Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Looks like it was another successful draft

All 3 first picks from this years draft playing well today and contributing. The 2016 class was good, but this one may be even better. Future is pointing in the right direction.

Blog Entries

Re: Looks like it was another successful draft

You can definitely see Tim Williams' speed off of the edge. As he develops other moves, he is going to be dangerous. Bowser is playing faster than I originally thought he would this early, in a 'From the neck up' sense. The athleticism was always there. I just expected him to be a few steps behind early on.

It will be interesting to see how they fare week 4.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think they'll fare better Week 4 than Week 5, the speed will be helpful to containing Ben's scrambles

Book's not closed on the 2015 draft either. Maxx Williams had some good plays, Buck Allen too, Nick Boyle and Carl Davis contributing, and we saw what Za'Darius Smith did week 1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You can definitely see Tim Williams' speed off of the edge. As he develops other moves, he is going to be dangerous. Bowser is playing faster than I originally thought he would this early, in a 'From the neck up' sense. The athleticism was always there. I just expected him to be a few steps behind early on.

It will be interesting to see how they fare week 4.
    We need 3 good picks on offense now.

Give me a guard/center, RB, and WR. TEs looked good today, so maybe we don't need one as much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Book's not closed on the 2015 draft either. Maxx Williams had some good plays, Buck Allen too, Nick Boyle and Carl Davis contributing, and we saw what Za'Darius Smith did week 1
    Indeed, I am happy to see Maxx Williams finally contributing. Perrimen is starting to look like a bust unfortunately

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Give me a guard/center, RB, and WR. TEs looked good today, so maybe we don't need one as much.
    I would still say that we do. In the sense that Watson's big concerned wasn't what he did today. His big concern has been whether or not he will remain healthy for a full season. We saw it with Smith Sr. He tore his achilles in 2015 and re-injured it last year. Williams is a battering ram. Those guys rack up injuries anyway. He also doesn't have any ups. He is like Marlon Brown in that regard. He barely has any lift off of the ground. Boyle is not going to seriously threaten a defense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I would still say that we do. In the sense that Watson's big concerned wasn't what he did today. His big concern has been whether or not he will remain healthy for a full season. We saw it with Smith Sr. He tore his achilles in 2015 and re-injured it last year. Williams is a battering ram. Those guys rack up injuries anyway. He also doesn't have any ups. He is like Marlon Brown in that regard. He barely has any lift off of the ground. Boyle is not going to seriously threaten a defense.
    Yeah but I'd say we need a WR more than we need a TE. I am starting to worry that Perrimen is never going to be any good, Wallace is going to be a FA, and Maclin is only on a 2 year deal. I would try and re-sign Wallace, to a reasonable deal, and then draft a WR in the first 3 rounds.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Looks like it was another successful draft

All 3 first picks from this years draft playing well today and contributing. The 2016 class was good, but this one may be even better. Future is pointing in the right direction.
    leach, I agree and Bowser was my favorite pick. However, does "All 3 first picks from this years draft playing well today" mean Pick #1, Pick #2, and Pick #3b (that's the Wormley wink)... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    leach, I agree and Bowser was my favorite pick. However, does "All 3 first picks from this years draft playing well today" mean Pick #1, Pick #2, and Pick #3b (that's the Wormley wink)... Bc
    wormley was the mvp today I thought...

Yes to the 1st 2 no to the wr. Sign vets there. Mason, Boldin, Smith, Maclin.

I thought from the start that the players we drafted were good players.

I just thought it was overkill and unbalanced considering what they expended on the offensive side in free agency.

I expect all of the early defenders to be quality players in this league.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.