Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 10-6 may not make the playoffs this year

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    But there is a point here. He's right in that its really hard to see the Jets, Bengals, Browns, Colts and Chargers as playoff teams. The Chargers have the most talent but their schedule looks kinda tough to climb out of a 0-2 hole. And they don't have great talent for sure. Colts? Luck's return will improve them but not that much.

Jags? Come on- nope. Well maybe if they upset us next Sunday but even then...Bills? Nope. Texans? They were hyped at the beginning of the year but their QB situation is awful. Perhaps they are the most likely but still a long shot.

So that leaves eight teams for six spots.
    New England
    Miami
    Tennessee
    Oakland
    Denver
    Kansas City
    Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

um....its week 3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    waaaaaay too soon to tell
    Exactly, hell, for all we know just 2 weeks in is that 10-6 might win the division.

Blog Entries

Win the North.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    um....its week 3
    Still worth a discussion on a fan message board. We have predictions threads before the season even starts after all. Trying to mute discussion with lines like "it's only week 2" or even "it's only April" when discussing the direction of the team is very counter productive.

In one of the prediction threads I said the 2 wild card spots were going to come down to 4 teams: The Ravens, 2 teams from the West, and the Texans.

As of right now the Texans look terrible and the only other team that could take their place would be the Dolphins, although I don't think they're overly impressive in their lone game so far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    um....its week 3
    Right, "And what do you want to be when you're 40?"

"HUH?" ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Still worth a discussion on a fan message board. We have predictions threads before the season even starts after all. Trying to mute discussion with lines like "it's only week 2" or even "it's only April" when discussing the direction of the team is very counter productive.

In one of the prediction threads I said the 2 wild card spots were going to come down to 4 teams: The Ravens, 2 teams from the West, and the Texans.

As of right now the Texans look terrible and the only other team that could take their place would be the Dolphins, although I don't think they're overly impressive in their lone game so far.
    I mean you kind of made the point of why these discussions are useless in your own post.

You're discounting the Dolphins based on the logic that they've only played ONE game, yet the entire league has only played a maximum of two games.

The reality is that any team "could" take their place. Why? Because its only been two games. Nobody knows anything. We know pieces of information about every single team. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    I mean you kind of made the point of why these discussions are useless in your own post.

You're discounting the Dolphins based on the logic that they've only played ONE game, yet the entire league has only played a maximum of two games.

The reality is that any team "could" take their place. Why? Because its only been two games. Nobody knows anything. We know pieces of information about every single team. That's it.
    So that's it? Just mute all discussion until February when all of the games have played out? How boring.

So that's it? Just mute all discussion until February when all of the games have played out? How boring.
    Why are you even entertaining that toolbag?

haha - of course it's all speculation. The big equalizer is injuries. We have no idea who's going down. We had no idea before the Browns game that Yanda was going down. Over in the NFC, the Panthers' chances to win the South dropped dramatically with Greg Olsen's injury.

Don't put too much stock into it. But now I will update this in two weeks just to irritate people.

Prediction threads before the year starts i can get with because your looking at the season as a whole. When we start judging and changing predictions based on each week it is just pointless imo as the very same next week that prediction will be different. But your right, i shouldnt have said any thing and just let the discussion flow.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Right, "And what do you want to be when you're 40?"

"HUH?" ... Bc
    The guy in the back ground holding the beer
    Last edited by usmccharles; 09-19-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Is that David Arquette?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore