Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So...how about that Alex Collins?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yes. That's exactly what Collins does. It's something the Seahawks really want in a RB. I think that's why they benched Lacy because he can't make his own holes. Collins in college was a good inside runner because he could squeeze through any seem. He's lost some weight this year but he still seems to be able to do the same thing.
    Seattle obviously want that because they never have an OL that's any good. With Yanda out now we are going to need the same with our RBs. The problem is, we have a pocket passer and not someone who is great at escaping pressure like Wilson is. But I did like the pocket movement play calling.

I'm not sure about straight-line speed per se, that's never really been his game, but he definitely has a burst/suddenness about him that is lacking in the other guys on the roster.

Honestly thought of Ricky Williams when I saw Collins. I am from Arkansas and had some friends in the program telling me things about him. Could be the guy we are looking for. As soon as I heard he was called up, picked him up in my fantasy league.

http://russellstreetreport.com/2017/.../alex-collins/

Good piece on Alex Collins.

Obvioulsy the sample size is very very small, but promise is a good word to describe him.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    http://russellstreetreport.com/2017/.../alex-collins/

Good piece on Alex Collins.

Obvioulsy the sample size is very very small, but promise is a good word to describe him.
    that was also a good piece showing Hurst opening up and leading the way for a lot of those runs. Good vision by Collins, good plays by Hurst. His name has been thrown in the mud around here for awhile, id just like to point out when he does well.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Honestly thought of Ricky Williams when I saw Collins. I am from Arkansas and had some friends in the program telling me things about him. Could be the guy we are looking for. As soon as I heard he was called up, picked him up in my fantasy league.
    I got him hiding out on my bench

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I got him hiding out on my bench
    Too bad I dropped optimus perine for him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Ive been a buck fan, I think hes the most complete back we have. Obviously disappointed with im last year because of that lack of use, but it seems hes gaining confidence and starting to show some of his wiggle and moves. Hes not a great tackle breaker, thats something he never really showed in college, but he did have some wiggle when he go out in space.

Im glad Collins got some touches and did the most with them. Hes hungry and thats a good thing. Still kind of hoping Langford gets back on PS because I think hes a better fit if Buck goes down to replace Woodheads touches. Theres a role for him on this team in that situation. I find the whole thing kind of odd that they brought him up to cut him completely right before. maybe have decided they needed a garbage time runner (collins) more than a pass catcher, but that may not hold true if anything happens to Buck.
    Haven't our running backs and running game been a big disappointment every year except for when Kubes was the OC. I think coaching and in particular Castillo have been the big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Haven't our running backs and running game been a big disappointment every year except for when Kubes was the OC. I think coaching and in particular Castillo have been the big problem.
    + talent.

We haven't had a highly skilled RB since Rice.

Collins looks like he could be a complete guy if he cleans up the fumbles. But West looks like a goal line back and Buck looks like a 3rd string throw in for the pass game to mix it up kind of dude.

To compare, Woodhead is often injured, but when he isn't he's a home run hitter and can be monumental on drives out of the back field. Allen doesn't have that factor (though he can stay healthy so that's a boost).
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Castillo was definitely a problem, he interfered too much with the scheme when all he should have been doing is coaching Linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    that was also a good piece showing Hurst opening up and leading the way for a lot of those runs. Good vision by Collins, good plays by Hurst. His name has been thrown in the mud around here for awhile, id just like to point out when he does well.
    It seems the reports of him improving weren't just coachspeak. He seems to finally be acclimating to the pro level. Here's hoping he only gets better!
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Hurst seems to be okay in run blocking, but it's his pass blocking that still concerns me. I do think he was actually better than Jensen and Urschel when they played LG.

Jensen is benefitting from less lateral movement in pass pro. He can focus on sticking his punch which is his strength.

I am now pretty worried about the interior pass blocking but I dont think it's going to come over Jensen.

I think it's going to come through the B gap. The OT's get put oin their islands agaisnt the edge rushers and if the D lines up in more of a 5-tech it's right over the B-gap and that could cause issues for both Hurst and whoever comes in.

One of the sacks last week was basically two guys coming through (Kirksey and whoever the DT was) and Hurst just didn't pick it up. I believe Buck missed a pick up on that playu too
    - Ray Lewis