Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

All the EMPTY SEATS on Sunday!!

Did everybody at the game Sunday notice all the empty seats around the stadium?? There must have been 8,000 to 10,000 empty seats. I saw on the resale market that the ticket prices were very low. So the brokers took a beating. Are we seeing the value of attending a game going away like the Orioles are seeing??

Hey Steve, that was in response to raising ticket prices AGAIN!!

What do you think??

Re: All the EMPTY SEATS on Sunday!!

Yeah, it's not new. It's not a response to raising ticket prices. It has been going on and discussed since 2013.
    "Chin up, chest out."

It was a "sellout". All seats sold. But....not everyone made it through the gates. There are 4 seats behind me. I know the guy who owns them. Haven't seen him in 2 years since his knee replacements (upper deck - hoping he comes back w escalators next year). He sells his seats & ppl show up in the 2nd quarter usually. Drunk. And go visit friends in the lower deck at halftime & never come back. That row appears empty, but the "fans" are walking around the stadium & not sitting in their seats. Wonder how much of it is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the events around the stadium showed a lot more enthusiasm then the last theee years. A lot of largescale tailgates, some with live bands.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    I thought the events around the stadium showed a lot more enthusiasm then the last theee years. A lot of largescale tailgates, some with live bands.
    yup, I felt more energy. and yes, many around me were walking around/going to shady spots for a break from the sun, as wimpy as that sounds

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    yup, I felt more energy. and yes, many around me were walking around/going to shady spots for a break from the sun, as wimpy as that sounds

Not wimpy at all. I think i lost 15 pounds of pure sweat on Sunday. Didn't need to hit the men's room at all b/c I sweat out every ounce of liquid in my body.

Blog Entries

I thought it was a good crowd considering it was hot and half the crowd was in direct sunlight. Not to mention it was Cleveland. I saw maybe 5 Browns fans the whole time. If we win in London I'm betting its packed vs Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post

I agree. It was intense in the sun and I noticed a lot of people going to the concourse. I saw the same thing in Cincinnati (empty seats), but when I mentioned it to a Bengals fan he pointed out that the exposure to the sun has people in the shade for a good chunk of the game.

As the weather cools, people will look forward to the direct sun.
    Captain Offense

Personally, I hate being in the sun and while they are doing a better job this year, it sucked really bad with all the play stoppages when nothing is going on.

And frankly, if the game sucks, or the team stinks, it's not a great experience, for me at least. When big games are going on, or we are having a season where we are kicking ass, the stadium experience is great.

When the team is boring and losing as much as they are winning...not so much when you are outside in the elements.

I know I'll get some flack for this, but personally, those are instances where being indoors would make me more inclined to go on days where the weather is bad/really sunny/hot/cold.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I've been to a few of these Sept games, brutally hot, total misery. I will never do it again. I suspect that is part of the issue.

After the game was well in hand it did look like a lot of early departures

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I was at the game and the stadium was PACKED and LOUD. Pretty much every seat was filled at the beginning of the game. Sun def. played a factor as the game went on. Had a buddy in upper deck come down and sat with me in my area since my seats are covered :). The concourse was PACKED all game. I did notice this year there are tents in the concourse that have a big sectioned off bar area in shade playing all the games on TVs. Seemed like that area was being used a lot. Can't wait for Steelers game though, place is going to be ELECTRIC!!!!

Blog Entries

Thought it was much improved over last year. Just have to adjust your expectations. The days of the jam packed stadium here for anyone other than the Steelers are probably over, barring a playoff game or something crazy like the team being undefeated later in the season.

Not just a Ravens thing btw. It's the reality for the majority of the teams in the league.