Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: OT: But does everyone still hate Brady at age 40?

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I can like and respect great players on teams that I hate. Troy Polamalu, Darrell Green, Peyton Manning to name three. But then there are players I hate on teams that I hate: Joey Porter, Whines Hard, Dexter Manley, for example. These are guys that, if they played for my team, I would have a hard time holding my nose while trying to root for them.

Tom Brady tops the latter list. I can respect his talent, and in spite of the asterisks, I can respect his accomplishments. But:
    a) the constant whining for, and usually getting, flags that aren't legit;
    b) following on to a), the special treatment from refs -- the BRADY rule? He got a fucking rule named after him;
    c) trying to kick a man in the nads while he's PUSSY-SLIDING;
    d) playing on the edge of the rules to gain cheap advantage, like the quick snap, not declaring receivers, and assorted bullshit; and lastly,
    e) playing OVER the edge of the rules, like in Deflategate and the attempted cover up. The last is the worst, because it calls his accomplishments into question. He has knowledge of, and complicity in, the cheating culture in New England. None of it happens without his blessing and cooperation. Because of this if for no other reason, he can go fuck himself. I can call him the great QB of all time and still have zero respect for him. He's a douche.
    100% agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    #1 pass offense in the league, #1 offense in the league with Cooks and a hobbly Gronk. And that's after a poor first game...
    No doubt they have a very potent offense, but it was looking pretty inept after the Chiefs game. Playing the Saints D can get your O healthy in a hurry.

I hate when we play Brady, he's that good. But you've gotta respect him. The Michael Jordan of the NFL. I had a Super Bowl party earlier this year in Atlanta and I told my Falcon fan guests as they were dancing and celebrating in the 3rd quarter - this isn't over, not by a long shot. I've seen him do it too many times. And sure enough.

But aside from that, what I appreciate is that he wasn't always "Tom Brady". He had to grow into that. Take a look at his combine photos and film. Laughable. But it's a testament to what you can will yourself towards if you're dedicated. How you start isn't always how you finish.
    "The Ravens could employ a war criminal and they would treat him like a f**king prince just because the rest of the world disapproved."

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Brady can suck one. I hate him.

If he wasn't such a whiney little brat I wouldn't mind him but Fuck he complains a lot. I love when suggs gets to him lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thiiiiiiis
    can't respect a whiner.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hes too smug.

I used to really like him and enjoyed watching him play. With all that crap that went down I don't like him, but I do respect him. He is quite possibly the most elite athlete that has ever played a sport. I get why people hate him - rich, good looking, talented, takes care of himself, he wins, etc. Many fans of the sport attack him for his whining - I can see that. But you could look at from another perspective - he is demanding. Sheep don't get anything in life, Tom Brady does. He is always taking the initiative and has expectations of those around him. If they don't meet his expectations they will hear it.

I don't care for him much anymore. However I can separate my personal subjectivity from appreciation for the guy and I still enjoy watching him.

A guy like Dion Sanders can put more 'prick' into a 15 minute tv segment than a lifetime of Brady pressers. I just realized my original hate was based more on him not wearing purple and black. If you look at Brady's post game persona, it's pretty standard, bland at times even. Anyone who is granted/earned a charmed life, most people are going to not like. Sad human nature. I watched the 2016 Patriots on NFL Network and found Brady to be quite humble and just a guy.

Still, Joe and the Ravens are going to be the team that denies him another ring....that's my heart talking, but it could become truth. So, in the end, I don't want Brady to conquer anything else and fall to Joe and the Ravens.

Someone mentioned Peyton Manning ..... I found Manning on the field to be far smugger than Brady. But that's just me perhaps. If it's television commercials, I don't know, I think Peyton has a knack for being more loose.

And BTW, if Suggs ends Brady, no complaints here either.
    Last edited by alienstar; 09-18-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Blog Entries

I absolutely hate that smug prick and nothing will ever change that

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    A guy like Dion Sanders can put more 'prick' into a 15 minute tv segment than a lifetime of Brady pressers. I just realized my original hate was based more on him not wearing purple and black. If you look at Brady's post game persona, it's pretty standard, bland at times even. Anyone who is granted/earned a charmed life, most people are going to not like. Sad human nature. I watched the 2016 Patriots on NFL Network and found Brady to be quite humble and just a guy.

Still, Joe and the Ravens are going to be the team that denies him another ring....that's my heart talking, but it could become truth. So, in the end, I don't want Brady to conquer anything else and fall to Joe and the Ravens.

Someone mentioned Peyton Manning ..... I found Manning on the field to be far smugger than Brady. But that's just me perhaps. If it's television commercials, I don't know, I think Peyton has a knack for being more loose.

And BTW, if Suggs ends Brady, no complaints here either.
    Id rather listen to a guy claim he's the best than have some smug smile and make slights at players and teams in between the lines while acting like he never did or said anything.

I Love players like TO or Ocho, Sanders. They were great and back it up. Brady is the definition of a smug condescending POS, even if he is the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I can like and respect great players on teams that I hate. Troy Polamalu, Darrell Green, Peyton Manning to name three. But then there are players I hate on teams that I hate: Joey Porter, Whines Hard, Dexter Manley, for example. These are guys that, if they played for my team, I would have a hard time holding my nose while trying to root for them.

Tom Brady tops the latter list. I can respect his talent, and in spite of the asterisks, I can respect his accomplishments. But:
    a) the constant whining for, and usually getting, flags that aren't legit;
    b) following on to a), the special treatment from refs -- the BRADY rule? He got a fucking rule named after him;
    c) trying to kick a man in the nads while he's PUSSY-SLIDING;
    d) playing on the edge of the rules to gain cheap advantage, like the quick snap, not declaring receivers, and assorted bullshit; and lastly,
    e) playing OVER the edge of the rules, like in Deflategate and the attempted cover up. The last is the worst, because it calls his accomplishments into question. He has knowledge of, and complicity in, the cheating culture in New England. None of it happens without his blessing and cooperation. Because of this if for no other reason, he can go fuck himself. I can call him the great QB of all time and still have zero respect for him. He's a douche.
    This is simply a great post. Thanks for reminding me about how he tried to take out Ed Reed's balls.

Blog Entries

fuck

Blog Entries

thomas

Blog Entries

brady