Custom Odds on the Bengals

One of the big British Books, William Hill, has a new service for Twitter where you can ask for a price on anything by tagging it @WilliamHill and #YourOdds.

I was fascinated by this option and surprised they were still offering 5.5 to 1 on the Bengals to win the AFCN. I asked for the odds for the Bengals not to win the AFC North. They responded in approximately 8 hours with:

Will Hill Bengals.jpg

Does anyone else absolutely LOVE this price (1 to 7, meaning you risk 700 to win 100)? I don't think that OL can be fixed in season.

Blog Entries

Re: Custom Odds on the Bengals

It does seem favorable. What I would do though is try to find another team in a different division and ask for the same bet. I'm thinking the Chargers. That way you can get an idea if this is something the UK bookmakers just aren't good at valuing NFL football or if there something about this bet that you just aren't considering. The Chargers also play in a division with a big favorite team. They lost week 1 and have some QB protection issues. It would be interesting to see how close that is to the Bengals odds.

Today, the service I use, has the Bengals at + 300 to win the division, so if you bet $100, you win $300. It also has the Ravens at +150 and the Steelers at -300. The Browns are +3000.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Don't know why I forgot to try this...

You can replicate the (Bengals lose Division) bet by betting proportionally on all 3 other teams to win the division. Using Oddschecker, the best price of total return per dollar wagered on each of the other 3 teams was (prior to the TNF game):

Steelers: 1.8 (.8 to 1)
    Ravens: 3.8 (2.8 to 1)
    Browns: 101 (100 to 1)

Let's say I want to risk up to $1,000 to win a total of $1,143. I have 2 options:

1. I can bet $1,000 on Cincinnati to lose the division at the 1 to 7 price William Hill gave me, which will have a total payoff (including return of my bet) of $1,143

2. Alternatively, I can bet:
    --$635 on Pittsburgh (payoff of $1,143)
    --$301 on the Ravens (payoff of $1,143)
    --$11.30 on the Browns (payoff of $1,143)
    So for a total of $947.30 I can get the payoff of $1,143 if the Bengals lose the division.

Effectively, the aggregate line available online is offering 1.207 (1.143/.9473) of return per dollar wagered on the Bengals not winning the division and the William Hill price was only 1.143.

I liked the bet at the original odds. I would have absolutely loved it at the synthetic price. It's too late now in either case.

All odds are available here:
    https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl
    Last edited by Filmstudy; 09-15-2017 at 12:14 AM.

Blog Entries

"With no touchdowns, Bengals can join some ugly company next week"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...any-next-week/

... Bc

Cinycat, I'm going to buy you an AJ Green all white color rush jersey just to ease your nerves. Coolest jersey I've seen since the Chargers powder blue.

This offense sucks but helps on the way in either Gruden or Hue as I believe Jay will be fired after this year and Hue could be had for a pick because the Browns are whores for draft picks and don't realize how good a coach he is. I've slammed him in the past because he was a back stabber but he appears to have put that behind him. Imagine him in Oakland with those weapons.....oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Cinycat, I'm going to buy you an AJ Green all white color rush jersey just to ease your nerves. Coolest jersey I've seen since the Chargers powder blue.

This offense sucks but helps on the way in either Gruden or Hue as I believe Jay will be fired after this year and Hue could be had for a pick because the Browns are whores for draft picks and don't realize how good a coach he is. I've slammed him in the past because he was a back stabber but he appears to have put that behind him. Imagine him in Oakland with those weapons.....oh wait.
    Have you seen the other 30 teams, because if if that's the coolest I am missing something