House??? I doubt it!!!!
    This is a better platform then joining the hundreds of people who already protest in front of the White House every day. Why don't those protesters get the same media attention and platform these guys do?

Answer... because they're not on TV all the time. These guys are. If you don't have people who use their position of popularity/power to bring attention to the agendas they think need to attention, then the topic will never get that attention.

There have been people picketing and protesting in front of the White House since before I was born (over 30 years ago). None of them ever get the attention this gets, and for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Except if it's things like domestic violence, honoring those of 9/11 or the cops shot in Dallas last year.

That's apparently where they draw the line. Makes sense to me.
    The NFL and the union have a collective bargaining agreement, also known as a CBA. When players violate that agreement, the NFL punishes them. When they do not violate it, the NFL does not punish them.

Does it make sense to you now?

Blog Entries

How many years did the NFL get away with paid patriotism without a single person booing?
    How many years has the NFL not even held the flag correctly without a single person booing?
    How many years have college teams implemented the US flag into their gameday uniform without a single person booing?
    How many years did we ever hear the shouting of 'OOOOOOOOOO' denounced by the Maryland fanbase?

There are rights to be mad, hypocrisy of being mad and both.

This.....is both.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstatsman View Post
    The NFL and the union have a collective bargaining agreement, also known as a CBA. When players violate that agreement, the NFL punishes them. When they do not violate it, the NFL does not punish them.

Does it make sense to you now?
    Why, yes. Thank you so much for enlightening me. What would I ever do without your wisdom?

It's a double standard with what they tell them they can do and can't on the field. They have the discretion to fine or not fine players for things. Telling the Dallas Cowboys they cannot honor slain Dallas Police officers seems to be a bit too far.