Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: *TNF* Rams @ 49ers

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Garcon was who I was hoping we'd try and get this past off season.
    You can tell real WRs when you see them.

Garcon, Steve Smith, Boldin. mason too.

Similar guys in my opinion. Mason not being as tough as the others, but still very good.

unfortunately weve only had wrs like that only for a few years at the back half/end of their careers.

It is sad/annoying that we can't draft a guy like that and have him during his prime.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I didn't even known Watkin was #12.

I was like, who the F is that making all these plays.

Then I see it's Watkins, and I'm like - makes sense now.

The basket catch near two defenders? What a luxury to have.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Mason not being as tough as the others, but still very good.

After the Dallas game, I disagree with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    After the Dallas game, I disagree with that statement.
    Totally agree, Mason was as tough as they come. He wasn't necessarily as physical as some of the others, if that's what he was trying to say, I would agree with that.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Also, I was secretly hoping Gurley would have another poor season in LA and we could have perhaps looked into getting him here...I was sure that he was struggling because Fisher and that coaching staff stunk (similar to how Pittsburgh stole Bettis), and it looks like I was totally right considering Gurley is starting to finally produce close to what was expected with a coaching staff that has a clue offensively.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Totally agree, Mason was as tough as they come. He wasn't necessarily as physical as some of the others, if that's what he was trying to say, I would agree with that.
    Yes physical would have been the better term.

Blog Entries

Also, I was secretly hoping Gurley would have another poor season in LA and we could have perhaps looked into getting him here...I was sure that he was struggling because Fisher and that coaching staff stunk (similar to how Pittsburgh stole Bettis), and it looks like I was totally right considering Gurley is starting to finally produce close to what was expected with a coaching staff that has a clue offensively.
    I was hoping kinda the same thing with Hyde

The offensive scheme the Rams are using this year is working really well. Gurley is a stud

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I was hoping kinda the same thing with Hyde
    SF was shopping Hyde for a bit this offseason, I think his injury history stopped teams from offering significant value

Blog Entries

The Ravens wouldn't spend what it would take to trade for Gurley. It would be a very high pick. Les Snead is still running the Rams. This wasn't a case where they dumped everyone so the new guys in charge are able to make a ton of personnel changes. It's more of a case where the new head coach has to make the existing guys better and then add some guys to that group. If Gurley was traded then Snead would have to admit he screwed up a top 10 1st round pick.

Blog Entries

This may have been one of the most enjoyable Thursday Night games I've watched. Gurley is beast.

Cleveland, Jared Goff looked pretty good... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    This may have been one of the most enjoyable Thursday Night games I've watched. Gurley is beast.

Cleveland, Jared Goff looked pretty good... LOL
    Goff looks completely different than last year... but the entire offense does. Gurly looked awful last year. Something has changed. I dont follow the rams enough to claim to know what..... but they look like a completely different team.

They are going to be fighting for 1/2 place with the Seahawks in that division